PDA

View Full Version : Shiva experiences

Shiznown
22 December 2009, 05:04 PM
Hi, my name is Shawn. I'm new to the forum and I figured I'd share some of my experiences with Shiva with the member of the forum.

About 2 almost 3 years ago I met a man, who turned out to be one of my best friends. He was Buddhist at the time
and he is the reason I converted to Buddhism. The funny thing is we both converted to Hindu recently. Anyway back to my story. The first time I saw him I overheard him talking about Buddhism, which I was interested in. The next time I saw him I asked him about it and he told me I should pray to Mahakala to help destroy my ego, which I find is interesting since Mahakala is an form of Shiva and I now feel a strong connection to Shiva. Mahakala is also a Dharma protector in Buddhism. Anyway, when I went to bed that night, I saw a silhouette of a demonic face with his mouth open. I wasn't sure if I was awake or asleep, or somewhere inbetween. I was never more afraid. later on I prayed to Mahakala and felt great joy.

Two weeks ago I had two dreams with Shiva. I dreamed that my chakras were opening up with the help of Shiva. I didn't see him, but felt his presence. I felt energy moving up my body in a linear pattern starting from where the root chakra is located, but when it got to my heart chakra I became afraid and woke up. This is not the first time I dreamed of Shiva. I once dreamed I was hugging my father in my kitchen, but I felt this strong closeness, that I lack with my father. I eventually found out I was dreaming and turned around and my father had a blue face and said "The humans must know who you are soon." A week latter, I had another dream, where I was outside, I think I was in a park. I saw this bush with beautiful bright blue flowers. I heard the voice, that said the blue flowers are Shiva. I picked one of the flowers and looked at it in my hand, then I woke up.

sm78
22 December 2009, 11:38 PM
I(we) wish you all the best in re-discovering shaivism. However I would suggest you not to share and talk about your dreams and experiences with others or even in a forum like this...but such dreams must give you good reason to intensify your understanding, study and practice.

Eastern Mind
23 December 2009, 07:45 AM
Vanakkam Shawn:

Welcome to these forums. I also have a strong affinity for Siva. But SM78 has given good advice. There are two reasons that I know of. One is that mystically it weakens the power of the dream. The second is it adds another layer to your ego. Of course these are just opinions, probably learned by reading, and we thought it sounded wise. You of course have free will, and can choose to share or not. i've also read it is okay to share with your own Guru, if you have one.

Aum Namasivaya

Spiritualseeker
23 December 2009, 07:02 PM
Awesome experiences! I wish you well on your journey.

I have dreams of shiva sometimes. Not sure what they mean if anything. I can not be good enough for Sanatana Dharma so not sure if I can find deeper meaning in the dreams, so i no longer bother.

kd gupta
24 December 2009, 10:01 AM
I don’t know , who is Mahakala , but Bhagwan Shankar and Mata Parvati have been prayed at Kailash as follows in Ramcharitmanas .

Those who have their faces turned away from Hari and Hara and have no love for
righteousness cannot even dream of going there. On the summit of that mountain exists a
huge banyan tree, which is ever young and is charming during all seasons. Fanned by
cool, soft and fragrant breezes, its shade is very refreshing. It is the favourite resort of siva,
extolled by the Vedas. Once upon a time the Lord betook Himself beneath the tree and was
much gladdened at heart to see it. Spreading His tigerskin on the ground with His own
hands, the all-merciful siva sat down casually. His body fair in hue as the jasmine, the
moon and the conch-shell; arms of inordinate length; a hermit.s covering, consisting of the
bark of trees, wrapped round His loins; His feet resembling a pair of full-blown red lotuses
and their toe-nails shedding a lustre which dispelled the darkness of the devotee.s heart;
serpents and the ashes serving as ornaments of the Slayer of Tripura and His countenance
eclipsing the splendour even of the autumnal full moon.
With His twisted coils of hair for a crown and the celestial stream (the Ganga.)
adorning His head, eyes as big as a pair of lotuses, throat dark with poison and with the
crescent shining on His brow, the Lord looked like a veritable mine of beauty.
Seated there, the Destroyer of Cupid looked like an incarnation of the sentiment
of Quietism. Finding it a good opportunity, Mother Parvati called on sambhu. In
recognition of Her wifely love Lord Hara showed Her great courtesy and assigned Her
a seat on His left side. Parvati gladly sat down beside siva and recalled the history of
Her past life. Presuming that Her lord cherished in His heart greater love for Her than
before, Uma smilingly spoke the following sweet words to Him: the Daughter of Himalaya
sought to elicit from Her lord the story which is profitable to the whole world. .O Lord of
the universe, O my Master, O slayer of the demon Tripura! Your glory is known to all
the three spheres. An imate as well inanimate beings, Nagas, men and gods, all do
homage to Your lotus-feet.
.My Lord, You are all-powerful, all-wise and all-blissful; You are a repository of all
arts and virtues and a storehouse of Yoga (askesis), wisdom and dispassion. Your
Name is a wish-yielding tree as it were to the suppliant.