PDA

View Full Version : I am Happy!

Spiritualseeker
10 August 2009, 08:03 AM
Namaste,

I just wanted to say I am happy with my path. I believe Lord Ganesha and Lord Siva are bestowing many blessings upon me and my wife. My wife is even noticing it and feeling that Lord Siva is blessing her. She started off not wanting to learn anything about hinduism! Now she wants to make puja to Ganesha and Lord Siva and to do Kriya Yoga. Lord Ganesha prepared the way for me. He planted the seed in me when I was a young teenager. He allowed me to overcome the obstacle of Islam. Now I am drinking from the Fountain of Eternity of the Eternal Dharma.

OM Gam Ganapataye namaha
OM Namah Sivaya

sunyata07
10 August 2009, 10:55 AM
Namaste SS,

I'm glad to hear you are feeling so much contentment in Sanatana Dharma and that now even your wife is trying to learn more about it! What was her religious background before you introduced her to Lords Shiva and Ganesha? It seems to take only a little bit of exposure to Hinduism for foreigners and Westerners to develop a curious interest for what different rituals and gods are, later growing into a thirst for knowing more about it - like the smallest of sparks creating a strong flame, and then later a huge fire.

I spoke to my family (my parents in particular) last night about my new found faith, and I'm so happy to say they completely respect my wishes. I was worried mainly about my father not accepting the news, but to my immense relief he seems to understand what I meant when I told him "all paths lead to God" and that I felt this as well as Buddhism were the ones most fitting for me. I give my thanks to Lord Ganesha for removing the obstacles so that I can keep my family, an important part of my life, close to me.

I think it is interesting to hear it was Lord Ganesha who introduced you into Sanatana Dharma. It is the same with me, and I'm sure with many other Western Hindus. It started for me when I was mildly curious about ancient Indian customs and decided to buy a small Ganesha murti I'd seen in a flea market while on holiday. From there, my mild curiosity soon blossomed into hunger for knowledge of God and the Supreme Reality and greater awareness of this Oneness that is in all things (something I never truly considered and now can't stop thinking about when I deal with other people and creatures). It's fitting really, as Lord Ganesha is the guardian of the Dharma, the Gatekeeper if you will, to the world's oldest faith.

connyxoberst
10 August 2009, 12:55 PM
reading your stories made me smile. i too have a happiness inside me i never felt until becoming enlightened. its truly a beautiful path.

Sherab
10 August 2009, 03:24 PM
reading your stories made me smile. i too have a happiness inside me i never felt until becoming enlightened. its truly a beautiful path.

What kind of enlightenment do you mean?

connyxoberst
10 August 2009, 05:53 PM

for me personally or in general? in general i meant living the life of an eastern mindset. having the religion of hinduism in any form. me personally it was realizing that my thoughts could be confirmed as truth and finding a utopia of more truths in hinduism. being able to confirm more than question. to be able to pick up on subtle clues in my day to day life as learning experiences to better myself, or as the result of an earlier action's karma, or a sign of love and comfort. to be able to make the huge switch from feeling a black empty hole inside my soul causing much pain and sadness and depression and have it completely patched up by a combination of my husbands love, my sons love, and now realizing there IS a higher power who takes many many forms who loves me even more than that.
one can become enlightened in big and small ways.

for spiritualseeker i was referencing his wife's enlightenment by being able to notice the Lord's blessings and recognizing them for what they were and choosing to learn more to further enlightenment.

i was happy that sunyata's family was not only receptive but supportive and i liked the paragraph they wrote about Ganesha. it is very fitting and there are no coincidences.

Sherab
10 August 2009, 07:34 PM
Okay, just making sure you didnt think you were already had attained moksha :)

namaste
PS. simply because we read"god is all" and we know it on some deep level (not real realization) we think we are liberated. In buddhism, we had seen those types, and we asked them to show siddhis - the only real measureable way of proving it

Spiritualseeker
10 August 2009, 07:39 PM
Namaste SS,

I'm glad to hear you are feeling so much contentment in Sanatana Dharma and that now even your wife is trying to learn more about it! What was her religious background before you introduced her to Lords Shiva and Ganesha? It seems to take only a little bit of exposure to Hinduism for foreigners and Westerners to develop a curious interest for what different rituals and gods are, later growing into a thirst for knowing more about it - like the smallest of sparks creating a strong flame, and then later a huge fire.

I spoke to my family (my parents in particular) last night about my new found faith, and I'm so happy to say they completely respect my wishes. I was worried mainly about my father not accepting the news, but to my immense relief he seems to understand what I meant when I told him "all paths lead to God" and that I felt this as well as Buddhism were the ones most fitting for me. I give my thanks to Lord Ganesha for removing the obstacles so that I can keep my family, an important part of my life, close to me.

I think it is interesting to hear it was Lord Ganesha who introduced you into Sanatana Dharma. It is the same with me, and I'm sure with many other Western Hindus. It started for me when I was mildly curious about ancient Indian customs and decided to buy a small Ganesha murti I'd seen in a flea market while on holiday. From there, my mild curiosity soon blossomed into hunger for knowledge of God and the Supreme Reality and greater awareness of this Oneness that is in all things (something I never truly considered and now can't stop thinking about when I deal with other people and creatures). It's fitting really, as Lord Ganesha is the guardian of the Dharma, the Gatekeeper if you will, to the world's oldest faith.

Namaste,

My wife was originally 7th day adventist then ventured into experimenting Islam as I was practicing it at the time. But she found it to be dry and too dogmatic.

I am so glad your parents were okay with it! Perhaps Lord Ganesha really is placing compassion in their hearts. This is the lifetime for you to become close with Lord Ganesha and learn the Dharma from the Lord of Dharma. He will always be there for you :)

We need to stay consistant with 108 repetitions of Om Gam Ganapatye Namaha

with love
-juan

Spiritualseeker
10 August 2009, 07:40 PM

I know exactly what you mean. Yesterday I was watching the movie called "What the Bleep Do we Know" and I was so contented. Because that movie (all about workings of the universe and what goes on inside our bodies) confirmed the age old Hindu truths.

Sherab
10 August 2009, 07:57 PM
Namaste,

My wife was originally 7th day adventist then ventured into experimenting Islam as I was practicing it at the time. But she found it to be dry and too dogmatic.

I am so glad your parents were okay with it! Perhaps Lord Ganesha really is placing compassion in their hearts. This is the lifetime for you to become close with Lord Ganesha and learn the Dharma from the Lord of Dharma. He will always be there for you :)

We need to stay consistant with 108 repetitions of Om Gam Ganapatye Namaha

with love
-juan
We can do much more then that, i even count mantras on my fingers.. 3 joints per finger, plus the tips make 4.. 4 times 5 = 20, and then tapping rach finger tip for each et of 20 done = 100.. Once 100 is done, just do the 8 needed then start over.

namaste

connyxoberst
10 August 2009, 09:18 PM

Okay, just making sure you didnt think you were already had attained moksha :)

namaste
PS. simply because we read"god is all" and we know it on some deep level (not real realization) we think we are liberated. In buddhism, we had seen those types, and we asked them to show siddhis - the only real measureable way of proving it

jeez no no no i am but a child. i meant it in a more broad meaning not the true enlightenment that most will never know

Eastern Mind
10 August 2009, 09:32 PM
jeez no no no i am but a child. i meant it in a more broad meaning not the true enlightenment that most will never know

lol... Yeah, like the psychologists thinking self-realisation means living up to your ego's potential ... something like that.

It is our destiny to know it ... in some lifetime. That's another beauty of Hinduism. And boy this thing called reincarnation makes Hindus patient. Getting rid of that urgency thing, and the judgement day thing. Wow.

Aum Namasivaya

saidevo
10 August 2009, 10:59 PM
Namaste.

It is highly exhilarating to read about and watch Western Hindus progressing in knowledge and life, exchanging ideas and accomplishments. We traditional Hindus have a lot to learn from the WH, specially their unassuming willingness and sincerity to learn and practice.

HDF has come a long way from being just a forum of Hindus discussing just high Hindu philosophy.

atanu
11 August 2009, 12:52 AM
lol... Yeah, like the psychologists thinking self-realisation means living up to your ego's potential ... something like that.
Aum Namasivaya

Namaste EM,

r u not naughty?

hehe. They call it Self Actualisation. In a training course a young management guru (a lady) was teaching Self Actualisation. I asked her wherefrom the motivation for that? hehe. It was little naughty of me.

But other participants subdued me to the floor with their contempt filled looks and i swear that this led me losing a chance to jump over a few guys in hierarchy. India is in the grip of Management Gurus. The worst problem in my life at present is that. I am always of the mind to retort back to my lords "Hey, you are teaching borrowed BS."

But as Ganeshprasad ji teaches : "One must not ignore the practical". hehe. I come back home everyday with my flame subdued. And then again and again I see that dangerous smile.

Shiva Shiva

atanu
11 August 2009, 01:02 AM
Namaste.

It is highly exhilarating to read about and watch Western Hindus progressing in knowledge and life, exchanging ideas and accomplishments. We traditional Hindus have a lot to learn from the WH, specially their unassuming willingness and sincerity to learn and practice.

HDF has come a long way from being just a forum of Hindus discussing just high Hindu philosophy.

Namaste saidevo ji,

Ya. I frankly admit here that, i personally, would be very glad when a few true Islam adherants also join us without reservation and participate without any axe to grind -- from both sides, leaving the history and memory to guna play.

I also frankly say here that during my long stay in Gujarat, i have seen how true to their words, even when incurring huge losses, muslims are. I experienced such thrice, though experience of others may not match. May God help lift away the veils. My emotions sweetened after I realised clearly that Ghanashyam is none other but Mahesvara. I feel glad when I remember that Lord allowed late ustad Bismillah Khan to sing Him the wake up melody at Viswanatha temple of Varanasi. Is it not a wonder: a muslim waking up Vishwanatha? Who allowed it? Did any mortal allow it? I remember how late ustad Ali Akbar Khan prayed to Mother Saraswati before touching his Sarod. I remember Kazi Nazrul Islam, who was God intoxicated. Even today, there is a classical musician (i unfortunately do not remember the name) in Pakistan who has an album on Shiva.

And I genuinely hope that some of us also realise, throwing away the anger etc., that Allah and Ishwara cannot be two. We may be against some miscreants but we cannot denigrate Ishwara, Allah, El-Elion -- the most high. Even the El-Elion name contains Shiva, the Leo.

Om Namah Shivaya

saidevo
11 August 2009, 03:12 AM
Namaste Atanu.

I notice that your list of people from other religions who have dissolved themselves in the Hindu tradition, religion and culture of Bharat does not include any Christian notables.

Although Indian Christians are as much Hindus in their ancestry as the Indian Muslims, no conspicuous activity of displaying it is done by Indian Christians. Sometime back, however, I watched in a Tamil TV channel a Christian nun singing ThevAram songs.

Unfortunately, Indian Christians are far less in count than Indian Muslims in the nation's population, yet the former wield the axe of power, money and religion with such subtle and not so subtle force that their axe grinds boisterously into the Hindu values in an incessant bid to destroy them.

atanu
11 August 2009, 07:58 AM
Namaste Atanu.

I notice that your list of people from other religions who have dissolved themselves in the Hindu tradition, religion and culture of Bharat does not include any Christian notables.

Namaste saidevo ji,

There are few such christians. Notably I know Jesudas. Then there are many christians (westerners) who are bhaktas of Gurus (who some call Neo Hindus). But in general, christians are upper class, as if. And as you said the power of money is a big thing.

Om Namah Shivaya

Spiritualseeker
11 August 2009, 08:08 AM
Namaste,

Now that I got Siva and Ganesha does anyone know where online I can get a Muruga murti?

Spiritualseeker
11 August 2009, 08:08 AM
oops wrong thread oh well.

sunyata07
11 August 2009, 10:21 AM

Namaste,

I understand what you mean, Nichole. While it's far from the realisation of the Self that many strive for over lifetimes and lifetimes, I think of it more as an awakening from the narrow reality we have been living under the impression of through the ego and driven by previous doubts, fears and suffering. Like EM says, we will all one day share in this realisation. We're on our way in this lifetime. :)

Sherab, that's actually a very clever way of doing japa! I remember reading about it before, but never gave it much thought until you mentioned it again. It's a handy way to meditate next time I'm taking the train or bus. Thanks for sharing!

connyxoberst
11 August 2009, 12:02 PM
Unfortunately, Indian Christians are far less in count than Indian Muslims in the nation's population, yet the former wield the axe of power, money and religion with such subtle and not so subtle force that their axe grinds boisterously into the Hindu values in an incessant bid to destroy them.

in all the studying i've done on christianity and on politics, i couldnt help but notice not only how similar the two are but also how they intertwine and depend on eachother. as far back in history as the religion goes. hiding jesus' family for example so that it didnt become a monarchy with the followers worshiping the children. of course the holy wars with god as a guise for slaughter. the priests not being able to marry anymore because the catholic church wanted the money and land to stay within the church. and of course modern day.. you cant be elected president of america unless you're christian. everyone was up in arms over a rumor that obama was muslim. bush turning the iraq war into a holy war "this is gods war now"
christianity has always tried to control. Blind faith is expected. Their religion is so tainted by evil.

i was thinking last night about which statues and pictures i would like to include in my shrine [i'm currently filling up shopping carts online:)] and i saw a golden calf in one of the shops. it brought me back to the story of the 10 commandments that was told to me over and over as a child. the part where moses comes down from the mountain to deliver these commandments to his people.
the second commandment, thou shalt not worship false idols. they mentioned SPECIFICALLY a golden calf being worshiped by some of moses' followers.

no where else in the bible do they so blatantly mention any other region but christianity and i thought it was funny how the one they did mention references to hinduism.
the most threatening?

Eventually God called Moses to the mountain for 40 days and 40 nights. During this time he gave him instructions for the tabernacle and the offerings. When God finished speaking to Moses on Mount Sinai, he gave him two tablets of stone (http://christianity.about.com/od/symbolspictures/ig/Christian-Symbols-Glossary/Ten-Commandments.htm) inscribed by the very finger of God. They contained the Ten Commandments.
Meanwhile, the people of Israel had become impatient while waiting for Moses to return with a message from God. Moses had been gone for so long that the people gave up on him and begged Aaron (Moses' brother) to build them an altar so they could worship. So Aaron collected offerings of gold from all the people and built an idol cast in the shape of a calf. Then they held a festival and bowed down to worship their idol.