PDA

View Full Version : Experience your Immortality

Spiritualseeker
18 September 2009, 02:06 PM
http://journeytozen.wordpress.com/2009/09/18/experience-your-immortality/
Namaste,
I sometimes skim through the book, “Living Fearlessly, Bringing Out Your Inner Soul Strength” by Paramahansa Yogananda in his (HOW TO LIVE) series. Today I was skimming through it and found very remarkable and beautiful teachings on our Immortality.

That seems a bit odd since we are so used to the western view that we are simply machines that die off. In the east there is a totally different view point on our true nature. We are not our bodies which are limited in this earthly world. Mystics have been saying this for thousands of years. We are greater than flesh and bones.

Reading from Paramahansa Yogananda’s work it states: “Do you ever think that you have been completely unsettled by circumstances-ruffled, shattered, whipped, lacking power? Banish such thoughts! You have power; you do not use it. You have all the power you need. There is nothing greater than the power of the mind.”

This statement may seem like some corny phrase from a self help book, but this is the actual truths of eastern religions and philosophies. Not only this according to Quantum Physics our minds are what shapes our realities. This means we are the creators of the world. If this is true this means if we do not like the way the world is we can change it! If we are stuck on the thoughts that we are limited to this body of ours then we will continue to be the same old helpless being in such an awful world.

Quoting from Yogananda’s work again: “How necessary it is to analyze why you behave the way you do. Some people are filled with fear; they have made it a chronic habit. They nurture fear every day; and therefore their days are miserable with worry and anxiety. What is the logic of it? We are all going to die one day. It only happens once, and when it happens it is all over with. Then why be afraid of it? Why die every day through fear? When you learn to reason clearly, you discover that so many of your everyday attitudes and actions are foolishl the unhappiness they create is totally unneceesary.”

We are not helpless. We are ever present with that One Life, the Source of all Life. We come out of this, call it God, Ultimate Reality, or Brahman it is all the same. We are this. There is no separation. As the Saints say, “There is one thing God Cannot do and that is He cannot separate himself from us”. God is not the old man with a white beard sitting on the Throne. He is not Allah high above the Seventh heaven. God is All-Pervading. He is here and now present within us and all around us. When we comprehend this then we know that we are not these bodies. Energy cannot be destroyed. So therefore we will never die. Death is an illusion. These earthly vehicles are temporary. These bodies are only manifestations of our True Nature. That means our True Spirit or Soul is that which is feeting vital energy to this body. When the body dies, the spirit moves on. It does not look back. The Soul itself is not attached to anything. The reason why we are attached to our bodies, emotions, and desires is because we are identified with the Egoic mind.

Through meditation and stillness we can remove all the dirt that covers the Gold. Dig deeper and peel all the layers of the onion. Soon you will find your Immortal self. We are Bliss and God is Bliss. If that is true then there is no separation. Stop praying to God outside of yourself. He is the Immortality and the Changeless being that you are. I am sounding blasphemous enough? If you are feeling irritated by my words then maybe it is time for you to drop the dogma and experience this Eternity right here and now in the present moment.
AUM

devotee
18 September 2009, 09:42 PM
Namaste SS,

It is a wonderful post ! I am amazed at your depth of understanding. :)

OM

Spiritualseeker
19 September 2009, 10:47 AM
Namaste Devotee,

I bow to you thank you. Now it is time for me to try to put it into actual practice and experience :)

AUM NAMAH SIVAYA
-Juan

zensati
20 September 2009, 11:00 PM
We all desire Immortality, we spend 80 to 100 years trying to be immortal and eventually time sweeps us away in the form of death..

But when one lives concious of the fact that one day he will die, then he realises time is not to be waisted.. life is a oppurtunity to learn about ourselves.. and for our souls to grow.. so why waist the precious time we get pursuing activities that are unconstructive for the souls education.

One must make the most of the time that we have, seize the day and truly live this life..

the japanese say, one life, one opportunity, and give it all you got..

eriko
14 October 2009, 10:23 AM
Quoting from Yogananda’s work again: “How necessary it is to analyze why you behave the way you do. Some people are filled with fear; they have made it a chronic habit. They nurture fear every day; and therefore their days are miserable with worry and anxiety. What is the logic of it? We are all going to die one day. It only happens once, and when it happens it is all over with. Then why be afraid of it? Why die every day through fear? When you learn to reason clearly, you discover that so many of your everyday attitudes and actions are foolishl the unhappiness they create is totally unneceesary.”

We are not helpless. We are ever present with that One Life, the Source of all Life. We come out of this, call it God, Ultimate Reality, or Brahman it is all the same. We are this. There is no separation. As the Saints say, “There is one thing God Cannot do and that is He cannot separate himself from us”. God is not the old man with a white beard sitting on the Throne. He is not Allah high above the Seventh heaven. God is All-Pervading. He is here and now present within us and all around us. When we comprehend this then we know that we are not these bodies. Energy cannot be destroyed. So therefore we will never die. Death is an illusion. These earthly vehicles are temporary. These bodies are only manifestations of our True Nature. That means our True Spirit or Soul is that which is feeting vital energy to this body. When the body dies, the spirit moves on. It does not look back. The Soul itself is not attached to anything. The reason why we are attached to our bodies, emotions, and desires is because we are identified with the Egoic mind.

Through meditation and stillness we can remove all the dirt that covers the Gold. Dig deeper and peel all the layers of the onion. Soon you will find your Immortal self. We are Bliss and God is Bliss. If that is true then there is no separation. Stop praying to God outside of yourself. He is the Immortality and the Changeless being that you are. I am sounding blasphemous enough? If you are feeling irritated by my words then maybe it is time for you to drop the dogma and experience this Eternity right here and now in the present moment.
AUM

I am really amazed at you interpretation. It is so cool.