PDA

View Full Version : Aliens in scripture?

Spiritualseeker
19 August 2009, 03:33 PM
Namaste,

So I was watching from History Channel a show called Ancient Aliens. It goes through ancient cultures and shows perceived evidence that aliens have visited the earth long ago. Some of the carvings included images of a spacecraft and a being inside the space craft appearing to be operating it. Also there were text that described strange machinery in that time. ANyways they mentioned Hindu scriptures and spoke of an episode in the mahabharata in which beings were fighting in the air in vehicles and also some strange circular or disk shape things that would move zig zag and also sometimes disappear and sometimes would shoot something out which would burn cities.

Could this be interpreted as being aliens? or was it just pissed of Gods fighting demons?

bhaktajan
19 August 2009, 04:10 PM
Shalva's VIMANA is featured in the cover of the attached publication.

Yes, you are right --the Vedas mention Devas & mighty Asuras battling for the thrown using 'lost technology' ---not unknown 'aliens from another dimension'.

It's more akin to James Bond 007 villians rather than ET/Star-Trek cartoon characters.

Spiritualseeker
19 August 2009, 07:39 PM
Interesting. There is so much mysterious in the cosmos

bhaktajan
21 August 2009, 11:10 AM
One more comment about 'lost technology' ---in ancient times there were many 'technologies' ---but many of such sciences were routinely only seen by the Ruling elite or just the highest braches of acedamia.

For example, in 1412 [exact ?] the chinese emperor sent out an fleet of ships to explore the world---they may have reached the West Indies ---upon return to China, in the end the emperor burned the ships and declared that there was nothing to be gained from pillaging the outside world.

Deva Dasa
03 September 2010, 01:18 AM
Perhaps you will find the following verses from the Mahabharata to be what you are looking for.

"Between the celestials [angels] and the Asuras [fallen angels], there happened, of yore, frequent encounters for the sovereignty of the three worlds with everything in them." -- Mahabharata, Book I: Adi Parva, Section LXXVI, 8th century B.C.

"When they saw they had no rivals (in the three worlds), they gave up all exertion and devoted their time to pleasure and merriment, like the celestials. They experienced great happiness by giving themselves up to every kind of enjoyment, such as women, and perfumes and floral wreaths and viands, and drinks and many other agreeable objects all in profusion. In houses and woods and gardens, on hills and in forests, wherever they liked they passed their time in pleasure and amusement, like the immortals." -- Mahabharata, Book I: Adi Parva, Section CCXIV, 8th century B.C.

"But as that car of costly metals was in the sky [U.F.O.], full two miles off, it could not, O Bharata, be seen by my troops [cloaking device]. They could therefore only remaining on the field of battle look on like spectators in a place of amusement, cheering me on by shouts loud as the roar of the lion, and also by the sound of their clapping. And the tinted arrows [missiles] shot by the fore-part of hand penetrated into the bodies of the Danavas like biting insects. And then arose cries in the car of precious metals [U.F.O.] from those that were dying of wounds by those sharp arrows and falling into the waters of the mighty ocean. And the Danavas deprived of their arms, necks, and wearing the form of Kavandhas,--fell, sending up tremendous roars. And as they fell they were devoured by animals living in the waters of the ocean." -- Vasudeva, Mahabharata, Book III: Vana Parva, Section XX, 8th century B.C.

"And, O perpetuator of the Kuru race, I could not then see the car of costly metals [U.F.O.], for it had vanished, through illusion [cloaking device]! I was then filled with wonder! That host of Danavas then, O Bharata, of frightful visages and hair, set up a loud howl while I was waiting for it. In that fierce battle. I then, with the object of destroying them, fixed on my bow-string the weapon capable of piercing the foes if but his sound was inaudible. Upon this, their shouts ceased. But those Danavas that had sent up that shout were all slain by those shafts of mine blazing as the Sun himself, and capable of striking at the perception of sound alone. And after the shout had ceased at one place, O mighty king, another yell proceeded from another quarter. Thitherto also I sent my shafts. In this way, O Bharata, the Asuras began to send up yells in all the ten quarters above and across. These were all slain by me, viz., those that were in the skies and that were invisible, with arrows of diverse forms, and celestial weapons inspired with mantras. Then, O hero, that car of precious metals capable of going anywhere at will, bewildering my eyes, reappeared at Pragjyotisha!" -- Vasudeva, Mahabharata, Book III: Vana Parva, Section XXII, 8th century B.C.

"... the Danavas assembled together and began to proudly conspire for the destruction of the three worlds. ... And all the Danavas, having arrived at this resolution for the destruction of the universe, became highly glad." -- Mahabharata, Book III: Vana Parva, Section CI, 8th century B.C.

"The celestials having heard of the prowess of Skanda, all said to Vasava, 'O Sakra, do thou kill Skanda without delay for his prowess is unbearable. And if thou dost not exterminate him, he will conquer the three worlds with ourselves, and overpowering thee, will himself become the mighty lord of the celestials.'" -- Markandeya, rishi, Mahabharata, Book III: Vana Parva, Section CCXXV, 8th century B.C.

"And thus between those mighty warriors there came about an encounter of celestial weapons of great force, at which the three worlds with their mobile and immobile creatures were sorely distressed." -- Markandeya, rishi, Mahabharata, Book III: Vana Parva, Section CCLXXXIII, 8th century B.C.

"If thou fliest beyond the limits of the three worlds...." -- Mahabharata, Book V: Udyoga Parva, Section CLXIII, 8th century B.C.

Deva Dasa
03 September 2010, 01:20 AM
"And the lord Sakra [Indra], the slayer of Vritra, then went to the three worlds surrounded by the gods together with the Gandharvas and the celestial nymphs." -- Mahabharata, Book V: Udyoga Parva, Section XVIII, 8th century B.C.

Visvamitra
03 September 2010, 12:30 PM
I think there was a part in the Adi Parva with a city flying in the sky. I'm not sure what the event was.

Kumar_Das
03 September 2010, 01:30 PM
I think there was a part in the Adi Parva with a city flying in the sky. I'm not sure what the event was.

In both Ramayana and Mahabharata, there are descriptions of weapons, vehicles and space cities that read like as though they are modern day science fiction.

The Puranas and probably every other Hindu scriptures have something very other-worldy to them.

So its the very Hindu religion itself, that is like that.

The key is that, they are symbological. You cant take a specific part out and say that looks fishy. Because the deities themselves are all like that. Vishnu for example, has a spoked discus and a conch. They convey meanings. For those looking at the symbols alone, will have to contend with the questions, these deities have specific skin colours, weapons, accessories etc so are they other-worldly and not spiritual/divine?

Theres nothing in particular that has anything alien within Hinduism. Because even before Mahabharata, you could have asked, Vishnu has blue skin, so is he an alien that is being worshipped? Some alien-human mutant hybrid perhaps? Three worlds? Three worlds have been mentioned in Vamana Avatara. So maybe Vishnu is an intergalatic confederation monarch? etc...

Kumar_Das
03 September 2010, 01:56 PM
Namaste,

So I was watching from History Channel a show called Ancient Aliens. It goes through ancient cultures and shows perceived evidence that aliens have visited the earth long ago. Some of the carvings included images of a spacecraft and a being inside the space craft appearing to be operating it. Also there were text that described strange machinery in that time. ANyways they mentioned Hindu scriptures and spoke of an episode in the mahabharata in which beings were fighting in the air in vehicles and also some strange circular or disk shape things that would move zig zag and also sometimes disappear and sometimes would shoot something out which would burn cities.

Could this be interpreted as being aliens? or was it just pissed of Gods fighting demons?

the earliest of the Hindu scriptures, the Rig Veda, itself was ALL about devas VS asuras. I believe it was an Indo-European thing altogether.

In Iranian mythology conversely ahuras were the good guys and the daevas were the bad guys.(unlike in the Rig Veda)

even in the Zoroastrian religion, which is considered by some to be the original monotheistic religion which Jews might have been influenced by, there are ahuras and daevas. The monotheistic(or partially henotheistic) God, is Ahura Mazda.

PARAM
04 September 2010, 09:28 AM

In Mahabharat there is a single war also mentioned, it was between an Alian and 'King Chitrangada' who was the eldest son of Queen Sarswati, he was defeated and killed by that alien warrior.

After it Bhisham crowned his younger brother Vichitravirya as King

yajvan
04 September 2010, 10:50 AM

hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

In Mahabharat there is a single war also mentioned, it was between an Alian and 'King Chitrangada' who was the eldest son of Queen Sarswati, he was defeated and killed by that alien warrior.

After it Bhisham crowned his younger brother Vichitravirya as King
Please supply the chapter (parvan) and verses for this... thank you,

praṇām

PARAM
05 September 2010, 06:49 AM

hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

Please supply the chapter (parvan) and verses for this... thank you,

praṇām

It is aadi parvan.
Since Bhisham (son of ganga) took a vow of not ascending the throne, Chitrangada become King after Shantnu and after he was killed Vichitravirya then ascended the throne.