PDA

View Full Version : the 3rd wish ...

yajvan
21 September 2009, 10:32 AM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

Namasté

Who has not thought or have been asked, What if you had 3 wishes, what would they be or what would you do with them?

Why linger on something that is impossible? Many say what you think, you become. It is one's intent over time that manifests. Even siddhi¹ is based on intent. So there is some merit in this notion.
With that as a preamble, what would be one's 3 wishes? I have thought of this often over the years as it is 'easy' entertainment - but it is also a suggests one's values. Here's what I have been pondering as my 3.

My 1st wish
… would be over a 5 year period; the people of the world ( in mass) would open-up to and actively pursue the advancement of their spiritual nature.
That there would be spiritual regeneration around the world, as if sat yuga was about to begin once more. People would quite naturally be attracted to SELF-development and pursue it in a balanced manner. To this affect, people would then become realized beings, exponents of Reality over time…

Yajvan, why over 5 years? Why not tomorrow? A reasonable question. I have been taught that the characteristics of Creative Intelligence ( śiva + śakti) has the following manifesting qualities::

Adaptable - infinite variety to change and adapt, then;
Stabilizing - stabilize those changes i.e.
Integrative - integrate them into the system, but will;
Purify - purify/nurture what is life-support and eliminate that which is not, therefore over time;
Growth occurs - spiritual growth, mental, intellectual, structural growth occurs and supports the 'system'. This 'system' can be the human, the family, society, the nation, the world, the universe and solar systems carried within.Hence - IMHO allowing time to unfold allows these qualities to mature and stabilize in a meaning ful manner.

My 2nd wish
… is that of nature, the comic impulses of this universe ( including the 3 guna-s , the devatā, etc. ); they would support and advance/participate in the success of my 1st wish. That is, support and stabilize this intent and make it so over time.

My 3rd wish
…is interesting. My 3rd wish would be for more wishes! Hey, that's not fair!!! That's cheating, no? Nope. The 3rd wish ( for all that care to particpate in this idea) comes with rules and boundary conditions, which are the following:
1. Any additional wish must be life-supporting to the family of man
2. The wish must advance one's dharma, purpose, and/or spiritual pursuit & ;
3. The wish innately must be sattvic in nature

Hence the 3rd wish by its nature is self-spurfiying and a natual fit for how this Creative Intelligence manifests.
For that, I then will leave my 3rd wish for a upcoming post. Yet today, it is for more wishes, and I will outline a few later.

That said, what would you be your thinking on your 3 wishes?
praṇām

words
siddhi सिद्धि- accomplishment , performance , fulfilment , complete attainment

Eastern Mind
21 September 2009, 10:50 AM
Yajvan; Sounds like you've encountered the children's novel, 'The Three and many wishes of Jason Reid". This is indeed his third wish...3 more wishes. There is even a "Guru" named Quicksilver who grants them.

I need to reflect before giving you any choices.

Aum Namasivaya

Eastern Mind
22 September 2009, 05:57 PM
Namaskaram Yajvan:

I`ve mulled for a day. Not very long but still better than a quick response.

My wish is for absolutely nothing. I truly believe the world, and universe is in an absolute state of perfection. A perfect state ... of evolution. It is His wish to have it as it is right now, in this moment. I am not up to arguing with God. We cannot evolve without anava, karma, and maya. it is simply a STAGE of the breath.

Aum Namasivaya

yajvan
22 September 2009, 07:00 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

Namasté EM,

Namaskaram Yajvan:

I`ve mulled for a day. Not very long but still better than a quick response.

My wish is for absolutely nothing. I truly believe the world, and universe is in an absolute state of perfection. A perfect state ... of evolution. It is His wish to have it as it is right now, in this moment. I am not up to arguing with God. We cannot evolve without anava, karma, and maya. it is simply a STAGE of the breath. Aum Namasivaya

I like your selection and can see your point of view.
I have always reveled in the notion when someone asks, ' if you had to do this ( life, selections, choices) all over again what would you change ?' . I have always heard ' Oh I am fine with how things turned out - I would change nothing'. I used that notion for a while, then found out I was not being honest with myself.

If I was gifted and had the ability to do 'this' again there would be several selections I would have done differently - but only from the notion that I was mindful of my past choice and knew the outcomes.

One might say you may get your wish in the next life - perhaps. But if I fail to remember this life and the choices I made I run the risk of the same outcomes if a 'do over' was not possible.
Such is life.

praṇām