PDA

View Full Version : Miracle!!

satay
20 August 2006, 05:37 PM
I was just part of a miracle! Lord krishna's statue is drinking milk and I personally fed him half a glass of milk!!

an atheist like me would never had believed this if I didn't witness it myself!

amazing!!

What to say...I am have no words to describe it.

nekozuki
20 August 2006, 09:49 PM
Question...I hear this is happening all over India. Are all the deitys' statues drinking milk?????? Okay, this is happening more than once. In 1995, it was explainable and now this is just too weird.

satay
20 August 2006, 11:05 PM
Question...I hear this is happening all over India. Are all the deitys' statues drinking milk?????? Okay, this is happening more than once. In 1995, it was explainable and now this is just too weird.

I don't know if this is happening all over india but I am canada. My brother( who also lives in the same city in canada) phoned me this evening around 4.30 pm (around 3.30 am India time) and told me that krishna murtis are drinking milk...and if I had a krisna murti in my home then I could offer milk. But unfortunately I do not have krishna murti in my home so I drove to my brother's house with my wife and daughter to see if this was true or some kind of joke...

My whole family was already sitting there offering milk for an hour; more than a glass of milk had been offered by my mother, father, my younger brothers and my sister in law. When we arrived I still was not sure if this was actually happening and said in a joking way...let me see what the big deal is...

I offered a spoon of milk thinking what a joke...this statue is not going to drink milk... within a few seconds the milk disappeared from the spoon right in front of my eyes!! I couldn't believe my eyes and started checking the little statue that was covered with clothing as most hindu murtis usually are...the clothes of the murti were dry and the statue was stone cold from absorbing the cold milk I suppose!

after that my wife (who is christian) also offered milk and it was gone...she offered several spoons... all gone! then my little daughter...same thing...

then I sat there with amazement...my hands shaking the whole time as I watched spoon after spoon of milk disappearing and the glass emptying! this went on for about 45 minutes. .. keep in mind that my family had already offered almost glass of milk already and on top of that this glass...

amazing... I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't experience it with my own eyes and with my own hands...

oh...by the way, my brother found out because someone in india phoned him telling him that the whole city is awake and the temples are full of lines of people offering milk to krishna...it was around 3 am in India.

I also offered milk to shiva statues that sit in my home but no milk was accepted by them. It seems that only krishna murtis were accepting milk until a few hours ago...

a few days ago was krishna janamashtami...

nekozuki
20 August 2006, 11:12 PM
Well, Satay I am not joking or lying but my Vishnu statue started drinking milk about 45 mins ago. I also am shaken and weirded out....seriously this is freaking me out. What does this mean???? :dunno: :confused:

saidevo
20 August 2006, 11:29 PM
It was on Sep 21, 1995, around the time of Ganesh Chaturti that Ganesha murtis all over the world started consuming milk offered to them! The whole episode lasted for 72 hours.

This year, Ganesh Chaturti is on 27th Aug, and Krishna Janmashtami just passed round the corner. And last week there was a bomb blast in the ISKCON temple at Imphal that killed two devotees, injured one guru and several others.

What is the message the Lord is conveying?

satay
20 August 2006, 11:53 PM
Well, Satay I am not joking or lying but my Vishnu statue started drinking milk about 45 mins ago. I also am shaken and weirded out....seriously this is freaking me out. What does this mean???? :dunno: :confused:

freaked and weirded out is exactly what I feel! It is one thing to 'pray to a statue' and totally another when it actually drinks milk out of your hand!!! What the????

My degree in engineering provides no explanation...I am out of words;

I wish I had a statue of my own...

Ganesha is supposed to be the first one in every puja etc. I wonder if there is a cosmic 'something' going on...1995 ganesha starts this and now lord himself...who is next???

I bet in the future we will see Bhagwan Shiva's murti drinking cartons of milk!

nekozuki
21 August 2006, 12:18 AM
Simply this. There is no rational explanation.... we have to rely on faith when it comes to things like this.:hug:

satay
21 August 2006, 12:24 AM
http://www.ndtv.com/morenews/showmorestory.asp?slug=Countrywide+reports+of+idols+drinking+milk&id=91872&category=National

http://www.ndtv.com/morenews/showmorestory.asp?category=National&slug=Reports+of+idols+drinking+milk+in+UP&id=91867

http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1048452

sarabhanga
21 August 2006, 10:14 AM
Namaste,

In 1995 (Sept. 21) a Ganesha murti in Delhi began sipping milk from a spoon. The news spread rapidly, and for just one day there were similar cases all over India. Not only Ganesha, but also Shiva, Parvati, and Durga, and various Nagas and Nandis were all seen to drink milk on that day. And expert Jyotish claimed that such an event was rare, but occurred about once every 100 years. As the news spread, the same phenomenon began to be observed all over the world.

The recent events began in Bareilly (UP) with a Durga murti sipping milk, and soon Ganesha, Shiva, Parvati, and Krishna, were also reported.

I have seen a copper Naga sipping milk (and it apparently does so on any occasion), and of course there are some dark stone, spirit (mostly whiskey) drinking Bhairavas. In most of the reported milk-drinking miracles, however, the statues seem to be of milk-white stone or ceramic.

Many statues will draw liquid up out of a spoon, by simple capillary action, but if the murti has no internal capillaries, and its surface and outer garments remain dry, then this certainly is an amazing occurrence!

satay
21 August 2006, 10:27 AM
the murti that I offered milk to is a small (probably half of my hand) murthi of bhagwan krishna in a young 'gopala' image. It is made up of copper. The clothes were a bit wet from my daughter and my brother's daughter spilling some of the milk offered to the murthi.

But later, my brother took off the clothing of the murthi and it still accepted milk...no milk was being spilled anywhere.

I can understand the capillary reaction but why only yesterday and for only those few hours? :headscratch:

The shiva and durga murthis (some made of stone and some made of copper) in my home did not accept any milk.

satay
21 August 2006, 10:31 AM
I remember reading one of OSHO's books...he was saying about miracles of jesus. Can't remember his exact words but he said something along the lines of:
'walking on water is meaningless...it doesn't do anything for a man...it doesn't transform a man...it doesn't transform his being...it doesn't make him a better man...'

At the time I read this I agreed with OSHO now I have modified my agreement and think that ...yes it may not transform a man, yes it may not change a man, yes it may not even make him a better man...but miracles like that could produce 'faith' in some men and leave others with their heads scratching. :headscratch:

satay
21 August 2006, 10:43 AM
http://www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0,,2-10-1462_1986044,00.html

'Mass religious hysteria'

But scientists said it was a repeat of a similar hysteria in the country in 1995, when devotees had claimed that Lord Ganesha, the elephant-headed god of Wisdom was consuming milk.

Scientists explained it was basic physics at work. They said the phenomenon occurred due to the capillary action as the surface tension of the milk pulled the liquid up and out of the spoon, before gravity caused it to run down in front of the statue.

"The reason behind people thronging temples with pots and pans filled with milk could be termed a mass religious hysteria caused by gullibility and scientific ignorance," eminent scientist Professor Yash Pal told the PTI news agency.

:)

TruthSeeker
21 August 2006, 11:05 AM
The scientist to his way, the devotee to his way. Who cares for a scientist in these matters anyway?

I dare not test God (what if he negates!), so no experiment was performed. The incident ought to be true, yes, God does prove himself sometimes and miracles are possible. Dharma needs the message of faith from time to time. If people cant instill the faith, then Lord will. Those who witnessed the incidents are not going to fall for money and other incentives to sell their faith from now onwards.:)

Stop listening to scientists dear Hindus. Their domain is different, and when science has enough knowledge of God, let them poke their nose into these matters..

satay
21 August 2006, 11:18 AM
If people cant instill the faith, then Lord will. Those who witnessed the incidents are not going to fall for money and other incentives to sell their faith from now onwards.:)

Agreed! For sure me and my family including my christian wife will not fall into advertisements of 'adharmic' religions.

Re: Scientists...let science first develop a cure for the common cold...then we will talk. :ill:

:crazy:

Znanna
21 August 2006, 07:52 PM
I'm for allowing the joyful experience of a miracle without dissection :)

Cool!

Love,

ZN
(seen some weird stuff along the way)

satay
22 August 2006, 11:03 AM
I'm for allowing the joyful experience of a miracle without dissection :)

Cool!

Love,

ZN
(seen some weird stuff along the way)

namaste Znanna,
You are quite correct. I agree.

This reminds of an incidence a few years back. I was in another country and a friend of mine took me to show different places in the city.

We walked through this park and suddenly I saw this flower that looked so beautiful in the morning sunlight...

Now, I am not the kind of guy that stops to smell the flowers or even look at them but suddenly in that moment I was drawn to that flower and just for a second stood there to have a good look at it...a thought was going through my brian..."wow! beautiful" and suddenly I heard my friend...he had started talking about 'this flower is blah blah blah...

He had ruined the split second of beauty I was experiencing with his explanation of how that flower was so different than the others etc. :blah:

:cool1:

satay
22 August 2006, 11:07 AM
I also noticed that in the reports particularly from Indian media, the reporters were trying to make 'indians and hindus' look dumb and uneducated.

Did anyone else notice it? or is it just me?

Also, what's the deal with calling this 'hindu gods' hindu gods is an oxymoron in my opinion. It is GOD or nothing.

This could be because of the mass advertisement of adharmic religions that 'GOD' is thought of the bible god automatically.

I say we need to change the popular culture and refine "GOD" and so in line with this, I will not be calling Bhagwan bhagwan anymore...I will be calling his "GOD" from now on.

:D

Znanna
22 August 2006, 05:52 PM
I also noticed that in the reports particularly from Indian media, the reporters were trying to make 'indians and hindus' look dumb and uneducated.

Did anyone else notice it? or is it just me?

Also, what's the deal with calling this 'hindu gods' hindu gods is an oxymoron in my opinion. It is GOD or nothing.

This could be because of the mass advertisement of adharmic religions that 'GOD' is thought of the bible god automatically.

I say we need to change the popular culture and refine "GOD" and so in line with this, I will not be calling Bhagwan bhagwan anymore...I will be calling his "GOD" from now on.

:D

I like to refer to Them/HEr as *Godz* :)

Master or Mistress also works!

ZN
(mixing metaphors)

saidevo
22 August 2006, 10:01 PM
Not just that. The New Indian Express issue dated Aug 22, 2006 also refers to a news item that runs:

"Perfumed water from Mary idol"

"Kochi, Aug.21: Devotees are thronging a house at nearby Velli in Fort Kochi to witness perfumed water reportedly dripping from the statues of Virgin Mary, a day after idols of Durga, Shiva and Ganesh temples across North India drank milk offered by the faithful.

"The perfumed water began dripping from the statue of Mother Mary kept at the altar of a house at nearby Velli yesterday.

"People are bringing their rosaries and touching the statue with the same, those who witnessed it said, claiming it as a miracle. PTI"

Seems to our scientists it is surface tension and mass hysteria only with the Hindu. Christian idols are entitled to perform miracles that our scientific community would witness dumbstruck. What do we do with these people and the heartless media?

Incidentally, many Sai devotees have known to have witnessed dripping of nectar, oil and vibuti from even the framed pictures of Sri Shirdi and Satya Sai Baba and other Gods. The scientific community was not able to offer any convincing explanations for these miracles.

Once Sri Satya Sai Baba changed a piece of rock to kalkandu (sugar candy) under the very nose of a witness Indian scientist who became his devotee.

People who believe/disbelieve Satya Sai Baba may well visit this link and come to their own strengthened conclusions:
http://www.saibaba-aclearview.com/

nekozuki
22 August 2006, 10:13 PM
Oh,please the Christians started making **** up after they heard what the Hindu statues were doing...and no one will say anything about that huh. If the Virgin Mary was crying tears let's say in December and it was not in India I would've said okay...no explanation....but with this the Christians are trying to make everything look miraculous when another religion has a miracle. Intolerant monotheism folks...see what it does :po:

satay
23 August 2006, 01:49 AM
indian 'secularists' do more damage than any adharmic religion can do. I can't believe this nonsense of indian media. But then again...this is an old habit of us indians, isn't it? this is why we were slaves for hundreds of years...we have no respect for each other let alone our religion. Others don't need to make a mockery of us we make a mockery of our own 'uneducated' people who don't understand 'capalliary' reaction and how it works!!!
:po:

how to shut down these 'indian'?

nekozuki
23 August 2006, 02:09 PM
Saidevo do you have anything else on Sai Baba....I'm a bit skeptical of him and I read the site but want to know more.

saidevo
23 August 2006, 09:39 PM
Namaste Nekozuki,

Here are some more links on Baba:

http://www.bababooks.org/index.html
http://www.saibabaofindia.com/index.html
http://www.saibaba.ws/index.html
http://www.saibaba-aclearview.com/
http://www.srisathyasai.org.in/Pages/Devotees_Experiences/devotees_exp.htm
http://www.saibabamiracles.com/baba/index.html
http://www.osaibaba.com/mandir.htm
http://www.eaisai.com/baba/

All the best on your efforts. Sairam.

nekozuki
23 August 2006, 10:13 PM
Thanks Saidevo! I have checked more sites and have found that most accusations of him being involved in sexual activity are false...just a lot of anti Hindu remarks. Quite honestly, I think one should experience these things themselves instead of listening to other people...thank you Saidevo for enlightening me on this subject.

saidevo
23 August 2006, 10:43 PM
Nameste Nekozuki,

Any enlightenment is from Sai only. We are only his instruments.

There is only one religion, the religion of Love;
There is only one language, the language of the Heart;
There is only one caste, the caste of Humanity;
There is only one law, the law of Karma;
There is only one God, He is Omnipresent.
-- Bhagavan Sri Satya Sai Baba

Vrindavan
07 September 2006, 01:18 AM
Hello all

any one has videos taken for recent milk miracle event ?

Milk Miracle Aug 21 2006
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sdYlRBISmU

Milk Miracle 1995
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfRoJxv3nbY

satay
07 September 2006, 08:54 AM
Hello all

any one has videos taken for recent milk miracle event ?

namaste,
We were too excited while the event was going on. I only thought of taking the video later on but at that point the murti had stopped accepting the offerings.

Vrindavan
07 September 2006, 09:26 AM
As digital camera is far more common than 11 years ago, i guess more people has taken some private video or at least some pictures of this event in 2006

Please ask and share

Milk Miracle Aug 21 2006
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sdYlRBISmU

Znanna
07 September 2006, 06:38 PM
Supernatural thingys are difficult to catch on camera, unless specifically intended, which seems to require a particular kind of participation by the picture-taker.

JMO

ZN

Vrindavan
07 September 2006, 06:52 PM
>> Supernatural thingys are difficult to catch on camera, unless specifically intended

disagree
- depends on how long the event last ( a few seconds/minutes vs. a whole day )
- location ( village vs city )
- camera nearby ( now many people have mobile/dc with them daily all the time )

Znanna
08 September 2006, 04:14 AM
>> Supernatural thingys are difficult to catch on camera, unless specifically intended

disagree

I suggest you try, then, and see how many of those shots "come out".

:)

ZN

Sudarshan
08 September 2006, 04:28 AM

disagree

There are many Bhaktas who experience God in many ways. You think you could catch them on camera?:)

Vrindavan
08 September 2006, 06:47 AM
>> experience God in many ways

this thread is about statues accepting milk offering,
not other miracles you can think of

saidevo
08 September 2006, 12:13 PM
The following is from a mail I received recently. The mail is doing rounds since Mar 2004.

The bride who is a devotee of Baba went along with her parents to Shirdi a few days before her marriage. She grew so emotional there that she wept before the Samadhi of Baba with an invitation to attend her marriage.

Later the marriage was performed as planned. After the marriage celebrations was over the bride remembered her prayer to Baba at Shirdi and then wept in the night just before going to bed that she never experienced Baba's presence during the marriage.

That night Baba came in her dream and said: "Do not feel sad. I was there during your marriage. Open the album of photographs of your marriage and see the photo where you are all going in the procession. You can see me in that photo."

This is the photograph attached to the mail:

c.smith
08 September 2006, 04:00 PM
It's amazing to watch the videos, see the picture from the post above - yes, thay are Miracles!!!

Let the world believe what it will - we know through the grace of the Gods that they are speaking to us, in our hearts and our minds. Somehow I feel that we can expect to see more miracles soon. We need to keep our faith in the age of Kali Yuga!!

Vrindavan
10 September 2006, 03:42 AM
Idols emit water, 'miracle' draws devotees
[ 9 Sep, 2006 1734hrs ISThttp://images.photogallery.indiatimes.com/images/spacer.gifPTI ]

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1973452.cms

who are those Jain Gods ?
Same as Hindu ?

Skillganon
10 September 2006, 01:19 PM
The following is from a mail I received recently. The mail is doing rounds since Mar 2004.

This is the photograph attached to the mail:

Interesting. I looked at the photograph, so which one is the Baba?

Can you help me to identify him? :)

saidevo
10 September 2006, 09:03 PM
The Moon (god) shines by the Light and Truth of the Sun (god).

It is no surprise that a (blind) follower of the Moon (god) can't identify the Sun (god) or admit the fact that the Sun (god) is the source of everything including the Moon (god).

asato ma sadgamaya
tamaso ma jyotir gamaya
mrityorma amritam gamaya
om shanti shanti shantihi

Lead me from the unreal to the real; from darkness to the light from death to immortality.

Skillganon
10 September 2006, 09:11 PM
The Moon (god) shines by the Light and Truth of the Sun (god).

It is no surprise that a (blind) follower of the Moon (god) can't identify the Sun (god) or admit the fact that the Sun (god) is the source of everything including the Moon (god).

asato ma sadgamaya
tamaso ma jyotir gamaya
mrityorma amritam gamaya
om shanti shanti shantihi

Lead me from the unreal to the real; from darkness to the light from death to immortality.

It is no suprise that blind followers of the sun (god) are blind, to much staring at the sun in adoration makes one blind to the truth, sinking them into deeper darkness.

"Among His Signs are the Night and the Day, and the Sun and the Moon. Adore not the sun and the moon, but adore God, Who created them, if it is Him ye wish to serve. (The Noble Quran, 41:37)"
-----------------------------------------------------------

Allthough how pleasing one answer must sound to ones own ear, one has not provided any assistance to the pertaining matter.

Peace,

Skill.

saidevo
10 September 2006, 09:41 PM
It is no suprise that blind followers of the sun (god) are blind, to much staring at the sun in adoration makes one blind to the truth, sinking them into deeper darkness.

Science has proved that the sun is the origin of the moon. Hindu Scriptures have proved (thanks to Sarabhanga) in this forum that the Sun (god) is the origin of the Moon (god) and that the latter is a subset of the former.

Hindus do try to stare at the Sun (god), but with their eyes closed, and that perhaps gives the impression of blindness to a casual onlooker. The exalted philosophies of Hinduism that rightly identify the Sun as the representative of Brahman are no comparison to any other soruces of knowledge.

Skillganon
10 September 2006, 09:58 PM
Science has proved that the sun is the origin of the moon. Hindu Scriptures have proved (thanks to Sarabhanga) in this forum that the Sun (god) is the origin of the Moon (god) and that the latter is a subset of the former.

Hindus do try to stare at the Sun (god), but with their eyes closed, and that perhaps gives the impression of blindness to a casual onlooker. The exalted philosophies of Hinduism that rightly identify the Sun as the representative of Brahman are no comparison to any other soruces of knowledge.
:Cool:

Now can we keep in track with the original topic, and provide any assistance to what I asked originaly. :cool1:

sarabhanga
10 September 2006, 11:57 PM
Namaste,

The solar lords descended and the lunar lords arose, and historically the followers of Ila (i.e. Agni-Rudra-Shiva as Soma ~ thus the lunar lords) were the original inheritors of the Sindhu plains.

The solar aryans extended their influence, and by about 1,000 BC they had gained control of the preisthood and the Trayi-vidya (i.e. orthodox vaidika Dharma) is entirely framed from their own solar perspective.

The fourth Atharvangirasa represents a compilation of the original knowledge of the lunar lords of Sindhu and Sarasvati.

And, in some respects, both orthodox Judaism and orthodox Islam are actually very close to the most ancient traditions of (pre-aryan) Sanatana Dharma.

Sudarshan
11 September 2006, 01:30 AM

"Among His Signs are the Night and the Day, and the Sun and the Moon. Adore not the sun and the moon, but adore God, Who created them, if it is Him ye wish to serve. (The Noble Quran, 41:37)"
-----------------------------------------------------------

Allthough how pleasing one answer must sound to ones own ear, one has not provided any assistance to the pertaining matter.

Peace,

Skill.

The sun refers to Atma(God) and moon to Manas(mind). No Hindu worships the physical sun or the moon. How will you understand Hindu philosophy with a book like quran which has only some history, stories, myth, politics and some ethics in it?

Indeed the sun is the origin of everything, including the moon.:)

Skillganon
12 September 2006, 09:41 PM
The sun refers to Atma(God) and moon to Manas(mind). No Hindu worships the physical sun or the moon. How will you understand Hindu philosophy with a book like quran which has only some history, stories, myth, politics and some ethics in it?

Indeed the sun is the origin of everything, including the moon.:)

Can you keep to the topic and not derail this thread. So any help to what I asked before? :dunno:

atanu
13 September 2006, 08:46 AM
Can you keep to the topic and not derail this thread. So any help to what I asked before? :dunno:

Namaste and salam

Baba is the old man with white beard and with head scarf near the top left hand side of the photo.

saidevo
13 September 2006, 09:04 AM
Namaste and salam
Baba is the old man with white beard and with head scarf near the top right hand side of the photo.

Namaste Atul.

Do you think a muslim does not know or cannot identify Baba?

Vrindavan
13 September 2006, 09:29 AM
>>top right hand

left or right ?

atanu
14 September 2006, 08:20 AM
>>top right hand

left or right ?

Sorry. Left. I have now edited in the original post.

atanu
14 September 2006, 08:23 AM
Namaste Atul.

Do you think a muslim does not know or cannot identify Baba?

Namaste Saidevo Ji,

I would not pre-suppose. Someone may or may not have an agenda but that would be his problem.

By the way, I am Atanu, not Atul.

Regards

Skillganon
14 September 2006, 06:45 PM
Namaste and salam

Baba is the old man with white beard and with head scarf near the top left hand side of the photo.

Thank's. I can see :cool1:.

So how does it make it a miracle? :rolleyes:

Their is so many old man with with beard in India.

saidevo
14 September 2006, 11:13 PM
Namaste Atanu Banerjee,

I told you. Do you still think you could explain further to our friend here? He does not seem to have come here with an open mind to learn. You can see that in his first post. He has an agenda which is to criticize our concepts, make fun of our beliefs, and worse, foolishly try to convince us of the superiority of the ways and means of Islam, like his mentor Dr.Zakir Naik. For him, his God Allah who was created by his prophet Mohammad in the 7th century, precedes and supersedes every other concept of the One God. Any expansion of the concept to a hierarchy of Gods is anathema to him. And Mohammad is the last of the world's prophets who cannot be succeeded or excelled by any other. All this because he is a true Muslim who is committed to Islam and its teachings.

So as true Hindus, how do we deal with such vain and ignorant souls?

sm78
15 September 2006, 05:56 AM

The exact same way they deal with us.:coffee:

atanu
15 September 2006, 08:28 AM
Namaste Atanu Banerjee,

---- He does not seem to have come here with an open mind to learn.
-------

Definitely he has his own concepts that he would like us to accept. Ignorance, however, can only be treated with Jnana and not with ignorance.

BG
2.64 Raagadwesha viyuktaistu vishayaanindriyaishcharan;
Aatmavashyair vidheyaatmaa prasaadamadhigacchati.

64. But the self-controlled man, moving amongst objects with the senses under restraint, and free from attraction and repulsion, attains to peace.

Om Namah Shivayya

Sudarshan
15 September 2006, 09:29 AM

wow typical Muslim.

You dont believe in a photo you see right now, yet believe that some old man talked to some angels and jinns? :rolleyes:

Skillganon
16 September 2006, 02:50 PM
Namaste Atanu Banerjee,

I told you. Do you still think you could explain further to our friend here? He does not seem to have come here with an open mind to learn. You can see that in his first post. He has an agenda which is to criticize our concepts, make fun of our beliefs, and worse, foolishly try to convince us of the superiority of the ways and means of Islam, like his mentor Dr.Zakir Naik. For him, his God Allah who was created by his prophet Mohammad in the 7th century, precedes and supersedes every other concept of the One God. Any expansion of the concept to a hierarchy of Gods is anathema to him. And Mohammad is the last of the world's prophets who cannot be succeeded or excelled by any other. All this because he is a true Muslim who is committed to Islam and its teachings.

:( Namaste, I asked a simple question.
And if my post in the "ISLAM" section does not seem appropriate, please go to the MOD, he has full permission to delete it, but I don't think this thread is the appropriate place to discuss this matter.
Can we atleast keep to the topic. :dunno: .

Peace

Skill

sarabhanga
16 September 2006, 08:05 PM
From anger arises passion; from inflamed passion, confusion of mind; from confusion of mind, loss of reason; and from loss of reason one goes to complete ruin.

But the self-possessed man, while experiencing the world with his senses restrained, and free from attraction and repulsion, attains to peace.

saidevo
03 October 2006, 10:31 AM
The Ganesha Milk Miracle of Sep 21, 1995

It is nice and inspiring to read about the overseas media reports on this miracle in this link:
http://www.luminocities.com/miracles.htm#HinduMilkMiracle

"Television, radio and newspapers eagerly covered this unique phenomenon, and even sceptical journalists held their milk-filled spoons to the gods -- and watched, humbled, as the milk disappeared. The media coverage was extensive, and although scientists and 'experts' created theories of "capillary absorption" and "mass hysteria", the overwhelming evidence and conclusion was that an unexplainable miracle had occurred."

"Suzanne Goldenberg, a Delhi-based journalist, reported that: "Inside the darkened shrine, people held stainless steel cups and clay pots to the central figure of the five-headed Shiva, the destroyer of evil, and his snake companion, and watched the milk levels ebb. Although some devotees force-fed the idol enthusiastically, the floor was fairly dry."

"India was in pandemonium. The Government shut down for several hours, and trading ground to a halt on stock markets in Bombay and New Delhi as millions in homes and temples around the country offered milk to the gods."

"Very soon the news spread to Hindu communities in Singapore, Hong Kong, Nepal, Thailand, Dubai, the United Kingdom, the USA, and Canada. Reports were flooding in from all over the world. In Hong Kong more than 800 people converged on the Hindu temple in Happy Valley to witness the drinking statues of Krishna and Brahma alongside the small silver statue of Ganesh which priests claimed had drunk 20 litres of milk."

"In the United Kingdom, Hindus reported miracles taking place in temples and homes around the country. At the Vishwa Temple in Southall, London, 10,000 people in 24 hours witnessed the 15-inch statue of the bull Nandi and a bronze statue of the cobra Shash Naag drinking milk from cups and spoons. Sushmith Jaswal, aged 20, said she was sceptical at first but her doubts vanished with the milk. "It was like a blessing," she said. Nita Mason also witnessed the statue and said, "It is a miracle -- God is trying to show people that he is here."

"At the Geeta Bhavan Temple in Manchester a 3-inch silver Ganesh lapped up the milk. Rakesh Behl, 35, fed the silver elephant several times and said: "Did you see how quickly Ganesh drank? How can anyone not believe this miracle? This has really inspired my faith." At the Southall home of Asha Ruparelia, 42, a clay statue of Ganesh was drinking the milk in her living room: "It has drunk 20 pints of milk since last night. Nearly 600 people have come round to see it."

"Another amazing manifestation occurred at a major Hindu temple in Wimbledon, South London. There, milk offerings to the statue of Ganesh disappeared, and, simultaneously, in a shrine room containing a large photograph of Sai Baba, vibhuti (holy ash) poured from Sai Baba's forehead, and amrit (nectar) flowed from His feet."

"Many journalists actively participated in these miraculous events. Rebecca Mae, a DAILY EXPRESS journalist, wrote: "I had a good view from the side and all I can say is that the statue appeared to suck in half a spoonful while it was held level by the worshipper. The rest was sipped reverently by the devotee. A photographer from a national tabloid newspaper was right in front of the statue. And he was convinced it was drinking the milk. He said he could see no mechanism to explain the phenomenon, after scrutinising it at length. As a lapsed Catholic I don't believe in stories of the Virgin Mary shedding tears. Indeed, I would say I was as sceptical as anyone -- but it's difficult to dismiss something you have seen for yourself."

"Rikee Verma, a journalist from THE TIMES newspaper, wrote: "Being a religious person, I first went to the upstairs bedroom . . . and placed a spoonful of milk against a photograph of Ganesh and was astonished to find within seconds that the spoon was half empty. I checked to make sure that the glass frame of the photograph was not wet. It was dry. I could not believe what I was seeing. This was clearly a message from the gods saying: 'We are here, here's the proof.' I then went to the Sri Ram Mandir [Temple] in Southall. . . . I placed a spoonful of milk underneath the trunk and within seconds the spoon was empty. . . . Others who had witnessed the miracle were filled with emotion. 'Our god has finally come to us,' one said."

"While the media and scientists still struggle to find an explanation for these events, many Hindus believe they are a sign that a great teacher has been born. Journalist Rebecca Mae writes: "Most of the worshippers said they only went to the temple occasionally and were certainly not religious fanatics. But they were adamant that a new god had been born to save the world from evil." Krishna Anratar Dubey, a respected Indian astrologer, explained that according to Hindu mythology such miracles happen when a great Soul arrives in the world."

"At the Southall temple in London where thousands had witnessed the miracles, the chairman Mr Bharbari offered his explanation. "All I know is that our Holy Book says that wherever evil prevails on earth then some great Soul will descend to remove the bondage of evil so that right shall reign. We believe this miracle, and those happening at other Hindu temples, may be a sign that a great Soul has descended, like Lord Krishna or Jesus Christ."

"(Sources: THE GUARDIAN; THE INDEPENDENT; THE TIMES; THE TELEGRAPH; THE DAILY EXPRESS; THE DAILY MAIL; UK)"

Eastern Mind
08 September 2007, 08:45 PM
I found the whole milk miracle hysteria kind of sad. Sad in that people did not already believe in God, so 'needed' some kind of miracle, and sad that there was so much excitement. Our temple drew a huge crowd. I didn't bother to go. Kind of ironic. I already had absolute faith in Ganesha as a real being. He must have been chuckling to himself at all the fuss over such a simple deal. Miracles are all around us all the time. You don't need to look very far. You can take 10 different round black seeds that all look identical, like nails in a bag. Plant them, and you get 10 totally different plants. See. No big deal, but then I didn't need convincing. Aum Namashivaya

Madhavan
09 September 2007, 01:57 AM
I found the whole milk miracle hysteria kind of sad. Sad in that people did not already believe in God, so 'needed' some kind of miracle, and sad that there was so much excitement. Our temple drew a huge crowd. I didn't bother to go. Kind of ironic. I already had absolute faith in Ganesha as a real being. He must have been chuckling to himself at all the fuss over such a simple deal. Miracles are all around us all the time. You don't need to look very far. You can take 10 different round black seeds that all look identical, like nails in a bag. Plant them, and you get 10 totally different plants. See. No big deal, but then I didn't need convincing. Aum Namashivaya

Miracles dont prove God. Not even one's own experiences can be claimed to prove God. Because all our experiences are subjective - no two people have identical God experiences until the final union with God. So whose words are to be believed?

Scripture is the only proof of God, in as much it is the only unbiased source.

The black seed example is not a good one. Though they 'look' identical, they all are entirely different at the microcosmic level - they have different genetic code.

Personally, I see the phenomenon of life itself as the nearest proof of God. Who would say that a computer laying on the beach sand was assembled by the constant lashing of the sand by waves on the beach over billions of years? Only life can create life. Even if man were to create life, it will still mean that a very intelligent guidance and research is needed to create life. Only an intelligent being can create the phenomenon called life. Each one of us is a miracle, IMHO. We dont need to look beyond!

saidevo
09 September 2007, 06:42 AM
Namaste EM, Madhavan.

I don't think the excitement (call it hysteria if you please) is sad or unjustifiable. Every religion wants its followers to praise the Lord and they generally do it just by rote in personal and communal prayers, without the meaning of the scriptural words and mantras sinking into their mind and heart. It is not that Ganesha needed to or did prove His existence by the milk miracle, but that people had an occasion to realize and re-discover His presence, in concrete terms, at least for that day.

The human mind so assaulted and raped by the stark materialism of the 21st century that in daily life people scarcely feel the presence of God. They seek to know Him, the meaning of life and their existence only when a personal calamity strikes them. Here for a change, God struck them with personal bolts of joy and they rushed to find out and praise His glory.

Eastern Mind
09 September 2007, 07:00 AM
Saidevo.. You are right. It wasn't sad. I was just putting out personal experience and opinion. For the broader Hindu community, it was indeed uplifting, and as you said, reconfirmation. We all need that once in a while. I need to preface statements with 'in my opinion' etc. And you're right that all of life, life itself is a miracle. Aum namashivaya.

saidevo
07 April 2008, 11:15 AM
From a mail I received today:

Dear All,

one of my friend has forwarded this mail..............

Pls find the attached photo, You can find the Miracle { "Sai Baba" attended for the program {pooja} conducted by Sai Devotees}

Details :

Some one from Karnataka, had a 108 days of "Sai Chanting" ( Sai Deeksha ) and the last day they performed "Homam" .

Wonder!!! Sai baba made his presence during pooja performed by the family for 108 days....

They found "Sai Baba" attended and wished them . {Actually these pictures has taken from the " Mobile" , and the

same

could not be found in any of the video or photographs taken during the day

... }

This was the wonderful experience given to the Sai Devotees from Baba...

Baba will always with us ..... Only thing we should have a strong belief ......