PDA

View Full Version : Grāha-s as of late...

yajvan
22 October 2009, 12:38 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

Namasté

As of late my attention has been on other subject matter then jyotiṣ (jyotish), yet I can tell something is up. That is, there is a difference in my environment, my social interactions, business transactions, etc.
Why so? If one were to review a pañcāṅgam ( daily positions of the grāha-s ~almanac~ ) we would see that the 2 luminaries (Sun and Moon) are debilitated - this is called nīca (sounds like nee-cha). This nīca means low or lowest; It also (to a jyotiṣa) means humbled. This occurs every year ( with the Sun and Moon).

One could say, only two grāhaka¹ are nīca or debilited what's the fuss? The pañcāṅgam also shows Jupiter, Mars & Venus in their nīca positions. That is 5 out of 9 planets or 55% of them.

All these as kāraka¹ influence many walks of life, thinking, doing, acting, responding, property, relationships, learning, etc. etc. Now the moon will leave Scorpio today, and there will be one less grāha that is nīca or debilitated.
Worthy of note is Saturn which has directional strength - the next house it visits, Saturn will be exalted in Libra. Also Mercury is at home in Virgo during this time yet will soon be on its way ( 25th of October) residing in Libra.

There could be some jyotiṣa-s that may suggest all the planets are hemmed in between rahu and ketu. While this is not a very good condition, it is not occuring today.

I would also like to follow say 25 people that were born yesterday ( as the moon was most debilitated on Wednesday) and see how their life, career, life selections turn out. I know this would not be possible, but what types of people will have these infleunces with them all their lives?

As I mentioned I have noticed these changes. I wondered if any one else has been experiencing things out of the ordinary or routine of life?

praṇām

words

grāhaka ग्राहक - one who seizes or takes captive ; from grāha ग्रह- seizing , laying hold of , holding i.e. a grāhaka ~seizes~ or influences the circumstances of the native. This is done via the tattva they manage and control
kāraka कारक-making , doing , acting , who or what does or produces or creates ; instrumental in bringing about an action

Eastern Mind
22 October 2009, 06:46 PM
Yajvan:

I went on pilgrimage to Vancouver. Yeah, that was out of the ordinary. Watched about 4 pujas to the planets, which I don`t usually get to do as my home temple doesn`t have navagraha shrine.

Aum Namasivaya