PDA

View Full Version : Star, Sherab, and other westerners interested in hinduism

Spiritualseeker
30 July 2009, 07:59 AM
Namaste,

I came across this site http://www.dharmacentral.com/dharmamedia/dharmaradio.php

The radio is talks with Dr. Frank MOrales a convert to Hinduism. You can see some of his other videos on youtube. You can check out the main site www.dharmacentral.com (http://www.dharmacentral.com)

Star I think this will be helpful to you since you read some ill comments about non hindu born people cannot become hindus. Well ofcourse the life of Dr. Frank Morales and many other converts disproves that false opinion.

-juan

Spiritualseeker
30 July 2009, 08:05 AM
http://www.dharmacentral.com/acharyaji.php

A little Biography of Dr. Frank Morales known as Sri Acharyaji

Sherab
30 July 2009, 09:17 AM
Thank you SS. I will look at this later.

Himalayanacademy.com also has a book about becoming a hindu :)

satay
30 July 2009, 10:21 AM
namaskar,

you all must know about about Dr. Frawley. If not, google, Dr. David Frawley

I admire the westerners that take on the hindu way of life. This indicates that their karma is ripening. It is not easy to break out of one's culture and religion. But those who get his grace...find a way.

Star
30 July 2009, 12:35 PM
Namaste,

Thanks for sharing this, SS, I did find it very helpful and I'm so glad not all people (some, but not all!) think that you have to be born a Hindu in order to be a Hindu. It reminded me too much of the "chosen people" concept that's so dear to some Jewish people (as well as some other ethnicities).

Spiritualseeker
30 July 2009, 12:58 PM
Your exactly right. It also reminds me of jews claiming to be the only chosen people of God. This only increases their mind identity. So they continue to generate negative karma and identity with their concept of being chosen.

Ekanta
30 July 2009, 01:11 PM
I am admired by the westerners that take on the hindu way of life. This indicates that there karma is ripening. It is not easy to break out of one's culture and religion. But those who get his grace...find a way.
Who said this?

Eastern Mind
30 July 2009, 01:41 PM
namaskar,

you all must know about about Dr. Frawley. If not, google, Dr. David Frawley

I am admired by the westerners that take on the hindu way of life. This indicates that there karma is ripening. It is not easy to break out of one's culture and religion. But those who get his grace...find a way.

Surely you meant 'admire' not 'am admired by'

sunyata07
30 July 2009, 02:00 PM
Your exactly right. It also reminds me of jews claiming to be the only chosen people of God. This only increases their mind identity. So they continue to generate negative karma and identity with their concept of being chosen.

I've always felt uncomfortable about the idea of the Jewish people being "chosen". It was as if they were somehow separated from the rest of us, even elevated to a position of special patronage from God that none of us could experience equally unless we were to be born into the religion or convert... :/

Thanks for the reference on the radio programme, by the way. I've listened to a bit of it and I find it fascinating. I'm always encouraged by stories like the ones of Dr. Morales, particularly when I hear they're of backgrounds like Catholicism and have no Hindu connections at all. It's amazing how the Dharma can reach out and touch people right across the planet like that.

satay
30 July 2009, 04:42 PM
Surely you meant 'admire' not 'am admired by'

:) yes, correction made.

Ekanta
30 July 2009, 05:12 PM
I admire the westerners that take on the hindu way of life. This indicates that there karma is ripening. It is not easy to break out of one's culture and religion. But those who get his grace...find a way.
Ok here we go then...

"I admire the (westerners) humans that take on the (hindu) dharmic way of life. This indicates that there (karma) character is ripening. It is not easy to break out of one's (culture) habits and (religion) erroneous views. But those who (get his grace) follow conscience...find (a way) the way."

I came here seeking friends in the non differentiated Dharma, the swa-dharma [swa is atma]. The dharma Krishna instructed Arjuna in. Where is it today? Is India sleeping?

satay
30 July 2009, 06:39 PM
namaskar,

Ok here we go then...

"I admire the (westerners) humans that take on the (hindu) dharmic way of life. This indicates that there (karma) character is ripening. It is not easy to break out of one's (culture) habits and (religion) erroneous views. But those who (get his grace) follow conscience...find (a way) the way."

I came here seeking friends in the non differentiated Dharma, the swa-dharma [swa is atma]. The dharma Krishna instructed Arjuna in. Where is it today? Is India sleeping?

:headscratch:
My post was in good spirit. Yet you twisted my words. For what reason?

Eastern Mind
30 July 2009, 06:55 PM
namaskar,

:headscratch:
My post was in good spirit. Yet you twisted my words. For what reason?

I second that.

Ekanta
30 July 2009, 07:53 PM
Because you twist religion? By saying you admire westerners who take on hindu way... you automatically put down other religions... and along with that the essence of sanatana Dharma itself. Should I then not comment on it?

Spiritualseeker
30 July 2009, 08:15 PM
Ekanta,

Dont swell your ego up too big now. Pop it with your true Essence. Stop harrasing satay. He made a nice statement, but it seems like your ego is prone to debates. I too was like that, and though I no longer really need to debate I do have other hang ups. Its our egos lets shed it in Lord Siva's Essence which is our essence.

There are still many "good" teachers. Not all of India is sleeping. If India is sleeping then maybe you need to wake up. If you wake up that benefits the universe. As Lord Ganesha contains the universe in his belly he is aware that the smallest thing can have an effect on the universe. So, let us awaken with God-Realization and touch the Essence of the Formless indestructable unborn truth and by doing so we will have such an effect on the universe.

Om Namah Sivaya
-Juan

Ekanta
30 July 2009, 08:21 PM
This is a sad state, why I even have to repond to such posts. And its even more sad how people are allowed to write **** about other religions. The forum is a good effort, but the standard is kind of low. And I simply cant stand it? Thats my answer. There are people who make effort to make good posts, I give that. Overall though... I think I'm better of leaving. There aint much interesting going on for me. Its not because this post only, its the bigger picture. Namaste anyway and bye bye.

Ekanta
30 July 2009, 08:26 PM
I dont swell ego, I was hoping for too much and got disappointed. Good luck with your Ganesha seeker. There is a time to say things and not. I wanted to debate interesting things, but it goes back to kindergarden all the time and that just aint for me.

Spiritualseeker
30 July 2009, 08:29 PM
Then dont invite satay to the playground if you consider it kindergarden. Your interpretation was way out of proportion of what satay was saying. You just dont understand. Just drop it. Dont try to make trouble that is all your doing. Please this forum is actually a "good" one lets keep it that way.

OM
-juan

satay
30 July 2009, 11:03 PM
namaskar,

By saying you admire westerners who take on hindu way... you automatically put down other religions... and along with that the essence of sanatana Dharma itself. Should I then not comment on it?

Interesting take. However, I am still scratching my head because I really do admire westerners or any non-indian for that matter that adopts the hindu way of life. I find Dr. Frawley and Morales very inspiring. Yajvan, Eastern mind and other westerners on this forum have actually become 'virtual' friends. What I admire is the 'act' of adoption of a foreign religion and culture. I know this is particulary hard to do (for me anyway).

With respect to the feedback on the forum itself, there is a 'feedback' forum on HDF where you can post your opinions about the forum.

Regarding leaving the forum because posts and threads here are not in alignment with your interests, I wish you good luck and hope that you find a forum or a list on the Internet that better suits your needs. There are hundreds if not thousands of forums and lists dedicated to hindu dharma on the Net.

Thanks and be well.

atanu
30 July 2009, 11:19 PM
Ok here we go then...

Dear Ekanta, you have friends, including satay. Mis-understandings come and go. Is it really wrong to admire?

Om Namah Shivaya

devotee
31 July 2009, 02:48 AM
This is a sad state, why I even have to repond to such posts. And its even more sad how people are allowed to write **** about other religions. The forum is a good effort, but the standard is kind of low. And I simply cant stand it? Thats my answer. There are people who make effort to make good posts, I give that. Overall though... I think I'm better of leaving. There aint much interesting going on for me. Its not because this post only, its the bigger picture. Namaste anyway and bye bye.

Dear Ekanta,

I think we know each other from other forum. Remember "selfseeker" ?

I enjoyed your posts & shall miss them once you leave. However, it is no point when you are not getting what you seek. That is ok.

However, your judgement on this forum is really disappointing. IMHO, you have, perhaps, not read enough posts here.

Anyway, good luck for a forum you are seeking ....

and yes, feel free to be back whenever you decide to ...

OM