PDA

View Full Version : Prasadam is dirty

shian
25 January 2010, 01:37 AM
Namaste,

christian (not all ??) is think prasadam is dirty. Because that was offered in fornt of murti.

They claimed this is was bible said.

and then have 2 kind of christian , who eat and absolutely wont eat prasadam.
I know, eat or not eat is human right.

But will see what the reason ?

1. I will eat this food who already offered to murtis , but i will eat in the name of Jesus. (I believe this prasadam is dirty, but i can cleaned this in the name of Jesus)

2. I absolutely will not eat prasadam.

Ok, i have find that 2 kinds of person, but not care they eat or not eat, the point is : PRASADAM IS DIRTY ( they believe have darkness power inside)

1 . what you will do if find your friends do it when you with good reason give she/he some food ?
(maybe they will ask first : "Are you pray in this food before?" to make sure the food is from altar or not)

2. My friend mom, was said to our christian friend : "hei , i have this , you can eat, dont worry , its not from altar."
(what she do ? she seems like agree with christians who think the food from her own GOD is DIRTY).

Very strange opinion, even i can offer all of food in this sentire world to Shiva with my mind in a second like we twinkling eyes.
So this mean they cannot eat all of food in this entire world ? LoL...

and the big different is :
We never think Jesus is devil, because we more full of Heavenly mind

but they who mind is full of Hell and Satan, think non christian GOD is devil , is dirty etc...
so, who said is child of Devi, they is child of demonic woman
who said is bhakta of Deva , is bhakta of Evil

sunyata07
25 January 2010, 06:47 AM
Namaste Shian,

While I have never had to deal with such Christians, I feel I understand your frustration. I would find it very amusing to be able to see a Christian try and bless prasad properly in the name of Jesus to "detaint" it somehow. Maybe I have not had enough exposure yet. Frankly, I wish things to stay the same and pray I never have to cross paths with that hard-headed lot! My advice would be never to offer prasad to such Christians, not out of discourtesy (or rather I should say courtesy, knowing the typical reaction you will get) but because it would just be a waste of your time and forbearance to respect their wishes while standing up for your own beliefs.

Yes, views of God are drastically different from the mindset of the East and West. It is astounding when you look back in history and see that even ancient civilisations with their pre-Christian beliefs had better tolerance for foreign deities! These pagans (the word still seems to carry a certain stigma in the English language today) had better understanding for the Divine than their Christian counterparts. They tolerated them and even started to equate them with their own gods. These people had better understanding of Divinity 3,000 years ago than modern, educated Christians do today.

Narada
25 January 2010, 07:45 AM
Namaste Shian,

These pagans (the word still seems to carry a certain stigma in the English language today) had better understanding for the Divine than their Christian counterparts. They tolerated them and even started to equate them with their own gods. These people had better understanding of Divinity 3,000 years ago than modern, educated Christians do today.

It's what they call progress.

sanjaya
25 January 2010, 03:29 PM
Since Shian asked, here's why Christians don't eat our prasadam:

No, I imply that what pagans sacrifice they offer to demons and not to God. I do not want you to be participants with demons. You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons. You cannot partake of the table of the Lord and the table of demons. Shall we provoke the Lord to jealousy? Are we stronger than he? (1 Corinthians 10:20-22)
They consider it to be "offered to demons," since they equate our devas with demons. Liberal Christians tend to understand that there is only one God, and that it is impossible to unknowingly worship demons. But the evangelicals will usually cling to this verse out of some superiority complex.

My response is: why would you even be close enough friends with an evangelical Christian to have them in your home while doing a puja? They only become friends with Hindus so that they can convert us. If I were you, I'd keep evangelicals out of your homes. It is they, not us, who will desecrate us with their attempts to convert our families.

Znanna
25 January 2010, 07:49 PM
Generally speaking, I have no problems with the Godz left-overs.

My goodness, I eat my own left-over cooking all the time!

Food is a blessing, especially when it's already given.

ZN

Eastern Mind
25 January 2010, 07:54 PM
Vannakam Shian:

Maybe these same Christians should take a closer look at meat, if they want to see dirty. I'm surprised the Indonesian government allows this kind of thing. You must be in a particular area where there are lots of Christians. I know Indonesia is a huge country.

Aum Namasivaya

yajvan
25 January 2010, 09:21 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

Food is a blessing, especially when it's already given.

food is brahman, brahman is food - so say the upaniṣad-s¹.

praṇām

references
1. Taittirīya upaniṣad and chāndogya upaniṣad

shian
28 January 2010, 10:13 PM
Sunyata said :
My advice would be never to offer prasad to such Christians,

Shian answer :
Thank you Sunyata,
but about that
All of food in my hand is prasadham, all is offered already to God, even that is a cup of water.

I dont want to give food from robbing,
all of food who not offered to God is robbing.

NetiNeti
28 January 2010, 10:27 PM
I really can't listen to a flesh eater trying to tell me that my food is unclean. As a whole, I just have a really hard time taking spiritual advice from anyone that eats meat. I don't care if they are the most accomplished yogi of our time, if they eat flesh, they have no reason to advise anyone. I live in the U.S.A, and I hear a LOT of Christians talking about mercy and love while they wear leather or eat a hamburger. Even in the Christian Eden vegetarianism was the law. The "new world" the Christians are promised is vegetarian as well according to the book of revelations. Clearly Gods ideal is vegetarianism according to their faith, just like ours. Why they can't live that idea in this age is silly to me and quite sad.

I really need to move out of this country.