PDA

View Full Version : HDF Recent Activity - New Members

satay
15 January 2010, 06:15 PM
Namaskar,

Ever since the closing of audarya forum I have noticed a lot of new members joining HDF. This post is to communicate the purpose of HDF and site rules.

Please note that HDF is a 'general' forum on Hinduism for Hindus. Like a hindu temple where all are welcomed and where all forms of God are respected and worshipped equally, at HDF all are welcomed and all schools of Hinduism are respected. HDF has a large number of sections so that discussions can take place on all variety of schools that Hinduism has to offer.

When making new threads, please ensure that you are posting in the appropriate sections. When taking part in discussions, please do not make personal attacks or belittle others. Do not attack forms of God, schools, sastra, gurus other yours.

The rules of HDF are simple. These can be found by clicking on the FAQ link above. I am listing them here as a reminder (see below).

Please note that making personal attacks on other members, hindu gurus, sages, acaryas, hindus or on indians in general are considered flaming. These types of attacks can easily and quickly get you redirected out of HDF.

If you notice a post or a thread that is breaking the rules of the forum, please report it to me. I am the sole administrator of the forum so please have patience. I might be delayed in responding but trust that I will take some sort of action if you report a post. You may not agree with my administration or moderation policy or action. I generally do not loose any sleep over that.

HDF is not interested in large numbers of members or posts. Most senior members are interested in quality of posts rather than quantity. Thus I do not hesitate to redirect members out of HDF if their purpose and agendas do not align with the purpose of HDF or it's rules.

You may post as much as you would like about your own school in the dedicated section for your school.

HDF Rules:

No Flaming: Please do not post messages that are deliberately hostile and insulting to another member or guest. Please do not post inflammatory, rude, repetitive, or offensive messages designed intentionally to annoy or antagonize other members or disrupt the flow of discussion. This includes messages in profiles and signatures. Controversial topics are welcomed on HDF, however, do not post or create threads only for the sake of creating controversy or hostility. This site is for positive presentation of Sanatana Dharma. Please do not post insulting, hostile or negative comments about Hindus, Hinduism, India or Indians.
No Spamming: Please do not double-post or cross-post the same message in multiple forums. Do not mass-PM or mass-email multiple members of this site the same message. Please do not create multiple accounts, and do not post only for the sake of increasing your post count! Please do not post large cut and paste texts from other sites without providing any of your own comments on it. If you are using material from other sites for discussion, please simply provide a link instead.
No Offensive Posts, Links, or Images: This site is for positive presentation of Sanatana Dharma, so please do not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually explicit, hateful, threatening, racist, sexist, discriminatory, or otherwise in violation of any local or international laws. This includes links in your signature, profile, and bookmarks, as well as posted images, photos, and avatars. Site administrators will ultimately decide if something is appropriate or not.
No Commercial or Self Promotion: Please do not post any messages anywhere on this site that are primarily for the promotion or advertising of another website, forum, e-mail address, business, MLM, activity, or any other entities with which you are affiliated (i.e. no self-promotion).
Hindu Dharma Forums reserves the right to terminate the accounts of visitors who use these services in a manner inconsistent with our Site-Rules.Thank you and enjoy the discussions.