PDA

View Full Version : My journey on the path to enlightenment has just begun.

c.smith
18 August 2006, 08:59 AM
Namaste,

As some of you will note from my posts, I am fairly new to the Hindu faith. I've taken to the path over the past year. I still have many questions but am finally finding some comfort - here in the forum, starting to get established in the community in the area, and reading as much as I possibly can. I feel that I've made progress but am still at the very beginning of the journey.

One point that I am especially please with is finally finding my diety - or perhaps having the deity come to my heart. I am a devotee of Ganesha (primary) and of Lord Shiva. The Mandir that I go to has both deities but only does Shiva puja. There was some confusion on my part as to how to choose, but at the advice of others, I kept my heart and mind open. It has worked am I am truly grateful.

So, I'm off to learn more and ask for your patience as I post and try to acquire knowledge. I'm am very fortunate to be here as part of a very dynamic forum.

satay
18 August 2006, 09:23 AM
namaskar!

Very nice to read this.

It is always more interesting for me personally to read about such a experience as yours because I think it is much harder for someone in the west who has had no environment or very little exposure to dharmic way of life.

I know in india too one could live all his life and refuse to live in a dharmic way ignoring all the signs and advices of gurus (meaning parents teachers etc.) but at least the exposure is there for an indian all the time. But for someone who does not live in India it is much much harder since the initial and continous expousure is not there.

I am confident that members of this forum will try hard to answer our questions.

Please continue to post your experiences on this forum so that 'new' hindus like myself can also learn something.

Best wishes on your journey!

Skillganon
25 August 2006, 12:50 PM
Hello Welcome to the forum.

Nice Journey.

Peace.

Skill