PDA

View Full Version : vEda tantra

sm78
17 September 2009, 01:08 AM
This is a humble observation on myself - already widely known.

The greatest power of the vedic suktas is felt when listening to them (being pronounced perfectly).

The greatest power of the tantric mantras are felt when recited internally.

I am amazed by the difference in subtle science of working of these 2 class of mantras.

Vedic chants seem to pervade the mind and the entire environment in which it is sung ~ whether one understand's them or not.

So the mishra path like keralachara should be the best means of sadhana available to a human being.

amra
17 September 2009, 05:56 AM
yes but how many people know how to pronounce the Veda correctly? The Veda were for highly evolved beings, we are living in a decaying world, for me it is too dangerous even to say Vedic Mantra, and listening to them pronounced incorrectly is karmically bad. The Veda is too Holy I do not like even to talk about it too much. For us depraved humans in this age Tantra and its equivalents is the best.

sm78
17 September 2009, 07:04 AM
yes but how many people know how to pronounce the Veda correctly? The Veda were for highly evolved beings, we are living in a decaying world, for me it is too dangerous even to say Vedic Mantra, and listening to them pronounced incorrectly is karmically bad. The Veda is too Holy I do not like even to talk about it too much. For us depraved humans in this age Tantra and its equivalents is the best.

The greatest power of the vedic suktas is felt when listening to them

Thanks.

amra
17 September 2009, 02:29 PM
i wrote
"and listening to them pronounced incorrectly is karmically bad"

We as humans have lost the ability to pronounce certain sanskrit vowels the liquid L and Ri, and also some consonants, so I donlt think there are many people who can pronounce the Veda as it was meant to.

Anyway you can do what you like

No one seems to respect the sanctity of tradition these days, i'm still sad over the Hanuman video game.