PDA

View Full Version : Mental Health (where to post?)

Tirisilex
31 October 2009, 02:22 PM
I do not know where a good place to post a question on mental health..

Anyone know of practices to help with schizophrenia?

Eastern Mind
31 October 2009, 03:35 PM
Trisilex:

With all due respect and understanding regarding mental disorders, usually the local doctor is the place to go for medical conditions. Unless you are talking what you believe might be kundalini gone awry misdiagnosed as schizophrenia, (Even then I would doubt if anyone here would be of help) then this is probably not the place ... as its called Hindu Dharma Forums for a reason.

If it is not directly related to this disease, but rather as observations, you could try being more specific. Best wishes.

Aum Namasivaya

DavidC
31 October 2009, 05:43 PM
I agree, but I would not trust conventional doctors, who think the body/consciousness is incapable of healing itself and must be suppressed or cut up: try to find a Natural Hygienist doctor.

Tirisilex
01 November 2009, 01:52 PM
I've been dealing with psych doctors since 1992. I'm on Meds and stuff..
I'm just wondering how Hindus look / deal with this disease.. for example some christian groups look upon the disease as "demonic oppression" and thus the victim needs a "deliverence"

kd gupta
02 November 2009, 12:16 AM
I do not know where a good place to post a question on mental health..

Anyone know of practices to help with schizophrenia?

It is a depression and is 100% curable by antidepressedents , nothing doing with yoga etc. , change or go to a learned doctor .

DavidC
02 November 2009, 12:56 AM
It is a depression and is 100% curable by antidepressedents , nothing doing with yoga etc. , change or go to a learned doctor .

Actually, synthetic antidepressants are chemically similar to amphetamines and cocaine: doctors that prescribe those or neuroleptics are not very learned. Yoga, particularly meditation and getting one's life in order, would be a better option. Natural Hygiene suggests medical fasting for any illness--even mental ones.

kd gupta
02 November 2009, 04:00 AM
Schizophrenia is a disease which is often stated as possessions, demonic oppression etc.Whatever it is, and not a very treatable disease, still 50% are healed near completely by the use of recent medications. The meds usually are of anti psychotic category.The prognosis of treatment usually depends on various other factors, but nothing can be stated as per individualistic response to treatment.Regarding the non medical treatment, various therapies are prevalent. They usually act in adjunct to meds. It is unlikely that these therapies in isolation do any good.The therapies which are there are usually not harmful, but I would strongly suggest keeping medications prescribed by any learned psychiatrist as mainstay and observing other therapies as additional.

Eastern Mind
02 November 2009, 07:04 AM

Namaste kd, and David:
Namaste Tirisilex:

My wife's aunt was diagnosed with manic depression, and schizophrenia many years ago. She is now deceased. It was a lifelong battle with pills, and relationships. I don't think we can, from the outside, as non-doctors, really say anything. We are not experts. As usual, within the traditional medical and holistic medicine, there is ongoing debate. This stuff is very complicated. By the end of my career, I thought that about 30% of any given class of students had some sort of diagnosable disorder or syndrome.

My brother has a medical prescription for marijuana. Others outside of him are occasionally quite critical, and say he has faked his syndromes to be able to support his habit. If you ask, him, he states that it is the only drug he has found that helps ease the tightening of muscles and tension brought on by his MS. My point here is that it is up to the patient, not people who actually know very little about the OP, but think they know something.

Hopefully, Tirisilex (BTW, my heart goes out to you, and anyone else with a chronic medical condition) remains as my brother has, and can live a relatively normal life.

Back to the original question, which by the way wasn't screaming 'Help me!" but was merely a question of curiousity...

Firstly, Hindus believe its all karma. We can accept that, and not whine about why we are in this circumstance. But that's fairly oversimplified, and offers no practical suggestions. My teacher advised to try all avenues from stress release, to chiropractic adjustment, to medicine, to holistic massage, reiki, nature walks, you name it. But since you've had it since 1992, I'm assuming you've been through all of the above, but perhaps not.

Aum Namasivaya

atanu
02 November 2009, 10:52 AM
Namaste Trisilex and friends,

ZN is not participating for sometime. I think that she may offer some help.

From my side, I think that the conventional allopathic medicine, though priceless in acute cases, makes one a slave in case of chronic problems. And they do not even touch the mental side. OTOH, I sincerely think that mental problems may be tackled better by a mature homeopathic physician -- not that it is not without its own dangers. But under a mature doctor, minute homeopathic doses can do wonders.

I will strongly recommend Trisilex to consult an experienced homeo doctor. Homeo medicines work on the basis of spiritual nature of matter and has more chance to be incisive, when properly found, by the grace of God. Finally a subheccha, a good wish coupled with a resolute will, is required to come out of any situation. In this direction, Vedas term Rudra as the ultimate physician.

Trisilex, I wish you best and I hope to see you out of your problem soon. karma is of past. The present is stronger.

Om