PDA

View Full Version : Islam & Hinduism

Sherab
08 August 2009, 12:36 PM
Namaste all.

Throughout my 5 years of searching, I have studied all religions, and only not practicing 2 - Hinduism, and Islam. I have started with Hinduism, but I have not started practicing Islam. I have been reading the Quran.

However, I hold the hindu belief that all paths lead to god, and am starting to appreciate islam.

Can anybody here help with this?

Theres a lot to admire :)

atanu
08 August 2009, 09:12 PM
Namaste all.

Throughout my 5 years of searching, I have studied all religions, and only not practicing 2 - Hinduism, and Islam. I have started with Hinduism, but I have not started practicing Islam. I have been reading the Quran.

However, I hold the hindu belief that all paths lead to god, and am starting to appreciate islam.

Theres a lot to admire :)

Namaste,

Yes. Appreciate all as God is ONE and All. But follow steadfast the path given to you, without enmity to any other. One Indian saint teaches: Shraddha Saburi (Faith and Patience). I understand the meaning of Patience now.

Om Namah Shivaya

devotee
08 August 2009, 11:01 PM

Namaste Sherab,

It is true that all path lead to God. ... and this is not just a belief. Ramkrishna Paramhans attained God-realisation through Hinduism ( both duality, as worsipper of Goddess Kaali, and Non-duality, as a disciple of Totapuri of Shankara's order), Islam and Christianity.

However, Q'uran must be read very carefully, as this is one book which has been misinterpreted in the worst possible manner & produced the worst fundametalists in this world. You will find that that on one hand Allah says that he is merciful & on the other hand, He says that he has blinded the unbelievers & also kept fire of hell for them reserved for eternity. Similarly, there are many verses which are not really spiritual but for social order of a particular time. If you cling to those verses, you may be living in the 7th Century when this book was written. You must also correctly understand what is "idolatory", what is understood by the word, " unbelievers", what is the "fire of hell", what is the correct meaning of "eternal life" and "hell for eternity".

Another thing about Islam is that it doesn't allow you to question anything written in the book & anyone questioning the authority of the book is most likely to be put to death by the hard-core Muslims. The Mullah are so powerful that the best part of Islam / the Naksbandi / Sufis etc. have been pushed to the margin (almost disowned by the clerics) & the real Islam is almost completely lost in dogma of the clerics. There has been much destruction & bloodbath in the name of Islam ... subjugation of women to the status even lower than animals etc. etc.

In my opinion, the best of Islam is in the Naksbandi/Sufi sect of Islam.

OM