PDA

View Full Version : Pat Robertson and Haita

Tirisilex
14 January 2010, 06:15 PM
Pat Robertson a popular Christian TV evangelist said that the Haitians brought the earthquake upon themselves because of their sins. This guy seems to love belittling others to try to scare others into his frame of mind. I really don't like him.. Anyone else have thoughts?

Eastern Mind
14 January 2010, 06:26 PM
Pat Robertson a popular Christian TV evangelist said that the Haitians brought the earthquake upon themselves because of their sins. This guy seems to love belittling others to try to scare others into his frame of mind. I really don't like him.. Anyone else have thoughts?

Vanakkam Tirisilex.. Just laughable... His steep ignorance probably actually helps the Haitians. Sane people may donate more just to counteract his stupidity. The stupider televanelists get, the better, because it drives people leaning at all towards sanity away from their flock of blind geese. He's quite well know for opening his mouth in such ways. He's still unable to see AIDS as a disease beyond 'those homosexuals and sinful drug users'.. Karma will come along, no worries.

May one of our dispellers of ignorance such as Murugan come along.

Aum Namasivaya

Spiritualseeker
14 January 2010, 07:52 PM
What a dumbass! Such backwards thinking i tell you.

May one of our dispellers of ignorance such as Murugan come along.

OM!

sanjaya
15 January 2010, 02:38 AM
Pat Robertson is known for comments such as these. I believe Pat Robertson once said that the tsunami that struck South and East Asia as God's judgment against Muslims. No doubt he'd have similar charges to level against us Hindus for not turning to Christianity. Even many fundamentalist and evangelical Christians disavow him as their representative. The real danger, however, is that he has a lot of money. I've heard stories of him funding lawyers to keep non-Christian forms of education (e.g. transcendental meditation) out of public schools. Likely he also fight to inculcate American schoolchildren into Christianity. We should be watching him closely.

saidevo
15 January 2010, 04:51 AM
namaste.

The tsunami struck the Indian coast on 26th Dec 2004, at the time when the Vatican was celebrating Christmas. One of the worst affected areas was the VelAnkaNNi church in Tamilnadu where around 3,000 Christians were supposed to have either died or been missing. No Hindu temple was affected, including the Murugan temple at Tiruchendur which is at the seashore level and the sea heavily withdrew earlier in this area. Many Hindus also felt the tsunami to be God's retribution to the Christians who were perceived to be behind the arrest of KAnchi ShankarAchArya HH Jayendra Sarasvati. Of course it was Jayalalita who was the then CM of Tamilnadu who initiated the arrest but then it happened in Hyderabad and the Andhra CM Y.Samuel Reddy did nothing dharmic about it. It was also felt that the Italian lady Sonio Maino and the Vatican were behind the arrest, in a bid to tarnish the image of the ShankarAchArya who was the popular spiritual counsellor of the previous VAjpAyee government. In the TN Assembly electiions that succeeded the haughty CM JJ lost her power and has not so far been able to raise her head, even in small bye elections. Whereas the reverence and fame of the ShankarAchArya has remained constant despite the foisted cases.

When the likes of PR point a finger at the Hindus, they hardly know that three of their own fingers are pointing towards them!

sanjaya
15 January 2010, 11:55 AM
Good points Saidevo. It would be just as easy for us to say that the Tsunami is God's judgment against Christians. Fortunately, unlike Christianity our religion doesn't teach that God judges entire groups of people for the actions of a few. Perhaps this is a lesson to all of us to let God speak for himself, and stop pretending that we know who God is and isn't judging.

Eastern Mind
15 January 2010, 06:57 PM
Vannakam all:

So I'm listening to the news and the western press is basically bragging about the charity being given to Haiti. Individuals and world governments combined have given 238 million US to date. I'd like to put this in perspective.

There are about 50 000 Haitian expats living in Montreal. They send about one third of their money back home to relatives for basic survival. Each year that would amount to about $6000 peer person, as they have to work mostly at menial type jobs. That totals 300 million, from 50 000 already poor people.

I think all charity is good but the west sure can distort things to make it look like a hero. The war against terrorism will soon cross the 1 TRILLION mark.

Aum Namasivaya

Ramakrishna
14 February 2010, 02:43 AM
I actually just read an article about how Pat Robertson denounced Hinduism as "demonic" This man just disgusts me. :po:
http://www.sullivan-county.com/news/pat_quotes/hindus.htm

yajvan
14 February 2010, 08:40 AM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~

namasté Ramakrishna

I actually just read an article ...

Not to worry , or co-mingle your good thoughts with Mr. Robertson's. It seems he says things , well, just to say things and get attention as I see it.

In late 1976, Robertson predicted that the end of the world was coming in November or October 1982.
In a May 1980 broadcast of The 700 Club he stated, "I guarantee you by the end of 1982 there is going to be a judgment on the world."
In May 2006, Robertson declared that storms and possibly a tsunami would hit America's coastline sometime in 2006.¹
etc. etc.praṇām

data from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Robertson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Robertson)

shian
15 February 2010, 08:10 PM
wow Pat Rob is very very originaly christian haha

why mental hospital so careless, they dont know one of patient is run away hahaha

hey, but not only him

i also TRUEly hear from my own ear ! when i stay in dormitory, every monday is have Family Altar of christians , i cant believe what they said, i have ask my self, is something wrong with my ear???
but no!!!
they speak again :
That christians in Family Altar group was says Tsunami in Aceh is because in there is prohibition to celebrate Christimas, so Jesus give them big disaster in Xmas.
And then they said : some of christians is safe, because they celebrate christimas at hill !

and then what they says ??? it is very funny , very crazy, hear this :
"and have some christian peoples is no want to celebrate in hill, so they also get tsunami with muslims."

Can you imagine ? they cursed their own christians brothers and sisters !
they alredy have damaged in their brain, they said peoples who no want to celebrate christmas is get tsunami.
So, if you celebrate X mas very simple with your family in home, this is wrong way to celebrate, you must go to X mas party at hill !!

i have other TRUTH is :

in my 2nd dormitory, have 2 peoples (the others is stay in other dormitory, but they will together in monday) who every monday is lead Family Altar
every morning i hear they pray in room , with guitar and singing and crying. Ok this is no any problem,
but the BIG problem is in everyday, they (they is sister dan brother) is quarrell !!! they never harmony.

And in my first dormitory, there is a husband and wife, is christian family, but everyday the wife is mad, angry and revilement the husband.

this wife said to me with wise looking face and gentle sound (not like when she become demond and revilement the husband, LOL) : "Look ! Jesus lead you to this christians family dormitory, and christians university, you must know what Jesus want."

i only smile, and speak with my self : "Oh thanks Jesus, you lead me to see the TRUTH of this kind nuts peoples."

i cant imagine the damage effect of this kind of religion.
oh this is very wonderfool hahahha

shian
15 February 2010, 08:27 PM
oh , i forget to say this :

if you have NUTS experience with christians, please share with us !
in this bussy world, we need something who can make us laughing, this is good for health. Many thanks for christians

Ramakrishna
16 February 2010, 02:45 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~

namasté Ramakrishna

Not to worry , or co-mingle your good thoughts with Mr. Robertson's. It seems he says things , well, just to say things and get attention as I see it.
In late 1976, Robertson predicted that the end of the world was coming in November or October 1982.
In a May 1980 broadcast of The 700 Club he stated, "I guarantee you by the end of 1982 there is going to be a judgment on the world."
In May 2006, Robertson declared that storms and possibly a tsunami would hit America's coastline sometime in 2006.¹
etc. etc.praṇām

data from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Robertson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Robertson)

Hahaha thank you for that information yajvan! It just shows how foolish this man is! :D