PDA

View Full Version : I am Hare Krishna here..

harekrishna
20 August 2009, 02:19 AM
I am Hare Krishna here (my real name!). I grew up in India. I had the good fortune to stay in Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh, and finally Tamilnadu. I went to USA, and was there for 16 years. Now, I am back in India in the great state of Karnataka.
I was always interested in religion - because I saw it up, close, and personal. Family is into a lot of rituals, ramcharitamanas reading, and such things common in many families of northern India. However, I must say it really turned me off to religion. I felt that people have taken the noble message of Vedas including Upanishads, and turned it on its head to self serve their purpose. This has inspired me to learn and understand more about the original "Apta" ideas. I was long looking for a website which can help me with this, and this site is one of this kind.
In this process, as a starting point, i am translating the Patanjali Yog Sutras in Hindi. Interested people can look at http://patanjaliyog.blogspot.com/
Hope to learn, discuss spiritual concepts of Hindu religion...
Hare Krishna

Eastern Mind
20 August 2009, 06:09 AM
Namaste, Vanakkam:

Wecome to HDF.

You will find a great variety of views on the Sanatana Dharma here. This religion is vast. You are lucky to have lived in so many places for such times, as that would lead to an understanding of this vastness.

Aum Namasivaya