PDA

View Full Version : Akshardham

TatTvamAsi
14 October 2009, 02:43 AM
Namaste,

Has anyone on HDF been to Akshardham in New Delhi?

I saw a small video about it and it looks magnificent! I think it is a great achievement and such wonderful architecture, technology, and creativity has come together.

Anyone care to share their experience of visiting Akshardham?

Namaskar.

Eastern Mind
14 October 2009, 06:50 AM
TTA:
Magnificent?
Absolutely, and more. Have you yourself been to any BAPS temples here in the west? The one in Toronto is apparently very magnificent. Maybe you could describe any here you've been to. These guys are remarkable, especially in the level of organisation, (hense co-operation) and quick time it takes them to put a temple up. One of the advantages of having a global organisation instead of a local often small group. Also helps to have someone repected by all in charge. Not an arguing democracy.

Aum Namasivaya

TatTvamAsi
15 October 2009, 12:52 AM
EM,

I have not been to any BAPS temples. In fact, I only learnt of BAPS after seeing some article on it in the US!

Talk about diverity in religion! hahahha..

I definitely want to make a trip to visit Akshardham next time I'm in India.

Namaskar.

TTA:
Magnificent?
Absolutely, and more. Have you yourself been to any BAPS temples here in the west? The one in Toronto is apparently very magnificent. Maybe you could describe any here you've been to. These guys are remarkable, especially in the level of organisation, (hense co-operation) and quick time it takes them to put a temple up. One of the advantages of having a global organisation instead of a local often small group. Also helps to have someone repected by all in charge. Not an arguing democracy.

Aum Namasivaya

Ganeshprasad
15 October 2009, 03:35 PM
Pranam

Yes a magnificent monument indeed, pardon me for not calling a mandir, for in strict sense there is no puja performed there. It is like visiting a museum.

There is another mandir adjacent to the building where they have puja and arti.

I had been there trice once when it was being built, the second time we went there and were hugely disappointed because we went there on the day, only to discover that the building is closed on Mondays, what a mandir! So be warned if any one of you are planning to go make sure it is not Monday.

Third time lucky I got to see it dec 2008, a lot of people get impressed, big Murti's of their Shajanand Swami dwarf rest of the Devas who I think are only there to gain legitimacy.

Jai Shree Krishna