PDA

View Full Version : basic dharma practices

Sherab
17 January 2010, 02:15 PM
I am looking for basic dharma practices to do.

all i do right now is asana, not a whole lot.. just 1/4 lotus for 5 minutes, and then half lotus for 5 minutes... after that, one round of the mantra "Aum Gam Ganapataye namah"...

I heard if i do this for 48 days, there will be good results?

Aum Nama Sivaya.

Eastern Mind
17 January 2010, 03:28 PM
Sherab: This is excellent. When I was young I tried to to too much at once, and got into all sorts of trouble. I personally think its wise to proceed quite slowly, and get the habits of daily routine well established before adding more and more. You can increase time, or begin reading a basic scripture 5 minutes a day. You could set of one morning a month to visit a temple. At this point your choices are many. Sounds to me that you already have one important quality down pat.. patience.

Aum Namasivaya

Sherab
17 January 2010, 03:55 PM
Thank you very much EM. I'm thinking of what to buy in terms of puja supplies and all of that. I would need a guru to learn how to do lingam, abisheka, etc, but.. plenty of time.

Spiritualseeker
17 January 2010, 05:32 PM
I think EM has some good advice, perhaps I should follow it too. If I may add, perhaps you can work with third eye meditation. There are many articles and also videos of Gurus online teaching it. Also do a youtube for siva sutras. Very good stuff.

OM

Sherab
17 January 2010, 05:46 PM
I think EM has some good advice, perhaps I should follow it too. If I may add, perhaps you can work with third eye meditation. There are many articles and also videos of Gurus online teaching it. Also do a youtube for siva sutras. Very good stuff.

OM

I can slip into third eye meditations pretty easily. The place where the third eye reisdes vibrates for me, almost as if painful and all my attention is on that alone.