PDA

View Full Version : My first Thread.

kshama
02 December 2009, 12:42 PM
Dear Blessed Members,

My pranams to you. I feel blessed to have this opportunity to write a thing or two about India. As a foreigner ( I am a Malaysian), I know little about India, yet no other nation intrigues me as India.

For me blessed are people who are born in India, a land where major religions of the world got started. Blessed are those who are born in the India, where the rishis, saints and many more good people lived and still living.

For me to understand life, one has to study the Gita. Why? So many things in it could propel us to be a better person. Similarly, so many things can be learnt in India. The various cultures, traditions, stratas of society are so interesting to know.

People say, so much negative stuff in India. Well for me, negatives are lessons in life. Life lessons can be taken from a positive incident or a negative incident (in which we have to gather what we can learn from that particular incident).

Few years back, I happen to know few people from India, through internet. From what I can see, these people are so gifted in many ways. There is a Saktha sadhak that always reminds me that life is not eternal, but only temporary. There is a Punjabi gentleman who always inspire me to search the purpose of life.There is a down-to-earth, charming Bengali Brahmin lad that never fail to impress me because of his spirituality and sadhanas. There is a Tamil Brahmin gentleman that always corrects my perception on my views in life. I can go on and on. So much of people I have on my mind.

I wish all people in India, regardless their faith, work together, be tolerant with each other and make India the greatest nation the world has ever seen. May god bless you all. Namaste.

sanjaya
02 December 2009, 01:00 PM
Hi Kshama, good to meet you. I am an Indian Hindu from America. I'm sure we both have much to learn from each other, as well as from the Indian natives who frequent this forum.

kshama
02 December 2009, 01:09 PM
Hi Kshama, good to meet you. I am an Indian Hindu from America. I'm sure we both have much to learn from each other, as well as from the Indian natives who frequent this forum.

Namaskar Sanjaya Ji,

Pleased to meet you. I am glad to know that you are interested to learn many things about India. Yes, this forum serves as platform for many to understand many things that is beneficial in life. I wish you good luck and may god bless you always.

Eastern Mind
02 December 2009, 01:36 PM
Vanakkam:

Yes, there is something about India that is magnetic. Its hard to really put a finger on it. The travel forum Indiamike discusses this question at length: What is it about India that draws people there? If you have time some day, pop over to Indiamike, and browse for all the different reasons. Its for all comers, not just Hindus, so beware of that. But for travel hints, there is mo better site on India on the net, IMHO.

This morning we started here the 21 day Vinayaka Vitrayam festival. Am planning to go to temple for 21 days straight. We gave a ride home to a mixed religion couple from Kerala. She (the Hindu) discussed Palani temple, Tiruchendur, etc. I realise more and more every day that India is my home. I was only there for 16 days. But just last week Boss and I decided that in about a year from now we're going back. We'll do the Arapadaiveedu pilgimage, then Madurai and Pillaiyarpatti, then Varanasi, perhaps Haridwar on the way home. I can't wait.

Aum Namasivaya

kshama
02 December 2009, 01:44 PM
But just last week Boss and I decided that in about a year from now we're going back. We'll do the Arapadaiveedu pilgimage, then Madurai and Pillaiyarpatti, then Varanasi, perhaps Haridwar on the way home. I can't wait.

Namaskar Eastern Mind Ji,

I am happy to hear that you will be visiting many places soon. I wish you safe-journey and may you obtain the vast spiritual and positive energies surrounding those sacred places. God bless you.