PDA

View Full Version : Aura?

Tirisilex
21 January 2010, 06:54 PM
Do Hindus believe in the Aura? Are there practices that involve the aura?

Eastern Mind
21 January 2010, 07:16 PM
Vanakkam: Yes and no, depending on who you ask. The more mystical lineages certainly do. I can't speak for others. Auras make a whole lot of sense to me, in vibrational terms, as colour and sound have vibration. I used to wear red to school on days when I had less sleep. I believe it helped, but a rationalist would just say it was an imaginary placebo effect. Most inforrmation on auras from different sources say similar things about the meanings of colours. Unless all these authors read the same book from somewhere, which seems rather unlikely, it seems to be a true mystical knowledge, perhaps a common siddhi.

Aum Namasivaya

Spiritualseeker
21 January 2010, 07:18 PM
Namaste,

I can't speak for hindus since I am not really one, but based on readings of Chakras, energy body, light bodies etc mentioned by Yogis I would have to say hindus accept auras. After all the universe is mostly empty as matter is usually 9.999999999999 empty which leaves only small percent of what we think is solid. The Hindus say this is not empty as in empty cup, but full of energy. Yogananda again and again talks about the universe being energy. He even talks about seeing dead grass, but he enjoys it because he sees dancing orbs of energy around them. My wife and I are both studying an audiobook on energy work and tonight we were feeling eachothers auras.

I think a hindu could give you better refference than I can.

OM

saidevo
22 January 2010, 08:21 AM
It seems that in the Hindu concept of subtle bodies, the prANamaya koSha represents the human aura. Check this article for their connection with Ayurveda: http://nadichikitsa.com/body.html

Additionally, the Theosophic clairvoyant investigation of the human aura and its colors has Hindu acceptance as Chapter 15 titled 'The Human Aura' of the book 'The Hindu Metaphysics' published by the Himalayan Academy indicates. This section of the book can be downloaded at:

The esoterics of the satguru, chakras, the human aura, death
http://www.himalayanacademy.com/resources/books/wih/pdf/wih_sec2.pdf