PDA

View Full Version : Marigolds

Eastern Mind
21 August 2009, 03:09 PM
Namaste. This is an odd question, but God Ganesha is wonderful.

A few years back I made a ton of marigold garlands for the deities here. My fingers developed a "deadening of the skin" condition. The skin dried out, and then rebuilt itself, 7 or 8 times, (until January!) over 3 or 4 months. I treid wearing gloves, ointments etc. it seemed nothing at all worked. I endured the pain. I quit making garlands until this year. Even after 3 garlands only, the condition is returning. Now the priest has actually requested me to make some. I am in a pickle.

I do have a latex allergy, and I believe this is what causes it, but am not sure.

I do wish to be able to continue with the garland making (only this time of year for about 2 months whilst they grow) but feel unable to because of this existing skin condition.

Any suggestions or recommendations of where to seek help for this would be a boon.

Aum Namasivaya

saidevo
21 August 2009, 08:05 PM
Namaste EM.

I have not even sketchy knowledge of Ayurveda, but could this link be of help?

Treating Dry Skin Condition Naturally Applying Ayurveda Principles
by Dr. Savitha Suri
http://www.boloji.com/ayurveda/av055.htm

There might be other links that I haven't tried to look up in this search:
http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=%22ayurveda%22+%22dry+skin%22&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

chandu_69
21 August 2009, 09:28 PM
Even after 3 garlands only, the condition is returning.

That is a disturbing sign.Though i am not a doctor i have a fair idea about anatomy and can recognize a warning when i see one.

For the time being Cease all activities that involves continuous abrasion to fingers.I feel Ayurveda or any treatment for that matter cannot offer any quick fix for your condition.

You can always find other ways to serve The Lord.

Eastern Mind
21 August 2009, 09:45 PM
Namaste:

Thank you Saidevo, and Chandu for the suggestions and empathy. For Vinayaka Chaturthi in 2 days, I will be wearing non latex gloves, and my wife has volunteered to make them following my instructions. Perhaps its just Mahaganapati restraining my exuberance.

Aum Namasivaya