PDA

View Full Version : Murugan practice

Sherab
12 August 2009, 02:16 PM
namaste all,

In loving ganesha, the author mentions that ganesha is the muladhara, and murugan is above that, the next step i assume is to meditate on murugan are there any good books for that?

Of course i will do a ganesha upasana on all of the mantras there for 48 days and continue, and so on... But eventually i want to do murugan practice too.

namaste

Eastern Mind
12 August 2009, 03:55 PM
Vanakkam Sherab:

As I understand it, Ganesha won't let you get to Murugan unless you are firmly established in His practise. (On the inside, sitting on the muladhara, or firm in consciousness at that level)

Murugan, in Saiva Siddhantha theology, is the God of Yoga itself, sent here as the ruler of the devas. There is a lot of information at murugan.org . The energy around properly run Murugan temples is absolutely scintillating. So He is quite different than Ganesha on that level. Harder to contact/feel, but when you do, look out! lol

Aum Namasivaya

Sherab
12 August 2009, 04:10 PM
Vanakkam Sherab:

As I understand it, Ganesha won't let you get to Murugan unless you are firmly established in His practise. (On the inside, sitting on the muladhara, or firm in consciousness at that level)

Murugan, in Saiva Siddhantha theology, is the God of Yoga itself, sent here as the ruler of the devas. There is a lot of information at murugan.org . The energy around properly run Murugan temples is absolutely scintillating. So He is quite different than Ganesha on that level. Harder to contact/feel, but when you do, look out! lol

Aum Namasivaya

thank you EM! Can you describe the stages of practice we should go through?

Eastern Mind
12 August 2009, 04:36 PM
Sherab: You mean for Murugan, or for the whole thing? Either way, I have no idea. Such things are individual, and depend on karmas, one's nature, etc. But we all start at Ganesha.

Aum Namasivaya

Sherab
12 August 2009, 05:10 PM
Sherab: You mean for Murugan, or for the whole thing? Either way, I have no idea. Such things are individual, and depend on karmas, one's nature, etc. But we all start at Ganesha.

Aum Namasivaya

whole thing, but i understand :D

namaste