PDA

View Full Version : Why suguna& nirguna?

brahman
26 August 2009, 05:27 AM
Advaita is living every moment in joy, a quality of joyful evenness. One should not even enter into thoughts of liberation.

The great acharyas/gurus/saints discuss the representation of Brahman in its suguna or nirguna sense. Moreover have they debated on it and still continue to. Man adheres to their sayings and speaks and repeats it as sacred sayings.

But does anyone adhere to the moral codes, self restraints, the healthy discipline and attitudes the acharyas follow or might have followed?
One should be convinced that such acharyas strictly observe all aspects of yama-niyama.
Whatever be the philosophy they preached, they were intensified by deep devotion and daily worship to God. They certainly practiced the sastras too. They were convinced of the various asana practice needs and were devoted themselves to dhyana.

It is essentially true that all of them proclaimed a distinct science, a different philosophy. As the situation demanded, they might have even attempted to belittle another, inorder to uplift yet another.

Why suguna& nirguna for the followers alone?

Approach all this logically. The followers too need to believe in Brahman alone. One, who sees the Almighty Brahman in its smallest form in his body, can never miss to see one’s own smallness in this mighty Brahman.

Brahman

brahman
26 August 2009, 11:51 PM
But does anyone adhere to the moral codes, self restraints, the healthy discipline and attitudes the acharyas follow or might have followed?

check it out:

http://www.hinduwebsite.com/saints.asp

Brahman

kd gupta
20 September 2009, 06:29 AM
Pranam Brahman
I follow your quote…
Advaita is living every moment in joy, a quality of joyful evenness. One should not even enter into thoughts of liberation.
Goswamiji has written for liberation….
Sagunopasak moksha na lehin.

Krsn also reiterates for sagun…
Bhaktyaa maamabhijaanaat.
You have mentioned the word Sugun, Is it same as Sagun ?

Regards

yajvan
20 September 2009, 07:44 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

Namasté

May I ask those on HDF , who has this experience today? If Yes, please advise of your experiences, if no why so?

I am of the camp of 'no'. And why so? I am steeped in ignorance (still) yet I am able to see a faint light at the end of the tunnel; for this I am blessed.

praṇām

brahman
22 September 2009, 07:22 AM
Pranam Brahman
I follow your quote…
Goswamiji has written for liberation….
Sagunopasak moksha na lehin.

Krsn also reiterates for sagun…
Bhaktyaa maamabhijaanaat.
You have mentioned the word Sugun, Is it same as Sagun ?

Regards

Ture, thats saguna.

Why saguna& nirguna for the followers alone?

In my opinion it must be saguna until one experience the reality, after the realization of the SELF Jiva will know what to follow.

Brahman

kd gupta
22 September 2009, 09:44 AM
Thanks Brahmanji…and regards.
Namaste Yajvanji

Person steeped into Ignorance can never see the holy light, you are an enlightened one.

If you ask my view , I shall say ..
I believe on him , he believes on me.
He guides my path , I follow him.
He is made for me , I am alive due to him.

brahman
23 September 2009, 12:12 AM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

Namasté

May I ask those on HDF , who has this experience today? If Yes, please advise of your experiences, if no why so?

I am of the camp of 'no'. And why so? I am steeped in ignorance (still) yet I am able to see a faint light at the end of the tunnel; for this I am blessed.

praṇām

Yajvan,

That was a beautiful approach towards reality.

Serious considerations to your question on practical joyfulness of Advaita.

Forgot to tell you that the reply has been posted as a different thread, please find it.

http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=4557

Brahman