PDA

View Full Version : steven Seagal and our God nature

Spiritualseeker
30 July 2009, 12:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-a_-g-6kvk&feature=related

Sherab
30 July 2009, 01:06 PM
Seagal was recognized by a buddhist lama (Penor Rinpoche who passed away a bit ago) to be a reincarnated lama.

Eastern Mind
30 July 2009, 02:09 PM
When I read the comments these things stir up, and recognise them as unmoderated, it gives me a great deal of respect, and liking of moderated forums, and appreciation for Satay. I avoid unmoderated forums. They rapidly degenerate into immature name calling, mostly by proponents of western religions.

Aum Namsivaya

sunyata07
30 July 2009, 02:10 PM
Interesting. I had no idea Seagal was Buddhist. But then again, I'm worried how most westerners are going to construe claims of being "God". "Buddha Nature" would have been a better description of it, and even then this concept eludes the minds of most people. Of course Segal isn't claiming to BE God. That's absurd. The interviewer in that video clip couldn't have painted him in a worse light. It's quite sad actually, how the ignorance the interviewer's behalf is going to send out the wrong message to everyone.

Spiritualseeker
31 July 2009, 06:43 AM
namaste,

can someone please list some of steven segal's movies? I am getting a desire to watch a few. I always wanted to learn Aikido though the cost are too expensive for me at this point. So i might aswell watch steven use his techniques on the screen.

-juan

sunyata07
31 July 2009, 11:27 AM
Maybe you could have a look at his filmography page on imdb.com: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000219/. I didn't know he starred in so many films until I had a look at his film list!

Sherab
31 July 2009, 12:10 PM
namaste,

can someone please list some of steven segal's movies? I am getting a desire to watch a few. I always wanted to learn Aikido though the cost are too expensive for me at this point. So i might aswell watch steven use his techniques on the screen.

-juan

I have used Aikido to help me out on many points, of course, to start, you will begin with breakfalls - learning how to fall safely.

Eastern Mind
31 July 2009, 01:09 PM
lol Steven Segal movies are the dumbest ever. If you want overdone melodrama, they can be quite funny.

Aum

Spiritualseeker
31 July 2009, 01:28 PM
LOl easternmind I agree to disagree. I find the movies pretty good. Yeah I think they make him look like too much of a bad ass and yes Aikido really isnt for use on how he uses it, but its hollywood hehe.