PDA

View Full Version : easier ways to read the member list?

DavidC
02 October 2009, 12:20 AM
I do not know what software is used for the site, but it might be good if there was one day a way to search the member list for people by their area. There are many members and there is a possibility some people are in the same area, and they might be interested in meeting others who practice the Dharma in their area.

Onkara
12 October 2009, 10:22 AM
I do not know what software is used for the site, but it might be good if there was one day a way to search the member list for people by their area. There are many members and there is a possibility some people are in the same area, and they might be interested in meeting others who practice the Dharma in their area.

It would be good to have a regularly updating "who's online" area and what thread they are viewing. I know it tells you who is online when logged on but it would be good to see also what they are viewing. This will help to broaden interest and build a sense of community.

If donations or/and support is required to improve this forum, may I suggest that is made known.

satay
12 October 2009, 01:15 PM
Namaskar,

I don't think there is such a funcationality but I will look in the search features and let you know more.

Thanks,

satay
12 October 2009, 01:17 PM
Namaskar,

It would be good to have a regularly updating "who's online" area and what thread they are viewing. I know it tells you who is online when logged on but it would be good to see also what they are viewing. This will help to broaden interest and build a sense of community.

This feature already exists in the forum software but I have it turned off. I noticed that most people were loggin off as soon as they saw others logged in. I got the impression that most members wanted to browse anonymously and not let others get an idea of how much time they spend on these forums!

If there is more interest, I can consider turning this feature on.

satay
26 October 2009, 04:29 PM
namaskar,

This feature is now turned back on.

Onkara
26 October 2009, 04:38 PM
namaskar,

This feature is now turned back on.
Thank you Satay. :D