PDA

View Full Version : WHY DID GOD CREATE THIS WORLD?

Krsna Das
05 January 2010, 06:03 AM
Dandavat pranamas !

All Glories to SriSri Radha Krsna !

All are invited to give their response to this question:

What was the motive of God behind creation of this world?

(I am not asking how he created, but his motive)

smaranam
05 January 2010, 06:38 AM
PraNAms KrsnaDas ji

Here are my views
http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36785&postcount=13

I don't think its a motive, it is an inherent part of His nature, svabhAv , like breathing , walking is part of ours :)

Why are trees green or chlorophyl green and blood red ? Why does the apple fall ? Why does the earth revolve around the Sun ? Why do stars live in galaxies ?

I am sure people will have quotes from Upanishads and elsewhere.

sanjaya
05 January 2010, 12:35 PM
I think Smaranam's response makes sense.

One question though. In Rig Veda it say that the creation of the universe is somewhat mysterious, and perhaps can't be fully known.

He, the first origin of this creation, whether he formed it all or did not form it,
Whose eye controls this world in highest heaven, he verily knows it, or perhaps he knows not. (10.129.1-7)
I'm curious as to how we can reconcile this with the notion that God had some specific intent in creating the universe.

devotee
05 January 2010, 08:59 PM
I will go by Smaranam Views. The Omnipotent God can't have any desire to be fulfilled by indulging in any action, like this creation which is more full of pains than pleasures.

And logically too, I don't find it acceptable. If there has to be Creation ... then there must be a time when there was nothing except God. If there was nothing except God (not even empty space which also must be created) ... the material cause of the whole creation must be God. If the material cause for this whole creation is God then God must have got reduced to that extent (depending upon how much material of God was used in creation) ... then God won't remain God any more. It would become a changing entity. Also, if this entire creation is made by utilising some part of God then what should be size of God in reality ? It all looks illogical.

It is just the nature of Self in the first two quarters of Waking and Dreaming states. The Creator & the Creation are not different.

OM

lighthouse
05 January 2010, 09:28 PM
Q:WHY DID GOD CREATE THIS WORLD?
A:Creation of World is to give us Phala of our Karma,here "us"means all Jivatmas.

yajvan
06 January 2010, 08:14 AM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

Namasté

As heat is to fire, whiteness is to a conch shell, firmness is to a mountain, liquidity to water, sweetness to sugarcane, butter to milk, coolness to ice... the universe is to consciousness. On Creation III.14, Vasișțha's Yoga

What does this tell me? There is no effort. If Being is consciousness, then by It's very nature the Universe is here.

praṇām

bhaktajan
06 January 2010, 09:19 AM
To provide a pastime as a sporting concession.

Jivattatva
06 January 2010, 08:22 PM
Yes, it is in God's nature to create but in a detached way because the cosmic manifestation is a function of God's marginal potency/energy his tatastha shakti, based on Srimad Bhagavatam.

It is also in God's nature to enjoy as in his hladini shakti so his potency, his tatastha shakti fulfills his very nature of being blissful ananda.

For us jivas, our entanglement with the material world is our own making and Krishna has given us the knowledge by which we can cease this cycle of birth and death in this manifest world.

rainycity
09 January 2010, 06:11 AM
To provide a pastime as a sporting concession.

why would an eternal being need pastimes?

lighthouse
09 January 2010, 07:58 AM
Perhaps "HE"Has no time OR He has lot of time but no pastimes!

Mohini Shakti Devi
09 January 2010, 03:50 PM

why would GOD need pastimes?

Because that is the Status Quo of "Being".

Because that is the definition of God.

That is what is inferred by the proposition of GodHead, namely, God has a persona that later is seen micro-cosmiccally expressed in all other circumstances.

God is the Fountain Head Reservoir of all "Personal Qualities" and the mathematical order of the physical elements and the physics of material matter and energy also allude to conscious inteligent purpous as its pretext for existing and.or evolving.

The First Truth of the Veda is that the 'Soul's purpose is to enjoy', thus, it is from this Truth that all existence points to. God is the embodiment & original source of Joy.