PDA

View Full Version : Muslims! Answer please.

Francois
11 November 2009, 07:58 AM
Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum. And i'm very confused about the islamic concept about God Almighty. Kindly explain. And what is the concept of prophethood? What is Islam? What is the purpose of life? According to your religion.
I'm an atheist. I don't believe in religion. But, your religion had always attracted me. I want to know about it. I prefer to ask you directly, because i don't trust any islamic site

Eastern Mind
11 November 2009, 08:11 AM
Welcome to HDF, Francois.

I don't understand your question. Are you interested in Islam, or Sanatana dharma (Hinduism)? If you're interested in Islam, please understand that you're going to get a slanted point of view here, as this is a Hindu site. Not as extreme, but imagine getting an understanding of Hinduism from a christian fundamentalist site. It wouldn't be an understanding at all, but a total misunderstanding.

If you're intereseted in Hinduism, then this is the right place.

Just for starters, as some people from the west have this misconception...Although Islam and Hinduism are close geographically, philosophically and practically they are on opposite sides of that universe.

Aum Namasivaya

Harjas Kaur
11 November 2009, 08:51 AM
Muslims! Answer please.
And i'm very confused about the islamic concept about God Almighty. Kindly explain. And what is the concept of prophethood? What is Islam? What is the purpose of life? According to your religion. I'm an atheist. I don't believe in religion. But, your religion had always attracted me. I want to know about it. I prefer to ask you directly, because i don't trust any islamic site:cool1: I must admit I'm amused. You don't trust any Islamic sites so you come to a Hindu forum to ask Muslims about Islam. Maybe you could google a faq sheet (Frequently Asked Questions) about Islam independent of any website. I doubt any Hindu's will teach you anything about Islam. You might also want to google a faq about Hinduism.

Francois
11 November 2009, 11:58 AM
I am not here to ask hindus about islam. I entered the islam section, and i asked questions to muslims. If you are muslim, reply to the question. Otherwise, know that this thread is not for you. By the way, what are the beliefs of hinduism about God?

Eastern Mind
11 November 2009, 12:35 PM
Francois: Please read this post from earlier this morning.

http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=4712&page=5

Hindu Dharma Forums is a Hindu site. Very few Muslims ever come here, so you will most likely be unsuccessful in finding one here. Most who do arrive get themselves banned for trashing Hindu beliefs. I wish you the best of luck in finding whatever answers you need at this time. Satay explained it very well in the above post.

Aum Namasivaya

satay
11 November 2009, 01:27 PM
Note to self,

Let me see how this game is gonna play out. An atheist arrives at Hindu Forum albeit in Muslim section of the forum. Let me see 'which' muslim on this site is gonna answer and how. My spidey sense is tingling...

:coffee:

Eastern Mind
11 November 2009, 02:40 PM
Satay: Sounds to me like Satay is privy to information the rest of us aren't. That just doesn't seem fair .... Oh, wait, he's the moderator. I will stop talking for now ... on this thread.

Aum Namasivaya

TatTvamAsi
11 November 2009, 03:35 PM
Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum. And i'm very confused about the islamic concept about God Almighty. Kindly explain. And what is the concept of prophethood? What is Islam? What is the purpose of life? According to your religion.
I'm an atheist. I don't believe in religion. But, your religion had always attracted me. I want to know about it. I prefer to ask you directly, because i don't trust any islamic site

Hello Francois,

So you're a French atheist interested in islam?

Anyway, "confusion" and "islam" are always synonymous because of the following reasons:

1.) muslims don't know whom or what they are praying to. They call some fairy in the sky that likes to sleep with 72 little girls allah but their prophet, muhammad (SH!T be upon him) is also a pedophile who claimed that he was the messenger of this fairy after having epileptic seizures in some dirty cave in arabia.

2.) muslims don't know what life is about so they decide to simply attack, murder, and harm people from other cultures, races, and faiths. This is of course historically supported with FACTS. Since you are an 'atheist', I believe you actually care for FACTS(??).

3.) muslims are so obtuse that they themselves cannot interpret the gibberish in some book with scribblings called the quran. That is why they have old, smelly guys with long beards read it and interpret it for them.

4.) Since muslims pray to an invisible fairy that likes little girls, they like to scream five times a day in anticipation, disrupting the peace of everyone nearby.

5.) Of course, the famous 5 pillars of PISSlam: treachery, violence, ingratitude, fanaticism, and pedophilia. muslims make a pilgrimage to a black stone in the middle of some desert in arabia where they don't take a shower. instead, they run around this black stone 7 times and don't know why, they spit on another stone while some smelly mullah screams from the top of some tower.

6.) muslim legislature is so great that women are forced to be underclass citizens in their own countries. they are also forced to wear a bedsheet around themselves because the muslim men, who are like rabid dogs, will tend to rape any woman who is not covered due to their lecherous attitudes. Their laws according to their throwback quran is so great that if a woman is gang-raped by several guys she doesn't know, SHE gets 200 lashes at the public square while the men go unpunished. "wah, allah is truly merciful and just!" ;)

7.) Last but not least, most terrorist acts in the world are committed by muslims. It is their favorite pastime and a direct command from their pedophile prophet who murdered innocent people about 1300 years ago.

Take a trip to the arid desert saudi arabia and see for yourself the power of the invisible pedophile fairy called allah.

Wa'alaikum salaam! ;)

Spiritualseeker
11 November 2009, 06:42 PM

I am an ex muslim. God in Islam is an Authoritarian Deity who is both compassionate and Angry. He created the heavens and the earth and sent prophets to guide mankind. He orders slaughter of disbelievers unless the jews and christians pay Jizya (tax to be accepted in an islamic state) or convert to Islam, or they are to be killed. Others that are not jews and christians have the choice to convert or die.

Prophethood is given to those selected by Allah. They can commit MINOR sins but major sins they supposedly do not commit (although Muhammad is guilty of many major sins).

Purpose of life is to submit yourself to the Will of Allah. Which means once you accept his Teachings the Holy Quran and His Prophet Muhammad then you must obey the Quran and Prophet Muhammad and do not question it at all.

satay
11 November 2009, 10:10 PM
Salut Francois,

Vous êtes Français? Quelle partie de la France?

L'islam est une religion arriérée et transforme les gens en terroristes.

Stick avec l'athéisme.

Francois
12 November 2009, 02:50 AM
Je ne suis pas francais..g suis reunionais.. Tous ces critiques j'ai l'habide d'entendre. Pourquoi agissait vous avec l'imbecilitè? Cette topic n'est pas destine a vous. C'est destinee aux musulmans, car ils connaissent leur foi mieux que vous! Quand je vous demande concernant votre foi, a ce moment la vous pouvez me repondre. Sinon, pour le moment, observez votre calm s'il vous plais.

Francois
12 November 2009, 02:53 AM
I am an ex muslim. God in Islam is an Authoritarian Deity who is both compassionate and Angry. He created the heavens and the earth and sent prophets to guide mankind. He orders slaughter of disbelievers unless the jews and christians pay Jizya (tax to be accepted in an islamic state) or convert to Islam, or they are to be killed. Others that are not jews and christians have the choice to convert or die.

Prophethood is given to those selected by Allah. They can commit MINOR sins but major sins they supposedly do not commit (although Muhammad is guilty of many major sins).

Purpose of life is to submit yourself to the Will of Allah. Which means once you accept his Teachings the Holy Quran and His Prophet Muhammad then you must obey the Quran and Prophet Muhammad and do not question it at all.

As a critic, you will of course say this. I want a sincere muslim

Spiritualseeker
12 November 2009, 06:18 AM
okay you can go to an islamic forum.

OM
-juan

Francois
12 November 2009, 07:59 AM
okay you can go to an islamic forum.

OM
-juan

If you can read french, read my last post.

satay
12 November 2009, 09:37 AM
namaskar,

Thanks for telling us that you are not French. I can see that you don't know how to write French either. Online translators only go so far...

Calling me stupid is not going to help your case. There are no muslims here to answer your question. Take the advice and either go to a mullah forum or stick with atheism.

Je ne suis pas francais..g suis reunionais.. Tous ces critiques j'ai l'habide d'entendre. Pourquoi agissait vous avec l'imbecilitè? Cette topic n'est pas destine a vous. C'est destinee aux musulmans, car ils connaissent leur foi mieux que vous! Quand je vous demande concernant votre foi, a ce moment la vous pouvez me repondre. Sinon, pour le moment, observez votre calm s'il vous plais.

atanu
12 November 2009, 09:50 AM
Hats off.

Francois
12 November 2009, 09:51 AM
namaskar,

Thanks for telling us that you are not French. I can see that you don't know how to write French either. Online translators only go so far...

Calling me stupid is not going to help your case. There are no muslims here to answer your question. Take the advice and either go to a mullah forum or stick with atheism.

je vous ais dja dis..g ne suis pa francais. Je peux m'exterioriser en francais, anglais, urdu, creol, e aussi bhojpuri. J'ai appris tou ces langues.

Ganeshprasad
12 November 2009, 09:54 AM
Pranam

As a critic, you will of course say this. I want a sincere muslim

Perhaps you can tell us what is a sincere Muslim?

Jai Shree Krishna

Harjas Kaur
12 November 2009, 10:19 AM
Francois
United States

Pourquoi agissait vous avec l'imbecilitè?All this drama for a few simple questions easily asked through Google search engine? Stick with atheism was sincerest and best advice.

Francois
12 November 2009, 11:05 AM
Francois
United States
All this drama for a few simple questions easily asked through Google search engine? Stick with atheism was sincerest and best advice.

Why? Do you see atheism a better way than hinduism?

Abominable Snowman
12 November 2009, 11:36 AM
I am somewhat well-versed in Islam and though I am not Muslim, I will try to give un-biased answers to your questions.

Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum. And i'm very confused about the islamic concept about God Almighty. Kindly explain.

Where exactly are you confused? The concept of God in Islam is pretty straight forward.

And what is the concept of prophethood?

Prophets are choosen by God to act as messengers to his creation and give the message to humanity such as his laws and so on. There is a really good book by Abraham J. Heschel titled The Prophets which explores and explains the abrahamic conception of prophet and prophethood. I highly recommend it.

What is Islam?

Islam means submission and this submission is to Allah, the title Muslim means "one who submits to God." Islam can be summed up by the shahadah.

".أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمدا رسول الله"

"'ashadu anna laa ilāha illa Allah, wa ashadu anna Muhammada rasulo Allah."

"There is no god but God, and Muhammad is the Messenger of God."

What is the purpose of life?

To obey the laws of God, worship God, pray to God, help the poor, orphans and people in need and live a good life. Pretty much the same as all the other religions aside from Buddhism.

I'm an atheist. I don't believe in religion.

That's silly, religion does exist, that's a fact, do you mean you don't believe in a God?

because i don't trust any islamic site

Why?

Harjas Kaur
12 November 2009, 11:42 AM
Why? Do you see atheism a better way than hinduism?I see one less Muslim as better for Hinduism since for hundreds of years they brought nothing but suffering and persecution to Indian people. I'm sorry you think generational wars of intolerant cultural genocide and forced conversions under torture by Muslims against Hindus is some kind of high point. All we can see is persistence of the same with radical jihadis sending suicide squads to massacre unarmed and unsuspecting people. So, yes, given the alternative it's better for you to remain an atheist.

http://gurmat.info/sms/smsarticles/sikhmartyrs/kakahakikatrai/haqiqatraebeingbeheaded.jpg
Brutal history of forced conversions under threat of death

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3180/3090229760_3e50e8663f.jpg
Victims of 2008 Mumbai attack

Ekanta
12 November 2009, 12:12 PM
“Allah is the light of the heavens and the earth. The allegory of His light is that of a concave mirror behind a lamp that is placed inside a glass container. The glass container is like a bright, pearl-like star. The fuel thereof is supplied from a blessed oil-producing tree, that is neither eastern, nor western. Its oil is almost self-radiating; needs no fire to ignite it. Light upon light. Allah guides to His light whoever wills (to be guided). Allah thus cites the parables for the people. Allah is fully aware of all things.” (Sura 24:35)

“Another allegory is that of being in total darkness in the midst of a violent ocean, with waves upon waves, in addition to thick fog. Darkness upon darkness - if he looked at his own hand, he could barely see it. Whomever Allah deprives of light, will have no light.” (Sura 24:40)

“Allah is nearer to man than his jugular vein.” (Sura 50:6)

“Verily we are for Allah, and verily unto Him we are returning.” (Sura 2:156)

There is actually no evil in Quran, but in people’s mind only. OK so there are harsh punishments in Quran, but so there are in Manu smriti.

What most people don’t get is that there is an eternal dharma which can’t be put into a book; it’s also called conscience or ATMA-dharma or amrita-dharma or swa-dharma. The other dharmas are adapted to time and place and can never be eternal. This goes for Quran law as well as Manu-dharma, Varna-dharma, Grihastha-dharma etc.

"They verily who follow this immortal Dharma [Amrita-dharma] as described above, endowed with faith, regarding Me as their supreme goal, they, the devotees, are exceedingly dear to Me." (Bhagavad Gita 12:20)

Krishna doesn’t instruct Varna-dharma to Arjuna, he speaks about Amrita-dharma.
As long as people don’t follow this Amrita-dharma (conscience) there will be trouble in the world. Because what they follow is not Krishna’s instruction but their own selfish interests and worldly interpretations.

Thus is the dispute solved in an instant.

Harjas Kaur
12 November 2009, 12:20 PM
What is the purpose of life?
To obey the laws of God, worship God, pray to God, help the poor, orphans and people in need and live a good life. Pretty much the same as all the other religions aside from Buddhism.You forgot the part about killing kaffirs.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3170/3084939460_4ba3153661.jpg
Mumbai 26/11 song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIZsJUOhH-s

Harjas Kaur
12 November 2009, 12:32 PM
There is actually no evil in Quran, but in people’s mind only. OK so there are harsh punishments in Quran, but so there are in Manu smriti.Can Manu Smriti be said to be without British manipulation? Can Manu Smriti be the same to Hindu's as Quran is to Muslims, the very Word of God? It's not even Sruti.

Slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush. (Sura 9:5)

Sura 2:187-189 “And kill them wherever ye shall find them.”

“Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him.” (Hadith 9:45; 84.2.57.)

Sura 8:57 “So if you gain the mastery over them in war, punish them severely in order to disperse those who are behind them, so that they may learn a lesson.”

“Slay the idolaters [infidels] wherever ye find them. ...Fight against those who ... believe not in Allah nor the Last Day” (Sura 5:51; 9:5,29,41).

Fight them, and God will punish, them by your hands, cover them with shame. (Surah 9:14 at-Taubah 9:14)

Sura 4:168: “Those who reject [Islamic] Faith, Allah will not forgive them nor guide them to any path except the way to Hell, to dwell therein forever."

Sura 59:4,5 “That is because they resisted Allah and His Messenger: and if any one resists Allah, verily Allah is severe in punishment. Whether you cut down O you Muslims the tender palm-trees, or if you left them standing on their roots, it was by leave of Allah, and in order that He might cover with shame the rebellious transgressors.”

Sura 8:39-40: “Say to the infidels: If they desist from their unbelief, what is now past shall be forgiven them; but if they return to it, they have already before them the doom of the ancients! Fight then against them till strife be at an end, and the religion be all of it God's.”

Somebody needs to read Quran and it's Hadiths before saying that. Intolerant slaughtering of unbelievers is the worst religious teaching!

Ekanta
12 November 2009, 12:43 PM
The nature of a demon is to cause conflict.

satay
12 November 2009, 12:49 PM
namaskar,

je vous ais dja dis..g ne suis pa francais. Je peux m'exterioriser en francais, anglais, urdu, creol, e aussi bhojpuri. J'ai appris tou ces langues.

Oh right, I forgot. You are from Mauritius...

Abominable Snowman
12 November 2009, 02:24 PM
You forgot the part about killing kaffirs.

Oh, but of course mon cher, strange how Islam is so bloody and ruthless considering it's that kind of thing Muhammad faced when he was in Mecca.

However I do think you need to re-read surah 5 in which it states those who kill someone it's as if they killed all of mankind and those who save a life it's as if they have saved all of mankind. It puzzle me why this ayat is so over-looked by Muslims and non-Muslims alike.

satay
12 November 2009, 02:32 PM
namaskar again,

I want a sincere muslim

There is no 'sincere' muslim here on HDF. This is why the suggestion that you should go elsewhere.

Spiritualseeker
12 November 2009, 03:00 PM
Oh, but of course mon cher, strange how Islam is so bloody and ruthless considering it's that kind of thing Muhammad faced when he was in Mecca.

However I do think you need to re-read surah 5 in which it states those who kill someone it's as if they killed all of mankind and those who save a life it's as if they have saved all of mankind. It puzzle me why this ayat is so over-looked by Muslims and non-Muslims alike.

Yes but that is talking about killing someone who is innocent. In islam innocent is not how its viewed in the west. In Islam the BLOOD and WEALTH of the Kuffar (disbelievers) are halal (permissible). WIth the exception of those whom pay the jizya (tax to be accepted as a citizen in an Islamic state) or they convert (Become muslim), if they do not pay jizya, or convert then one can be killed. People like to say that Jihad is defensive, however it originally was defensive but later ayaat shows support for offensive jihad. That is why Muhammad predicted persia falling and the Romans. Allah the god of muhammad is blood thirsty. It is like the old abrahamic way of destroying that which is of disbelief.

When I was a muslim I used to contemplate of the oppression being done to muslims, but I also had the thought that if there was a functioning islamic empire today, then there would be more wars caused by Islam in order to spread its power and expansion as well as guide others to Islam. That is why in offensive jihad the muslims call the people to islam and if they refuse they tell them to pay jizya, if they refuse that then they are at war.

I have much proof for what I say. I challenge any muslim on this. A old friend of mine tries to debate me to get me to become muslim again, yet he has to admit killing and terrorism is supported. He will even say "I dont want to discuss this over the phone in case the fbi is listening". Why? Because he knows the proofs are there. I used to have a CD lecture of Anwar Awlaki (the blood thirsty imam who praised Hasan the fort hood murderer) and Anwar Awlaki was showing proof after proof of Jihad, its value, its purpose (to raise the name of Allah to be uppermost), and methods (such as terrorism). Authentic proofs point to the evils of Islam. I dont have hatred against muslims, but I see the disturbing facts of Islam.

OM
-juan

satay
12 November 2009, 03:09 PM
Admin Note

Namaskar,

I am closing this thread for now. Francois and his other incarnations have been redirected out of HDF for the time being.

I think we all have better things to do than to talk about this topic.