PDA

View Full Version : unecessary banning

SANT
15 October 2009, 11:59 AM
why has bhaktjan been banned and for what reasons.

Harjas Kaur
15 October 2009, 07:25 PM
I am also surprised by this. If anyone should be banned, it should be me as I can tackle the most disturbing and controversial topics and manage to irritate almost everybody. I even have banned myself at one point, lol.

But this can't be said for bhaktjan whose posts are always pleasant and enjoyable. Was there some mistake?

satay
15 October 2009, 07:49 PM
Namaskar,

Thank you for the posts. Regarding banning, people get redirected out of HDF if their posts and agends do not align with the forum rules and goals.
The forum rules are clearly stated under the FAQ section.

If you have any question about the forum rules, please pm me.

Thanks,

Harjas Kaur
15 October 2009, 09:39 PM
Well looking at the FAQ is clear enough. I suppose people can get banned who aren't necessarily doing anything wrong, who just may have an opposing agenda to the one the forum is designed for.

thx for explaining.

satay
15 October 2009, 11:40 PM
Sat sri akal,

Well looking at the FAQ is clear enough. I suppose people can get banned who aren't necessarily doing anything wrong, who just may have an opposing agenda to the one the forum is designed for.

thx for explaining.

Yes, that is correct. If a member's agenda is not in alignment they are redirected out of HDF and if possible, pointed to other forums on the internet more suitable for their agenda and taste.

One main theme of HDF is 'positive presentation of Hindu Dharma'. Implied in this theme is positive presentation of Indian culture and Indian people as well. There are a large number of forums on the Internet where people are allowed to vent and degrade the Indian culture, indians, hindus and hindu dharma in general. Senior members of HDF decided in 2006 that we don't need another such forum on the net and that they are more interested in building a community with a high quality posts as opposed to large quantity.

Ekanta
16 October 2009, 08:53 AM
Allowing forumers to call muslims pigs and Jesus charlatan, and non-hindus untouchables.. This is allowed!

Congratulations to promoting a "positive presentation of Hindu Dharma".

satay
16 October 2009, 10:28 AM
Namaskar,

Allowing forumers to call muslims pigs and Jesus charlatan, and non-hindus untouchables.. This is allowed!

I never said we are perfect in achieving the main goal. It's a work in progress and support of all members is needed.

Thanks for the sarcastic comment. I accept all feedback.

Ekanta
16 October 2009, 01:06 PM
Let me correct myself a bit... I could have put that in another way...

“satyaM brUyAt priyaM brUyAt na brUyAt satyam apriyam | priyaM ca nAnRRitaM brUyAt eSha dharmaH sanAtanaH”

(Speak truth in such a way that it should be pleasing to others. Never speak truth, which is unpleasant to others. Never speak untruth, which might be pleasant. This is the path of eternal morality, sanatana dharma.)
(Manu Smriti)

satay
16 October 2009, 01:37 PM
“satyaM brUyAt priyaM brUyAt na brUyAt satyam apriyam | priyaM ca nAnRRitaM brUyAt eSha dharmaH sanAtanaH”

(Speak truth in such a way that it should be pleasing to others. Never speak truth, which is unpleasant to others. Never speak untruth, which might be pleasant. This is the path of eternal morality, sanatana dharma.)
(Manu Smriti)

AMEN (or is it Amen?) Well, you get what I mean...

Khatri
16 October 2009, 03:48 PM
Where are all my posts? What happened to them?

satay
16 October 2009, 11:53 PM
Namaskar,

Where are all my posts? What happened to them?

Some of your posts have been deleted. Please read the PM I sent you. If you have any other questions, please PM me.

Thanks,

TatTvamAsi
24 October 2009, 07:48 PM
I never would have guessed you were so averse to TRUTH! :rolleyes: