PDA

View Full Version : Christianity is simpler Part-2

chandu_69
04 August 2009, 09:44 AM
I agree In general with cbrahma in the part-1 thread with the title that Christianity is simpler.

Since the thread became little bit dragging i am starting another thread wherein cbrahma and other christians can concentrate purely on christian theology.

I would appreciate if the discussion is restricted to main stream christian theology and not some Hindu intellectual exposition on what Jesus meant to say/ wanted to say etc...It would also benefit the smooth flow of thought if there is no criticism or comparison to Hinduism , at least until all ideas are explored to reasonable extent.

To set the ball rolling i start with the Vatican exposition of christian theology that belief in Christ(Jesus) as savior is the only way to salvation and escape "eternal hell".

rcscwc
05 August 2009, 11:39 PM
Sure it is. When you take Gen 1.1 as TRUTH and decline to explain how it came out of nothing, nothing can be simpler. Primitive notions are simple, naive and childish innocent of reason.

chandu_69
19 August 2009, 05:52 AM
Doctrine of Salvation in christianity:

John 3:16: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

That is as simpler as it can get;Beleive in the son(jesus) and you are saved from the Wrath of God.

rcscwc
20 August 2009, 12:41 AM
duplicate

rcscwc
20 August 2009, 01:20 AM
Xianity, at best, is arambhavad ie the first guess. Gen 1.1 is the first guess about creation; by a primitive people who hads yet to evolve philosophy. Unfortunatel, judais never explored new ideas. Not only that, any idea contrary to the prevailing dogma, which btw became fossilised, was actively suppressed.

Xianity's philosophical bankruptcy is shown by the fact that first it tried Plato as underpiining, and when it brought into disrepute, they tried Aristotle. Still later, they plumped for Kalam argument, which anyway does stand the test of logic and reason.

Contrast that with Hinduism. From aranbha in RV, Song of creation, to Upanishads to schools of philosophy, there has been a continous evolution and developement.

Finally, geocntric system is simpler as it is backed empirical observation. But sun centric is complex byt is true.