PDA

View Full Version : Why does Devi not protect the women of this world?

Jade
11 November 2009, 09:49 AM
When Devi Ma is Supreme Reality, why does She not protect the women of our world?
All over the world women suffer terribly from violence of men.
Women have to do hard work and get less food.
Women get bashed and raped.
Women in some countries get genital mutilated.
Why does Devi not protect women?

amra
11 November 2009, 11:44 AM
She herself causes the abuse of women through her maya.

Harjas Kaur
11 November 2009, 02:19 PM
We ourselves bring the suffering because of wrong deeds. Earth is a school of hard knocks for the soul. Evil is the blackboard on which the fragrance of good deeds is clearly seen. Stronger beings oppress the weaker. People divided against themselves oppress even their own families and communities.

ਸਚਿ ਕਾਲੁ ਕੂੜੁ ਵਰਤਿਆ ਕਲਿ ਕਾਲਖ ਬੇਤਾਲ ॥
sach kaal koorr varathiaa kal kaalakh baethaal ||
There is a famine of Truth; falsehood prevails, and the blackness of the Dark Age of Kali Yuga has turned men into demons.
~SGGS Ji ang 478

The Uncreated Divine created this sansaar out of three gunas and holding together with the illusory power of Maya. Maya and gunas are not "evils" nor are they injustice. The evil is that "we" don't control our inclinations. We can't blame the inclinations. But the quality of existence contains the delusive element and like gravity desires keep us in bondage. Just like the atma isn't really male or female, and in different lives the jiv is only oppressing forms of itself. God is beyond qualities of male or female. But the God embodies all qualities and is our Divine Devi Maa.

ਏਕਾ ਮਾਈ ਜੁਗਤਿ ਵਿਆਈ ਤਿਨਿ ਚੇਲੇ ਪਰਵਾਣੁ ॥
eaekaa maaee jugath viaaee thin chaelae paravaan ||
The One Divine Mother conceived and gave birth to the three deities.

ਇਕੁ ਸੰਸਾਰੀ ਇਕੁ ਭੰਡਾਰੀ ਇਕੁ ਲਾਏ ਦੀਬਾਣੁ ॥
eik sansaaree eik bhanddaaree eik laaeae dheebaan ||
One, the Creator of the World; One, the Sustainer; and One, the Destroyer.
~SGGS Ji ang 7

Your question is why is there suffering and injustice? It's not the fault of Devi. She is ultimately our liberator as well as Maya itself. Evil and injustice are faults of people who don't try to be good and are permeated with bad qualities that make suffering situations for others. Devi allows this because this sansaar is the ocean of suffering. We are not in a heaven loka. We are in a place closer to hell consciousness. Everything on this planet is a reflection of all of our mentalities. And we are having nightmares of suffering and death. Devi did not give us low mentalities. But collectively our spiritual development is very low as human beings. So we should pray to Maa Ji to please help us be better people so we can become the protection the world needs. In lifting others up we can lift ourselves up.

BG 16.16: Thus perplexed by various anxieties and bound by a network of illusions, they become too strongly attached to sense enjoyment and fall down into hell.
BG 16.17: Self-complacent and always impudent, deluded by wealth and false prestige, they sometimes proudly perform sacrifices in name only, without following any rules or regulations.
BG 16.18: Bewildered by false ego, strength, pride, lust and anger, the demons become envious of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is situated in their own bodies and in the bodies of others, and blaspheme against the real religion.
BG 16.19: Those who are envious and mischievous, who are the lowest among men, I perpetually cast into the ocean of material existence, into various demoniac species of life.
BG 16.20: Attaining repeated birth amongst the species of demoniac life, O son of Kuntī, such persons can never approach Me. Gradually they sink down to the most abominable type of existence.
BG 16.21: There are three gates leading to this hell — lust, anger and greed. Every sane man should give these up, for they lead to the degradation of the soul.

Aapatsu Magnah Smaranam Tvadeeyam Karomi Durge Karunarna Veshi I
Naitaccha Thatvam Mum Methah Kshudhartrisharta Jananim Smaranti II
Meaning: O Compassionate Goddess Durga! If I remember you after falling
in trouble and not before, please do not treat me like a dishonest rogue for
the reason that all children yell for mother when they are troubled.

Jagdamb Vichitramatra Kim Paripoorna Karunaasti Chenmayi I
Aparadha Parampara Param Na Hi Mata Samupekshate Sutam II
Meaning: O Mother of the World! If you still show your kindness towards me
should not cause any surprise for the reason, if a son has bent on committing sin
after sin, still his mother does not abandon him.

Matsamah Palaki Nasti Papaghni Twatsama Na Hi I
Evam Gyatva Mahadevi Yatha Yogyam Tatha Kuru II
Meaning: O Maa Durga! I am the greatest sinner and you are the greatest
sin-destroyer. Considering this fact in mind, kindly do whatever you think proper.
~Durga Mantra http://www.iloveindia.com/spirituality/mantras/durga-mantra.html

atanu
12 November 2009, 01:14 AM
She herself causes the abuse of women through her maya.

Namaste Amra ji

Ya. We advaitins will say: By maya (magical) power of Ishwara, who is resident in heart, one acts deluded like an automaton and is pained.

But Devi is pure consciousness.
-----------------------

To Jade:

Namaste Jade

If wind flows in one direction, then it has to flow in opposite direction also. Wind is prAna-life. It is like that only. It is called karma. But do not be disheartened.

False-mistaken association of oneself with prAna and lower things and not to the Self causes all the misunderstandings. It is to be experienced as Buddha taught: There is pain but there is no one pained.

Om Namah Shivaya

kd gupta
12 November 2009, 03:32 AM
Mother protects SON first , Kekayee in Ramayan lost her husband to protect her son . This is the duty of son to protect the woman and not the duty of devi .

This should also be kept in mind that mother bears every month , the pain and the labour pain , a man is never supposed to .
Prakriti has made the man , an animal without horns and tail .

amra
12 November 2009, 09:45 AM
Wah Ji, a very good point Mr Gupta

Ma has made men with capabilities to evolve, we are free to a certain extent to make choices, this is the gift of Prakriti , a gift that bears huge responsibility. Why blame the supreme reality and not the men? Men have refused the responsibility and when men degenerate they cause women to do so also.

Hiwaunis
14 November 2009, 10:55 PM
Pranam,
Who are the women of this world none other than the men of this world in a previous birth. Unfortunately, we are reaping what we have sowed.

Namaste,

Eastern Mind
15 November 2009, 07:37 AM
Pranam,
Who are the women of this world none other than the men of this world in a previous birth. Unfortunately, we are reaping what we have sowed.

Namaste,

I just want to add to this, Hiwaunis ... So everyone needs to heed this lesson, and behave appropriately in this life. We need to be non-violent examples to our family, friends and neighbours. It is one thing to state intellectually about karma, and then another to put the concept into practise.

Some people tend to put themselves outside of karmic law. So they beat their wives, their servants, their children, all the while saying, "It must be their karma." All the time not realising that they are accruing it as they do the beatings. For teenagers we call it colloquially the "I am invincible" syndrome.

Violence starts in the home, so that is where it needs to end. I am sad to say that it wasn't until 2004 that Canada's supreme court banned corporal punishment of children in our schools.

Aum Namasivaya