PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone I'm new

Shiftctrlalt
26 August 2006, 08:14 PM
Hi everyone I'm new its nice to be apart of your forums. Let me tell you a bit about me I'm from the usa I'm in my 20s and I'm a follower of Asatru.

Shiftctrlalt
28 August 2006, 04:52 PM
Hey everyone its ok to say hi I don't bit ;)

Bhakti Yoga Seeker
28 August 2006, 09:48 PM
Namaskaar. I'm also from the U.S. myself and perhaps am around your age. Tell me about Asatru. ~BYS~

sm78
29 August 2006, 03:33 AM
http://www.asatru.org/

... resurrection of the norse gods.

Shiftctrlalt
30 August 2006, 07:05 PM
Namaskaar. I'm also from the U.S. myself and perhaps am around your age. Tell me about Asatru. ~BYS~

If you would like to know more about my Religion feel free to pm me anytime. :)

Skillganon
16 September 2006, 03:01 PM
Hey shifty again. Welcome to the forum :D .

MananAtma
20 September 2006, 08:51 PM
Heilsa and Namaste,
I've researched the mythologies of Northern Europe and very interested in Wicca, Druidry, Asatru and Heathenry. Like Joseph Campbell, I believe Hinduism is the root religion of Pagan Europe.

Have you come to a Hindu forum for similiar reasons?

Frith and Shanti,
Roy

jaggin
27 September 2006, 06:30 AM
Heilsa and Namaste,
I've researched the mythologies of Northern Europe and very interested in Wicca, Druidry, Asatru and Heathenry. Like Joseph Campbell, I believe Hinduism is the root religion of Pagan Europe.

Have you come to a Hindu forum for similiar reasons?

Frith and Shanti,
Roy

Good to greet you Shift!

All religions are either memories of the past or God's information for all time. Sometimes this can be confusing because we have cycled through time so many times, it is hard to tell whether memories are from this cycle or a previous one. We are reaching the end of this cycle pretty soon.

c.smith
27 September 2006, 08:39 PM
Whay is the cycle you are referring to? Kali Yuga?

jaggin
18 November 2006, 09:46 AM
Whay is the cycle you are referring to? Kali Yuga?

I am not familiar with Kali Yuga. Time exists in a circle. We cycle through that circle over and over again. I have heard that some people give each cycle a name but that is beyond my knowledge at this point. The end of time is that period where people don't die and there is no rebirth. When the new cycle starts rebirth starts up again and those who are not subject to aging end up dieing sooner or later because of the evil present in the world.

Achanda
24 July 2007, 01:14 AM
Not to change the subject on this gentleman's intro thread but...

Heilsa and Namaste, I've researched the mythologies of Northern Europe and very interested in Wicca, Druidry, Asatru and Heathenry.

Truth be told one of the reasons why I take an interest in Hinduism is because it has went uninterrupted since the beginning, and surivived the Abrahamic onslaught unscathed.

As an adherent of reconstructionist Germanic polytheism (of the Anglo-Saxon variety), I feel that good examples can be learned from the Sanatana Dharma and applied to my own faith. I'm also searching for similarities and parallels between our mythologies. At the moment Asatru is an underdeveloped religion. We have the exoteric (fairy tales, mythology) but have lost the esoteric (philosophical) teachings which must be rediscovered.

Like Joseph Campbell, I believe Hinduism is the root religion of Pagan Europe.

I've been meaning to read Joseph Campbell but haven't gotten around to it yet. Do you know which book he mentioned that in?