PDA

View Full Version : What does this mean?

Spiritualseeker
23 August 2009, 08:26 PM
Namaste,

Atanu I saw you quote this in the thread about Buddha being hindu:

Verily, there is an Unborn, Unoriginated, Uncreated, Unformed. If there were not this Unborn, Unoriginated, Uncreated, Unformed, escape from the world of the born, the originated, the created, the formed, would not be possible.

Could you please give some explanation on it. I think I understand but I want to see if my understanding is correct.

Spiritualseeker
25 August 2009, 06:28 PM
Buuuump

Znanna
25 August 2009, 07:40 PM
Namaste,

Obviously, I'm not Mr Atanu :)

But, I feel obliged to say that the interpretation or parsing of that seems to me to be highly dependent on a personal point of view!

IOW, why don't you decide for yourselves how correct or not that might be?

ZN/any or all of the above is subject to change ...

atanu
28 August 2009, 12:33 PM
Namaste,

Atanu I saw you quote this in the thread about Buddha being hindu:

Verily, there is an Unborn, Unoriginated, Uncreated, Unformed. If there were not this Unborn, Unoriginated, Uncreated, Unformed, escape from the world of the born, the originated, the created, the formed, would not be possible.

Could you please give some explanation on it. I think I understand but I want to see if my understanding is correct.

Namaste SS,

The verse was cited by aniccha and I reproduced it as such as a proof of an enduring essence that holds, irrespective of ignorance or knowledge. Shankaracharya takes the presence of God as given because Veda says so. Here we see Buddha sayig the same in a different fashion.

Om Namah Shivaya