PDA

View Full Version : Followers of Acintya Bheda Abheda

Onkara
14 December 2009, 10:56 AM
Namasté
Which groups or sects follow Acintya Bheda Abheda of Chaitanya. Is this school of Vedanta only followed by ISKON or are there other recognised groups?

Does ISKON's philosophy differ from Chaitanya's or any other group?

Links to sites which might answer my question, would be appreciated. Thank you.

Ganeshprasad
14 December 2009, 03:36 PM
Pranam Snip

Namasté
Which groups or sects follow Acintya Bheda Abheda of Chaitanya. Is this school of Vedanta only followed by ISKON or are there other recognised groups?

Does ISKON's philosophy differ from Chaitanya's or any other group?

Links to sites which might answer my question, would be appreciated. Thank you.

As far as i know mainly gaudiya vaishnava follow Acintya Bheda Abheda of Chaitanya MahaPrabhu.

In fact Iskcon is branchout from Gaudiya

simply google it and you will find your answer

Jai Shree Krishna

Onkara
15 December 2009, 03:55 AM
Thank you Ganeshprasad
I am not sure how my searches missed connecting the two, so I am grateful for your reply.

I still have an elementary overview of Sanatana Dharma denominations and sects. I am hoping to find some statistics of the number of followers per group. It is interesting as I am enjoying seeing the parts of the whole fit together.

Krsna Das
29 December 2009, 08:55 AM
Dandavat Pranamas, GaneshPrasad Prabhu !

Yes you are correct.

ISKCON along with all of our Gaudiya Mathas essentially follow Acintya-BhedA-Bheda Sidhhanta. It is one of the 10 sidhantas prescribed by Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu to us.

These 10 sidhantas form the basic sidhantas (Dasa-Mula) in our Sampradaya (Sri Brahma-Madhava-Caitanya-Gaudiya Vaisnava Sampradaya).

All glories to SriSri Radha-Krsna !

Jivattatva
29 December 2009, 03:21 PM
Jai Sri Krishna

Pranams

Snip

Iskcon is an unorthodox offshoot of Gaudiya Vaishnavism. They have some teachings that are not in line with other sampradayas within GVism.

Other prominent GV groups are:

The Gaudiya Math from which the founder of ISKCON came from.

And other lines which can be called more orthodox GVsim are those that are mostly lines coming from Chaitanya Mahaprabhu's associates like-
Sri Nityananda parivar, Sri Advaita Acharya's (where I took initiation from).

Jivattatva
29 December 2009, 03:50 PM
Pranam

I just made a comment on this thread and got a message that my reply is going to be moderated before it gets posted.

Is that a new rule and if not I want to know what have I done wrong for my post be subjected to moderation.

Than you and waiting for your reply.

satay
29 December 2009, 06:56 PM
Admin Note

Pranam,
Yes, that's a new rule on HDF. This new rule is to control spam on the site by newely registered members. It has been in action for about two months now.

In your case, you are now an 'approved' member so from now on your posts will not be moderated. The rule only applies to new registered members.

Pranam

I just made a comment on this thread and got a message that my reply is going to be moderated before it gets posted.

Is that a new rule and if not I want to know what have I done wrong for my post be subjected to moderation.

Than you and waiting for your reply.