PDA

View Full Version : Ganging up against Atanu ?

devotee
15 October 2009, 09:47 PM
Namaste All,

I may be wrong but that is what I perceive from posts of some new members. It appears to be carried from some other forum from where they have come.

I hope we are able to maintain the tradition of keeping this forum clean & discuss in an atmosphere of bonhomie with respect to all.

Regards,

OM

satay
15 October 2009, 11:45 PM
Namaskar,

As usual if you see any posts that are against the forum rules please report them to me.

There is also an ignore feature on the forum which can be turned on to ignore unwanted posts.

Thanks.

srivijaya
16 October 2009, 01:31 AM
I hope we are able to maintain the tradition of keeping this forum clean & discuss in an atmosphere of bonhomie with respect to all.

This is very important. I have recently left a Buddhist board for this very reason. Newcomers were permitted to vent their spleen on some very nice people who had been on the board for a long time. The mods did nothing about it. I can't see Satay allowing that to happen here.

Namste

Eastern Mind
16 October 2009, 07:52 AM
Namaste:

My father taught me sportsmanship came first, before anything else. Many a young rude brat found himself sitting on the bench pouting because my father, a volunteer umpire in baseball, took no dissing. One warning, then you're gone.

I followed that up into adulthood coaching style. Many a player found himself sitting next to coach watching the difficult task of the referee, or the classiness of opposing players.

These folks are lucky I'm not the moderator. Coming on as Unata (Atanu spelled backwards in case no one else noticed this simple immature slight.) to promote yourself, or your friend's ideology is just immature childish behaviour, certainly not welcome by any standard of decorum.

I also think it is our job, rather than have topics such as this, to start new threads, (I'm trying with my moral dilemmas from a Hindu point of view stuff) to add, to compliment, to admit our mistakes, etc. As an example, BTW, Saidevo, I have referred people from other forums to your lengthy list of scripture.

Aum Namasivaya

kd gupta
16 October 2009, 09:03 AM
Namaskar,

As usual if you see any posts that are against the forum rules please report them to me.

There is also an ignore feature on the forum which can be turned on to ignore unwanted posts.

Thanks.

Say running out of reality.....I feel it many times .

atanu
21 October 2009, 07:05 AM
Namaste All,
I may be wrong but that is what I perceive from posts of some new members. It appears to be carried from some other forum from where they have come.
Regards,
OM

Namaste Devotee,

atanu is actually without a tanu, so ganging up against atanu is well nigh impossible.

Joke apart, thanks for the consideration and care.

These folks are lucky I'm not the moderator. Coming on as Unata (Atanu spelled backwards in case no one else noticed this simple immature slight.) to promote yourself, or your friend's ideology is just immature childish behaviour, certainly not welcome by any standard of decorum.

Namaste EM,

I must clarify that that coming as 'Unata' was an immature act of me and no one else. It was however, not done to promote anyone but to show how words are: vis and siv etc.. The limited plan however, failed -----apparently.

I am sorry for the mis-adventure and confusion.

Om Namah Shivaya

yajvan
21 October 2009, 02:43 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

Namasté,

atanu अतनु is a + tanu or a = not + tanu = small.
I have never seen atanu shrink or collipase from any stampede of opposition HDF has yet to offer. He reminds me of bhīma भीम ( formidable), the 2nd pandava.
http://www.bolokids.com/mahabharata/09m.jpg

atanu is at + anu. This 'at' means extraordinary + 'anu' means 'of a king'.

I think we should not worry of atanu but be concerned of his adversaries once he is through with them; of what will be left of them for us to pick up?

devotee
21 October 2009, 09:36 PM
When Yajvan ji is so sure, I must rest assured ! :)

However, I do wonder :

Why all this at all ? What do we have to lose or gain in this forum ? What can't we restrict ourselves to logical discussions based on Shruti ? Let the Truth win, whether I lose or win is immaterial. Why should we indulge in attacking anyone personally ?

If someone knows better, why doesn't he put forward his logic with support of scriptures ? Isn't it what we all are here for ??

Let the Truth win ! :)

OM

grames
22 October 2009, 01:46 AM
Let the Truth be realized :) and Truth prevails and there is never been a loss to Truth.

Why waste a thread on this silly subject altogether?

devotee
22 October 2009, 03:55 AM
Why waste a thread on this silly subject altogether?

I alone know the answer, as I started this thread :

Because I am not as smart as Grames is ! :)

OM