PDA

View Full Version : goal of sanatana dharma

amith vikram
07 December 2009, 02:09 AM
first of all,i must say thanks to the webmaster/s of this site.it is the most sophisticated regarding hindu thoughts and discussions.

But i feel really bad when every now and then,gods are involved in personal fights.it is as if only a vaishnava is devoted to vishnu and a shaiva is devoted only to shiva and cant be otherwise.and god save the others!but who is the supreme god??
this is really a sorry state. a person who is brought up on a specific principle is naturally devoted to it.but how many of us take all this without bias?all the different schools may claim their own philosophies to be true.but in reality which is the truth???

SATYAMEVA JAYATE

the subtleness of the knowledge lies in its practise.anything said without done is just a theory.if the theoritcal results match the practical results,then that alone is truth.many of us may say,i have derived results too.well,think again.

some think the spiritual knowledge means only peace of mind,being non materialistic,and giving on endless free tips!duh!
the vedas say something else.lets have a look:

Man is born as an animal.But by gaining knowledge AND APPLYING THAT KNOWLEDGE,he will be liberated.An animal cant think beyond what it sees.hence know the reality.
Even an animal likes its parents,but a man has to treat everyone's parents as his,every kith and kin as his,treat the rich and the poor,the srong and timid,treat everyone as same.

Animals know nothing but selfishness.it finds its goal in nurturing itself forever.But a man always be selfless;find happiness in other's happiness,feel the pain of your brothers,strive for others without thinking about yourself.

On account of being selfish,the animals surrender to those who fulfil its desires.hence animals are tamed,used as slaves and live a life of bonding.But a man should always cling to the path of righteousness.if he does,no might can conquer him,he surrenders to none,when he doesnt fear death,what to say of the rest.

Hence by thus knowing the truth,vanquish the world by not desiring the same!!

the vedas glorify the truth relative to the world and the vedanta is relative to only truth.

Now i feel,practising only a few principles is better than trying to establish the theory.because need not be established.

May the enemies of truth never attain their wish!

Harjas Kaur
07 December 2009, 04:39 AM
but in reality which is the truth???In reality no human words can describe the full truth. In reality no human brain can grasp the whole truth. One has trunk of elephant, one has tail, one has toe of elephant. But it is all ONE elephant.

Some say Durga is only 1/1000th of brilliance of Krishna, yet Durga is Radha who is united with Krishan. So in the non-space and non-time of eternal truth can there really be a measurement? Can there really be gradations of inferior and superior of greater and lesser? If the God is ALL-pervading even a worm, even a bacteria, then everything at basic core is ONE and ONE is all that exists. We call the Divine after different names, different aspects, different forms, different understandings. And the Divine accommodates us all but supersedes our expectations. Doesn't Bhagavad-Gita say that whoever you may be worshiping the worship comes to ME? Does it matter then what limitations of understanding people have if they keep bhakti of the Divine always in the heart?

God is Mata Ji AND Pita Ji AND beyond gender and all inclusive! Isn't that truth? And on another level aren't we supposed to find reverence for the Divine present in all our hearts, isn't this the meaning of Namaskar?

Man is born as an animal.

Such are words of truth. But that animal is hiding the effulgence of the ONE Divine Beloved. Even in strict Dvaita, bhakti is promoting union of the heart with the Beloved. If we can work at uniting our hearts with this pure love, we will slowly transform from animal nature to lover of the Divine. It will be a long time before Sat Yuga. But inevitably it must return full cycle.

Eastern Mind
07 December 2009, 06:16 AM
But i feel really bad when every now and then,gods are involved in personal fights.it is as if only a vaishnava is devoted to vishnu and a shaiva is devoted only to shiva and cant be otherwise.and god save the others!but who is the supreme god??

Vannakkam: amith:

Surely you mean devotees get personal regarding their views of God, not the God concept itself fighting amongst itself. Personally I see emotion as fairly rare here, thanks to our moderator, as you previously mentioned. He does a good job of banning insulters.

Just because one is a proud Saiva, Vaishnava, Shakta, or Smarta doesn't mean an automatic disdain for all the others. I am a staunch enthusiastic Saiva. This strengthens my view for all of mankind. Do we belittle other children on the playground when we see our own? Do we take on 2 or more wives?

I think most sectarianism is to do with comfort and familiarity from childhoods. There is also the mystic pull. This is not to be denied. Scientists only recently discovered pheromones, and now there is research. There must also be Godomones, I think, that pull us towards a particular version of Sanatana Dharma. This is not a bad thing. Its just reality. I like blue. You like red. To argue it is absurd.

Aum Namasivaya

amith vikram
07 December 2009, 10:06 AM
hi there,
i am totally a newcomer to this thick forest of "knowledge of absolute".
but i know the gist of all the teachings.i was wondering if people have really benifitted from this knowledge in their day2day life,like swami vivekananda.
please can anyone tell me how life is different now from how it was before.thats really gonna help me.

amith vikram
07 December 2009, 10:18 AM
hi eastern mind,
i didnt people are fighting here or anywhere else,but there is definitely not a single theory on this mystic truth.