PDA

View Full Version : Lost knowledge

Eastern Mind
16 August 2009, 07:03 PM
We've lost a lot over the years. Mystically and scientifically. Archeology brings some of these things to light. We have yet to decode the Indus valley scripts. I am wondering what else we have lost. Perhaps others have ideas.

This is not something just for Hindus. Whenever an invading aggressive group encounters a mellower group, the aggressive forces win out. Here in native American or Canadian first nations culture, there is knowledge of herbs especially, but other things as well that have just been lost over time. Languages are another area.

Another concern is agriculture. Urban kids have very little knowledge of what a seed is. We only have one kind of banana in the west. There are over 100 varieties of potato grown in the Andes.

Here is a link to an article on how we supposedly used to know how to fly, written in ancient Sanskrit texts.

http://www.forgottenagesresearch.com/lost-knowledge-series/Return-of-the-VimanasDetailed-Descriptions-of-Airc.htm

Aum Namasivaya

Believer
11 August 2010, 05:19 PM
Interesting link to the Aircraft from Ancient India. Thanks.

The ancient cultures of the entire continent of South America were usurped by the "civilized" Spaniards. The traditional heritage of the Aztecs, the Mayans, the Incas and of several other smaller groups have been decimated. What is left of it, is being destroyed by the encroachment of industry into the forests and food supply areas of natives. God will punish us for this some day.

Eastern Mind
11 August 2010, 06:17 PM
Vannakkam Believer:

My God doesn't punish, yet many of the changing in this fast changing world is sad. When entire species, languages, herbal knowledge, mystic knowledge, etc. is lost, there is often no way to get it back. So in that sense human diversity is decreasing.

Actually I believe lost mystic knowledge is the only one that will return, as some mystic can go and rediscover these truths on the inside to bring it out again. Not so with herbs or extinct species or languages.

But hey thanks for responding to a thread I started almost a year ago. Certainly shows you're reading all the old threads.

Aum Namasivaya

Believer
11 August 2010, 07:50 PM
My God doesn't punish

Mine does :).
With the disappearance of so much of rain forest, the global warming has been raising its ugly head. So there you have it.

Ao
11 August 2010, 08:28 PM
On the topic of lost knowledge and history, I'm currently Graham Hancock's "Fingerprints of the Gods". He makes a compelling case for an ancient civilization that predates Sumer, Egypt and the Indus Valley. Very interesting if by no means objectively written. I'd recommend it if you haven't read it yet.

Believer
11 August 2010, 08:48 PM
Fingerprints of the Gods, interesting title for a book. Did they leave any Carbon Footprints too? ;)

Ao
11 August 2010, 08:56 PM
Fingerprints of the Gods, interesting title for a book. Did they leave any Carbon Footprints too? ;)

Hehe! You'd have to check the sediment layers of the last Ice Age! :)

Seriously though, very interesting read.

saidevo
11 August 2010, 11:41 PM
I might take my time to read this book because it seems to have little or no Hindu references, but then this book has already made itself into the scribd website, ready for downloading (you need to be a member though):

http://www.scribd.com/doc/32568498/Graham-0hancock-Fingerprints-of-the-gods

kallol
12 August 2010, 05:58 AM
The history of human is more than 2.5 million years and migration to India more than 100000 yrs.

DNA trace shows - first migration to South of India and around 50000 (prior to) to north India. The trends shows movement from south to north also.

The recent discovery of site similar to Harappa features in Gulf of Cambay say they are 10000 years old.

History is too long and we have only a very few beads discovered. I beleive the penisular coastal area of India holds a major chunk of history which is submerged.

Milne's graph of inundation gives the movement of the sea lines at various eras. Much of the coastline of India have been inundated over the period.

Moving into subsea archeology may uncover many hidden history.

love and best wishes