View Full Version : Dude is this true?

Spiritualseeker
15 January 2010, 10:00 AM
Namaste,

check out this video? Is this true?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_PfhV_Hns4&feature=channel

Spiritualseeker
15 January 2010, 11:09 AM
Do some of these scriptures still exist?

Tirisilex
16 January 2010, 08:06 AM
Very interesting.. If it is true it sure does change the worlds historical take on things. Anyway to validate this?

Tirisilex
16 January 2010, 12:27 PM
I've been surfing around to find out more on the validity of these claims. So far the "Atomic Blasts" I cant find anything to discredit nor prove them.. But The Vaimanika Shastra deal.. The whole thing about Sky Chariots.. They had Aeronautic experts overlook the designs within these texts and found that these machine could never fly according to the designs given.

It still seems that there were atomic blasts in north western India..

Jivattatva
16 January 2010, 04:44 PM
Whatever !. I will never hinge my faith in Krishna on this though.

Tirisilex
16 January 2010, 05:12 PM
I wouldn't place my faith based on these claims either.. but it is interesting.

Eastern Mind
16 January 2010, 07:06 PM
Vannakkam: The problem with history is that it is a mixture of research, bias, and outright, sometimes absurd fiction. So my take is that it doesn't matter. Now is now, and if there are lessons to be learned from history, fine. Problem is there are few real lessons in some history. Treat the world nice regardless of what went on in the past.

Aum Namasivaya

Tirisilex
17 January 2010, 01:51 PM
Perhaps this is what made the blasts??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brahmastra

Riverwolf
29 May 2010, 11:54 AM
I don't buy it. The largest explosion ever recorded wasn't an atomic blast, but an asteroid exploding five miles above the surface. (Tunguska 1908.) It's possible that those cities were destroyed by asteroids.

As for flying... the verses from the Yajur and Atharva Veda that he quoted don't say anything like that. My guess is that for the video, he reworded the verses to fit his own theory. Not to mention that if "ancient Sanskrit documents" were found, we wouldn't be able to read them, as they would have been written in letters that have been lost; Devanagari is a recently-developed writing system.

AUM Shanti Shanti Shanti

PrasoonDixit
04 July 2010, 05:16 AM
If this would have been true , then i am sure the Indian/Pakistan Government ( assuming they are loyal to hinduism) would have made this public in a big way. I dont think if another religion government would discover it would like to make it public as it would be a direct threat to their religion.

Secondly if such a thing existed and as mentioned in the Smritis of India , then it must have existed or else we would tend to believe that all people in those were hallucinating about the weapons which doesnt seem possible.

I would go by second one till archaelogical evidence is not found that such weapons existed but of what exact technology we dont know.

Prasoon Dixit,Vedic Dharmi.
Quest to Reestablish Vedic Dharma.

Eastern Mind
04 July 2010, 11:28 AM
Vannakkam:

Welcome to the forums, Prasoon. I agree that history and even archeology to some degree are vague subjects. Yoiu are correct that it is not in people's best intersts to hide such things.

Looking forward to your continued posting.

Aum namasivaya

Sahasranama
04 July 2010, 01:11 PM
These designs and documentation of aircraft and spacecraft are part of what the westerners would call "mythology," that's why no goverment in his right mind would make a claim that this is serious history, in order to avoid ridicule from the rest of the world. People have no problem believing that Leonardo Da Vinci was a pioneer in space craft, but to suggest that the ancient Indians had thought of space travel that is too advanced for even modern scientist to understand is pushing it.

But for Hindus it's true that the ancient had vimanas to travel. Sri Rama traveled from Lanka to ayodhya in a vimana. If you believe in the ramayana, you believe that Indians were able to travel through space.

PrasoonDixit
05 July 2010, 02:39 AM
Vannakkam:

Welcome to the forums, Prasoon. I agree that history and even archeology to some degree are vague subjects. Yoiu are correct that it is not in people's best intersts to hide such things.

Looking forward to your continued posting.

Aum namasivaya

thank you for the welcoming me.
Most of the time we have western biased history being taught to us and we are made to believe that India has been poor etc. The Truth is that all invaders came to India for it's wealth only. therefore it cant be that India wasnt rich ..infact it was the pinnacle of the civilised world and it just after the foreign rulers without embracing Santana Dharma have made it into such a state. We have to all work together to bring back the Golden Age of purity , bliss and truth as ordained by our Rishis and Scriptures.

Prasoon Dixit, Vedic Dharmi,
Quest to Reestablish Vedic Dharma.

Vaishnava
07 September 2010, 11:00 PM
I would agree to eye the findings with suspicion also. I do not agree that Vedas can be false and man created but what they are saying is true. Anything that a man says is inherently fickle and can be overthrown by another logic. Now, God I believe and though His grace alone do temples and scriptures still survive the attacks of science and other religions. But for those that believe in all is false but one entity, proving these don't make much sense anyways.

I also believe that Vedas can give us profound truths and can be highly scientific. For e.g., the upanishads, Manu smriti etc. talk of all these matter/energy to have been originated from one prakriti! To all those people who claim that we progressively edit scriptures, when was this change made, is it after Einstein discovered the relationship b/w matter and energy?

Also, universes are breathed in and out of Vishnu, indicates expansion and collapse. We never believed that sky was solid! Nor did we say that universe was created 10000 years back or so. So, there is a possibility that our vedas are completely true in what they say. If the scripture talk all contradictory facts and then talks about God, then why should I trust that that knowledge is correct? I mean who makes that judgement? We, whose knowledge is fickle and not so perfect? Now we know why Bhagavan Veda Vyaas said that Brahman can be known ONLY from the Vedas

The problem with proving Vedas is that we are limited by the current scientific findings, that keep changing every decade overthrowing the other. Have they dug up the whole earth or travelled all over universe. How much more knowledge is hidden to be validated.

However we should HIGHLY desist in going out of the way to prove our vedic texts that will have a negative impact on trust of people. Truth will prove itself