PDA

View Full Version : Jesus Baba

satay
21 August 2006, 10:58 AM
Let this thread be dedicated to Jesus baba, the vedantin that was misunderstood and murdered.

Here we will collect those quotes of the baba that clearly show that he was a vedantin.

satay
21 August 2006, 11:03 AM
Sermon on the Mount

The Gospel of Matthew

27 "You have heard that it was said to those of old, "You shall not commit adultery.'
28 But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

This is the message of code of conduct for a hindu from hindu scriptures.
Even thinking about killing someone...the damage is already done...by our thoughts in our mind..karmic debt has already been accumulated just by thinking...

so jesus baba says, "whoever 'looks' at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart"

TruthSeeker
21 August 2006, 11:38 AM
What do vedantins here think of the death and reserruction of Jesus baba? A God dying and reserructing for the sins of man in advance hardly looks vedantic. Krishna never did that.

So what does this death and reserruction mean? Just a metaphor showing reincarnation of man or immortality of Atman?

He was a vedantin because he went through three stages of a vedantin:

"Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God."

- John 20:17

(Dvaita)

But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name. - John 20:31

(Vishistadvaita)

"I and my Father are one." - John 10:30

(Advaita)

Thus Jesus displayed that he had a realization of his father Krishna in a dual way, then semi monistic and monistic. In any case he appears to have had the Upanishadic dictum even if he had not realized.

He was not a born Avatara like Krishna because Krishna never showed any evidence of any progressive realization and he was always the father. So Jesus appears to be a jivanmukta at the time he was crucified.(due to prarabda karma?).

satay
21 August 2006, 11:47 AM
'historical' evidence is not there so we can not be sure that a person named jesus actually lived but let's assume for the purpose of this thread that there was such a person. The followers who wrote down his teachings from memory or by hear-say after several years of his murder could not possibly understand what he was actually saying. Only a vedantin would understand what he was saying and since he himself didn't right a thing or none is available we only have mix bag of vedeanta and jews laws and corrupted teachings to deal with.

Still the jesus baba was a vedantin can be identified clearly.

No, he couldn't have been an avatar of Bhagwan. he must have been like many thousands of gurus that we have had in india. We did not murder any of our gurus not even those that rejected the vedas...no we did not murder gautama, no we did not murder nanak...and the list goes on...but since no one actually understood his message he was murdered... I don't believe he rose from the dead. There is no evidence just like there is no evidence of his 'life'. It's all hearsay...

Znanna
21 August 2006, 07:56 PM
What do vedantins here think of the death and reserruction of Jesus baba? A God dying and reserructing for the sins of man in advance hardly looks vedantic. Krishna never did that.

Well, I'm not sure what a vedantin is, per se, but I've a reply :)

I think Jesus the Christ was a yogi/mage, and thus it isn't surprising for him to appear dead having slowed his body down to no-thing.

YMMV

Love,
ZN

TruthSeeker
22 August 2006, 12:59 PM
So crucifixtion was a myth? Would it be more right to call that a samAdhi?

There have many instances of Hindu Yogis who have reported back to their disciples after death, so reserruction is not a logical impossibility. God undergoing pain and getting crucified is certainly a myth.

Sudarshan
03 September 2006, 11:57 AM
I don't believe he rose from the dead. There is no evidence just like there is no evidence of his 'life'. It's all hearsay...

I dont understand why so much hype is being about Jesus baba rising from the dead. All Hindu traditions except Advaita recognize that the individual soul survives death( even a mukta). I have heard about many instances of dead people appearing again as a vision or through mediums ( from close sources). Jesus resseruction after death is a very ordinary thing, so many souls have reserructed after death. It mean nothing special to non-christians.

Skillganon
03 September 2006, 12:37 PM
Does not the bible say, You only get resurrected once, and that is in your spiritual form? :headscratch:

Znanna
03 September 2006, 12:48 PM
The Gospel of Thomas,
Translated by Stephen Patterson and Marvin Meyer

(Visit the Gospel of Thomas Collection (http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/nhl_thomas.htm) for additional information)

These are the secret sayings that the living Jesus spoke and Didymos Judas Thomas recorded.

ZN - Please click on the link at the bottom for the complete text; I have just posted those phrases which particularly resonate with me.

11. Jesus said, "This heaven will pass away, and the one above it will pass away.
The dead are not alive, and the living will not die. During the days when you ate what is dead, you made it come alive. When you are in the light, what will you do? On the day when you were one, you became two. But when you become two, what will you do?"

18. The disciples said to Jesus, "Tell us, how will our end come?"
Jesus said, "Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is.
Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."
19. Jesus said, "Congratulations to the one who came into being before coming into being.
If you become my disciples and pay attention to my sayings, these stones will serve you.
For there are five trees in Paradise for you; they do not change, summer or winter, and their leaves do not fall. Whoever knows them will not taste death."

They said to him, "Then shall we enter the (Father's) kingdom as babies?"
Jesus said to them, "When you make the two into one, and when you make the inner like the outer and the outer like the inner, and the upper like the lower, and when you make male and female into a single one, so that the male will not be male nor the female be female, when you make eyes in place of an eye, a hand in place of a hand, a foot in place of a foot, an image in place of an image, then you will enter [the kingdom]."
23. Jesus said, "I shall choose you, one from a thousand and two from ten thousand, and they will stand as a single one."

30. Jesus said, "Where there are three deities, they are divine. Where there are two or one, I am with that one."

He said to them, "So also with you, seek for yourselves a place for rest, or you might become a carcass and be eaten."
61. Jesus said, "Two will recline on a couch; one will die, one will live."
Salome said, "Who are you mister? You have climbed onto my couch and eaten from my table as if you are from someone."
Jesus said to her, "I am the one who comes from what is whole. I was granted from the things of my Father."
"I am your disciple."
"For this reason I say, if one is whole, one will be filled with light, but if one is divided, one will be filled with darkness."
62. Jesus said, "I disclose my mysteries to those [who are worthy] of [my] mysteries.

69. Jesus said, "Congratulations to those who have been persecuted in their hearts: they are the ones who have truly come to know the Father.
Congratulations to those who go hungry, so the stomach of the one in want may be filled."
70. Jesus said, "If you bring forth what is within you, what you have will save you. If you do not have that within you, what you do not have within you [will] kill you."
71. Jesus said, "I will destroy [this] house, and no one will be able to build it [...]."

80. Jesus said, "Whoever has come to know the world has discovered the body, and whoever has discovered the body, of that one the world is not worthy."
81. Jesus said, "Let one who has become wealthy reign, and let one who has power renounce <it>."
82. Jesus said, "Whoever is near me is near the fire, and whoever is far from me is far from the (Father's) kingdom."
83. Jesus said, "Images are visible to people, but the light within them is hidden in the image of the Father's light. He will be disclosed, but his image is hidden by his light."
84. Jesus said, "When you see your likeness, you are happy. But when you see your images that came into being before you and that neither die nor become visible, how much you will have to bear!"

90. Jesus said, "Come to me, for my yoke is comfortable and my lordship is gentle, and you will find rest for yourselves."
91. They said to him, "Tell us who you are so that we may believe in you."
He said to them, "You examine the face of heaven and earth, but you have not come to know the one who is in your presence, and you do not know how to examine the present moment."
92. Jesus said, "Seek and you will find.
In the past, however, I did not tell you the things about which you asked me then. Now I am willing to tell them, but you are not seeking them."
93. "Don't give what is holy to dogs, for they might throw them upon the manure pile. Don't throw pearls [to] pigs, or they might ... it [...]."
94. Jesus [said], "One who seeks will find, and for [one who knocks] it will be opened."

Selection from Robert J. Miller, ed., The Complete Gospels: Annotated Scholars Version. (Polebridge Press, 1992, 1994).

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gosthom.html

Sudarshan
03 September 2006, 12:54 PM
You get resserructed only in the astral body of subtle elements(spiritual form) - no contradictions.

“Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide, and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and many are those who enter by it. For the gate is small, and the way is narrow that leads to life, and few are those who find it” (Matthew 7:13-14).

So we know that Jesus baba has allowed only for a small number of people to enter heaven, and naturally most people will go to hell, which is rebirth. No big point about missionary trying conversion because very few people, including Christians are going to be 'saved' in the end. Dont falsify your bible please. Please dont corrupt Christianity with Paulism.;)