PDA

View Full Version : Prayer for Other and deceased

shian
07 October 2009, 11:58 PM
Namaste,

please share with me about rite to pray for other people (ex : sick person, or disaster victim etc) ; and rite to pray for ancestor or deceased, let them born in Good realm or good condition

1. Do you have special perayer who pray for others happiness in your daily sadhana ?
2. What you do or what rite you do for send a prayer or merit for ancestor or deceased , for them to born in good realm ?
3. Do you know special mantra for send consciousness (http://vvv.sederet.com/translate.php?from_to=eng2indo&kata=consciousness&var=e7f1f4d71823b1bfc4b5fe9e72ada8f5) of dead people or animals to higher realm ?

i also welcome sharing from many different tradition ^_^

thank you

ScottMalaysia
12 October 2009, 11:24 AM
2. What you do or what rite you do for send a prayer or merit for ancestor or deceased , for them to born in good realm ?

My wife's grandfather has a special altar set up in his prayer room with pictures of four of his departed relatives on it. Every day, he offers the incense and lamps to the relatives before he performs the puja to the Gods.

Prayers for the departed are held once a year, often on the date of the person's passing. For special prayers, a pujari is brought in to do them, but other prayers are just done by the family. My wife's family places food items around the picture of the deceased and then each person takes a turn at offering incense and a camphor lamp to the picture (going anticlockwise rather than clockwise).

3. Do you know special mantra for send consciousness (http://vvv.sederet.com/translate.php?from_to=eng2indo&kata=consciousness&var=e7f1f4d71823b1bfc4b5fe9e72ada8f5) of dead people or animals to higher realm ?

Gaudiya Vaishnavas believe that anyone who hears the Hare Krishna Maha Mantra or the name Gauranga will be guaranteed a human birth in their next life. I don't know if that is true or not.

shian
12 October 2009, 10:50 PM
thank you Scoot ^^

now, i dont see many Hindus pray for deceased
it is not about we give them offerings or we pray may they protect us, if we pray for protect, this is make them attached with family
but they must be attached with God, so we dont pray any wish , but we must pray for them

I have read some Hindu scripture who can save deceased to born in good realm, Hindu have this , but no many people know.

But, not only Hare krsna mantra

Shiva, Devi, Vishnu, Gayatri etc can be chant for deceased, and can give them born in good realm, also if they already born in human form they will more get happiness because of our pray, and they will become wise person.

and we need to do good things like donation etc and dedication for deceased.