PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Parabrahm is more like Shakti than a Deva?

DavidC
01 October 2009, 02:30 AM
Parabrahm causes the creator(s) of the universe, and causation/creation is feminine, so do you think Shakti is more present in Parabrahm than the masculine existence/force?

Personally I would accept either answer. Parabrahm has everything so it has feminine and masculine equally. However as the supreme cause you could also just describe it as feminine. I saw a National Geographic show saying theoretically human parthenogenesis of a male from female could work. So Parabrahm as 'Parashakti' could have all the potential of Parashiva: that may be too vague but in other words the first Devi gives birth to the first Deva. Actually Parabrahm is still beyond the first Devi.

Asserting Parabrahm is more feminine or masculine would seem irrelevantly sexist, but I just wanted to know some Shaktist views on Parabrahm.

shian
01 October 2009, 11:42 PM
now i am like seeing Devi is form of Parabrahm

but this "like" or the theory of are Parabrahm is male or female or is A or B , is not the Parabrahm

please remember in US a transexual have pregnant

LoL

DavidC
02 October 2009, 12:13 AM
now i am like seeing Devi is form of Parabrahm

but this "like" or the theory of are Parabrahm is male or female or is A or B , is not the Parabrahm[...]

Indeed, however it seemed weird the word 'Brahm' is in it. Now I recall in another post about Shakti and Shiva there is a term 'Parashakti.' So, I guess I did not really need to ask this. However since it is also the terms 'Parashiva' and 'Mahavishnu,' are there other feminine terms or is philosophy sort of biased?

bhaktajan
02 October 2009, 08:47 AM
david-gee,

Regarding Mother-God . . . I chance to read about the first of ekadasi fasts and it origin ---it reveals interesting connection to the questions of God & His Feminine Energy.

That occurance is cited at this link of another thread.

http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showpost.php?p=31753&postcount=3

BTW, "Veda-mata" promises to deliver her charges to the Veda-Pitr ---from avidyaya to sanatana-dharma.

ranjeetmore
21 November 2009, 05:47 PM
Parabhrahm is necessarily a masculine form of God and Prakriti,His internal energy.

When the decription of Parabrahm is given in the Devi Bhagavatam-It is mentioned How Sri Krsna AS WELL AS Sri Radhika are present from beginningless time.There was no moment that they CAMe into existence.
Durga is described as having sprung from adi prakriti Radha.
While Shankara emanates from the right side of Sri Krsna.

the eternal forms of God- Narayana,Shiva and durga all have sprung from Parabrahm and His energy and are indifferent from Them.Thus,They are rightly called Parabrahm amongst Their followers.

isavasya
22 June 2010, 09:28 AM
Parabhrahm is necessarily a masculine form of God and Prakriti,His internal energy.

Are you sure Parabrahman is necessarily masculine ?, I thought infinity is beyond the definition of feminine and masculine. It seems vaisnavites take purusha suktam of rig veda, as purusha the male;) and shakti as female. In any ways, I have no problem with vaishnava beliefs. But for me the God is definitely beyond male and female.

In mahanarayana Upanishad, there is a very beautiful verse.

XXIII-1: Supreme Brahman, the Absolute Reality, has become an androgynous Person in the form of Umamaheshvara, dark blue and reddish brown in hue, absolutely chaste and possessing uncommon eyes. Salutations to Him alone who is the Soul of the universe or whose form is the universe.

Also it is not a established fact that Mahadevi refers to shakti of purusha/shiva/vishnu. According to vedas,

अदितिर्द्यौरदितिरन्तरिक्षमदितिर्माता स पिता स पुत्रः ।
विश्वे देवा अदितिः पञ्च जना अदितिर्जातमदितिर्जनित्वम् ॥१०॥(Rig veda, book 1, chapter 89, verse 10, visvedas)

Aditi is all the heavens. Aditi is the space. Aditi is the mother, father, children. Aditi is all the gods and goddesses. Aditi is the five bases of creation. Aditi is the birth and Aditi is the source of everything.

So surely, It is not a rule in Hinduism that shakti refers to power of purusha, shakti is infinite supreme , param brahma :)

Even in purusha suktam it says,

5 From him Virāj was born; again from Virāj was born purusha.

Namo Nama Shankara
Parvateebhyam

upsydownyupsy mv ss
23 June 2010, 05:42 AM
Parabrahm causes the creator(s) of the universe, and causation/creation is feminine, so do you think Shakti is more present in Parabrahm than the masculine existence/force?

Personally I would accept either answer. Parabrahm has everything so it has feminine and masculine equally. However as the supreme cause you could also just describe it as feminine. I saw a National Geographic show saying theoretically human parthenogenesis of a male from female could work. So Parabrahm as 'Parashakti' could have all the potential of Parashiva: that may be too vague but in other words the first Devi gives birth to the first Deva. Actually Parabrahm is still beyond the first Devi.

Asserting Parabrahm is more feminine or masculine would seem irrelevantly sexist, but I just wanted to know some Shaktist views on Parabrahm.

Is Justice considered favourable, unfavourable, both, or neither? Depends on the situation.
Is Truth considered favourable, unfavourable, both, or neither? Depends on the situation.
Is existance in this present forms of ours considered favourable, unfavourable, both, or neither? Depends on the situation.
Is Time considered favourable, unfavourable, both, or neither? Depends on the situation.
Is space considered favourable, unfavourable, both, or neither? Depends on the situation.

God is male or female, Depends in the context of your speech.