PDA

View Full Version : Hello, nice to meet you, I am new here!

KRSNAmusic
22 January 2010, 06:20 PM
Hello!

My name is Martin, 22, resident of Czech republic.
Since quite recent time I have been very sympathetic with Indian philosophy and religion, with Gaudiya Vaishnavism particularly , because among other Indian philosophies it is assimilated and available in Europe, one can easily see its greatness, one can meet devotees and perform bhajana almost immediately. Why looks around and consider sooo many different paths? Life is short and it is auspicious to accept highest good in any given circumstainces. So, all glories to Bhativedanta Sv. Prabhupada !

I am a pianist and a student of musicology. I am about to compete studies
this year. I hope to get some ideas from scriptures in order to write my thesis because to draw knowledge from European philosophical speculations seems like a considerable waste of time to me . As a musician, I would like to inquire about the nature of music. I am very inexperienced and I will appreciate and help from you!
I will post my questions elsewhere ( maybe in Science and Religion ? ) (http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59).

Good bye now!

Haribóóól!

goodlife
24 January 2010, 05:50 AM
Welcome Martin

have an enjoyable stay here.

Hare Krishna

Onkara
24 January 2010, 06:05 AM
Welcome to the forum Martin
I would be interested in your views on playing "Classical Indian" chords and music on a piano and if that is possible, should that be of interest to you too. :)

KRSNAmusic
24 January 2010, 07:53 AM
hello Snip,
of course I am interested, since it would be possible to serve Krishna with indian music on piano :)
But I am not sure if piano is suitable for Indian classical music because of its fixed "well-tempered" tuning which does not allow one to perform melodic flexions ( quartertones etc. ) ... I do not know about Indian music opinions concerning harmony.
If you have some suggestions on this matter, it would be very interesting matter to discuss! Till now, I have been playing European classical music only.

martin

LALKAR
24 January 2010, 10:58 AM
Namaste Martin, and Welcome