PDA

View Full Version : Namaste to everyone

mukunda20
02 August 2009, 07:34 AM
Namaste,
my name is mukunda, and I am from India. I have been a Sanathana Dharmi all my life. It feels good to see a dedicated forum for the Sanathana Dharma.
Best Regards,
mukunda

Eastern Mind
02 August 2009, 07:58 AM
Welcome. I think you'll find that one of the reasons this forum stays of higher quality is that it is moderated. I've looked at other posting boards, discussion groups, newsgroups etc., and often the name calling immaturity gets absurd. So enjoy.

Aum Namasivaya

Star
02 August 2009, 07:58 AM
Namaste Mukunda :)

I'm sure you'll find it to your liking here, at least everyone I've talked to so far has been uber nice.

You're lucky you've been on the way of Dharma all your life. :)

mukunda20
02 August 2009, 08:15 AM
Namaste,
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.
I have been reading some posts in this forum from past 2 weeks since I joined it. most of the articles seem to be of quite high maturity and sticks to the source instead of personal opinions and/or references to quotes by some self proclaimed people. This is very important since nowadays there is more fraud than genuine. but this forum stays on the track most of the times. however I was wondering about one thing, why is it that people tend to put the Sanathana Dharma as a "Religion"?(one instance is in this forum itself under the sub division Sanathana Dharma, its titled the Eternal Religion). the true meaning of Sanathana= Eternal and Dharma does not have an equivalent word in english and the closest one can get is Dharma = Law/Righteousness. no where can anyone find the word religion in Sanathana Dharma.
please correct me if wrong
Best Regards,
mukunda

sunyata07
02 August 2009, 10:55 AM
Namaste mukunda,

You're very welcome here. I agree that the forums here are very useful for serious discussion, with a respectful and friendly approach. It's the reason I decided to join.

As for Sanatana Dharma to be frequently and erroneously called a religion, I understand it's probably just a case of the inadequacy of expression that comes when translating into English. Sanatana Dharma is not so much a religion as it is a way of life and the conduct of living. People often forget that.

Again, welcome and I hope you enjoy your time here.

mukunda20
03 August 2009, 03:09 PM
Namaste Sunyata,
Indeed what you tell is true.
Best Regards,
mukunda