PDA

View Full Version : Dasha Maha Vidya

bhargavsai
02 September 2009, 06:19 AM
Recently, one of my friends online asked me What is Dasha Maha Vidya? I could not answer. After much research I have gathered that Dasha MahaVidya is pretty dangerous practice, and very harmful if not practiced correctly. While I do not intend to practice it, I am just curious to know about it. Can somebody enlighten me on this topic

yajvan
02 September 2009, 10:33 AM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~

Namasté bhargavsai

Recently, one of my friends online asked me What is Dasha Maha Vidya? I could not answer. After much research I have gathered that Dasha MahaVidya is pretty dangerous practice, and very harmful if not practiced correctly. While I do not intend to practice it, I am just curious to know about it. Can somebody enlighten me on this topic

I wrote

I thought there would be interest in the 10 forms of Mother Divine, or the daśa mahāvidyā-s or the 10 great ( Maha) forms of power or knowledge (vidyā).
You may take a look (if there is interest) here on this HDF post: http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3226 (http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3226)

praṇām

bhargavsai
03 September 2009, 02:34 AM
I have found this wonderful information on Dasha Maha Vidya

10 Mahavidyas is a very important aspect of Tantra and shakti sadhna. It is said that once Shiva became angry with Parvati and decided to leave. Parvati manifested as 10 mahavidyas and surrounded Shiva not to let him go.

Thus Shiva surrounded by 10 mahavidayas and enjoying or suffering due to them is called JIVA and any Jiva who wins these Mahavidyas becomes SHIVA.

The 10 mahavidyas and their shivas are :-

1 - Mahavidya ==Mahakali & Mahakaal

2- Shri vidya== Tara & Akshobhya

3- Siddha Vidya( I) ==Shodashi & Panchvaktra Shiva

4- siddha Vidya (ii) ==Bhuvaneshari & Traymbak Shiva

5- Vidya== Chhinmastaka & Kabandha

6-Siddha vidya (iii)== Bhairavi & Kaal Bhairav

7-vidya (ii)== Dhoomavati (alone)

8- siddha vidya(iv)== Baglamukhi & Ekvaktra shiva

9 - vidya (iii)=== Matangi & Matang

10 -vidya (iv)== Kamla & Sadashiv Vishnu

Kali, Dhumavati and chhinamastaka sadhna are Ugra because they need Veer bhava

Panch Makar is five Ms madira(wine), maans (meat), meen(fish), mudra(parched grain) and Maithuna(sex)

Pashu bhaav is doing sadhna for lower siddhis

veera bhaav is left tantra done with courage

Divya bhaav is worshipping as mother without 5 Ms

Jai maa kaali

yajvan
03 September 2009, 12:01 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~

Namasté bhargavsai

After much research I have gathered that Dasha MahaVidya is pretty dangerous practice, and very harmful if not practiced correctly.

After some additional reading and review, have you a different opinion on the dangers? IMHO I see more 'danger' if no practice is subscribed to.

praṇām

bhargavsai
03 September 2009, 12:11 PM
You are absolutely right sir. I misunderstoof Dasha Mahav Vidyas! Thanks Yajvan ji, your post was Enlightening.

Sir, would you recommend people to practice worship of these 10 devis?

yajvan
03 September 2009, 12:39 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~

Namasté bhargavsai

You are absolutely right sir. I misunderstoof Dasha Mahav Vidyas! Thanks Yajvan ji, your post was Enlightening.

Sir, would you recommend people to practice worship of these 10 devis?

We respect all 10 for they are the 10 qualities of Mother Divine, yes? Yet we pick one to adore...the one that resonates with you, that feels right, is closest to you.

That is why it is valuable to study them, easily, effortlessly, without too much analytics, all 10; then IMHO you will 'feel' the one closest to you, to your nature.

praṇām

yajvan
04 September 2009, 02:35 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~

Namasté

We respect all 10 for they are the 10 qualities of Mother Divine, yes? Yet we pick one to adore...the one that resonates with you, that feels right, is closest to you.
That is why it is valuable to study them, easily, effortlessly, without too much analytics, all 10; then IMHO you will 'feel' the one closest to you, to your nature.

If one asked (me) which book I would recommend to get a good reivew of the daśa mahāvidyā-s or the 10 great (maha) forms of power or knowledge (vidyā), I'd recommend Śrī Śaṅkaranārayānan's work, the Ten Great Cosmic Powers. Are there more? Sure. Yet I found this one most insightful.

praṇām