PDA

View Full Version : We are the Soul

Spiritualseeker
15 January 2010, 06:47 AM
http://journeytozen.wordpress.com/2010/01/15/we-are-souls-in-a-body/
We are Souls in a Body

Many times in eastern religions we learn that we have unlimited potential. We are exactly like Shunyata or emptiness, which is not empty like an empty cup, but open and spacious to endless possibilities. Usually this falls on deaf ears (mine included), but what if we could truely experience or atleast taste just a small bit of our unlimited potential.

Throughout the years we have been conditioned to believe that we are our bodies. This is do to Maya, or illusion, we have become identified with tihs body. Our body though changes constantly. Every seven years we have a different body as cells change in our body. We have learned that matter is mostly empty as most things are 9.999999999999 empty, which leaves only a small bit of what we call solidity. This ofcourse the Hindus and Buddhist knew long ago.

With religions like Judaism, Islam, and Christianity, we are brainwashed to believe we are limited beings and that God is outside of us. It is blasphemous to search for God within in these religions. Atleast for the most part these religions believe that we have souls. Which brings us to an important point. We are not these bodies. We are as Robert Moss (a Shaman and dream teacher) has taught that : “We are a SOUL with a body, not a body with a soul”

I unfortunately am a spiritual seeker who fails many times over. A lot of times all that I read and learn are just intellectual learnings and not applied. Can I possibly believe we are more than our limited finitude? Perhaps in theory, but In reality how can I accept our unlimited potential, when all I know is this body that is so limited?

Well recently I have been consciously trying to have OUT OF BODY experiences or Astral Projection. I have done so in the past but only got a little bit out of my body. The past week I have been experiencing getting out for a little bit longer. What is significant about this, Is I am starting to truely feel what the Hindus talk about when they say we are Unlimited in our Soul. We are greater than our bodies. When I detach from the body as the astral body floats out of my body it is a feeling of complete freedom. It is as if I have been locked away in this body for all these years, and then suddenly I am given a get out of jail free card and I can soar out.
I have not been able to perfect this, and just to let everyone know, this doesn’t mean I am spiritually advanced, because everyone astral projects when they are sleeping. I am simply sharing my experience because I feel it can give us great freedom if we experience our Soul.
Paramhansa Yogananda says:

“Our soul intuition is a faculty of God. He has no mouth, yet He tastes everything. He has no hands or feet, yet He feels the whole universe. How? By intuition, by His omnipresence.”
“Man ordinarily relies upon his senses to supply with information about himself and the world in which he lives. His mind doesn’t know anything except that his five senses tell him. But the superman relies upon intuition , his “sixth sense,” for knowledge.”(Taken from Man’s Eternal Quest)

Yogananda and other Yogis again and again call us to remember our True Self which is beyond this body. It is that which has changed many bodies throughout eons of time. It is the Soul that is indestructable, unborn, and beyond time and space. If this is true, then this is absolutely marvelous. Nothing can stop us from knowing our Higher Self.