PDA

View Full Version : My trip to Bangalore

nirotu
05 November 2009, 06:21 PM
I just returned from a wonderful trip to Bangalore. It was enjoyable because I attended a wedding ceremony of my niece where I could meet all of my relatives in one place. Usually, whenever I visit, I have to travel to Mumbai, Delhi and Karnataka to see all my relatives. This time I did not have to travel much. The airport is beautiful but was too far from the city. There was no planning before the construction of airport as to how to connect to city through some fast point-to-point metro link. I flew in to Bangalore from Calicut that took me 45 minutes. It took me almost three hours to reach Coramangala. The highways look good only up to a point. Then after it is shear chaos.

While I was there I had some paperwork about a property that I invested in. Wow! Was it a trip! I was given a run-around that literally made me sick. First of all, the traffic in the city is absolutely non-negotiable. I had to make run from Mayo hall to sub-registrar office to tax payment office all in one day. I just can’t believe the city issues permits to about 800 new vehicles daily without much of any thought to improving parking or proper roads. However, the metro lines have been under construction should alleviate problems somewhat.

Despite all the crowd and chaos, I still enjoyed my stay in Bangalore. I hope things will improve with time and with honest politicians ruling.

Blessings,

satay
05 November 2009, 06:57 PM
namaskar,

Welcome Back.

I just returned from a wonderful trip to Bangalore. Blessings,