PDA

View Full Version : How make a daily worship?

Jodha
28 January 2010, 09:00 AM
Is there anyone can teach me the basic of daily worship? The basic of daily pooja?
I'm an Italian woman. Here not were Hindu temples and even less are congregations and groups. Here are just new age or lodgings trying to look like something and are not really anybody. For that.. I really need help. Since there is no Hindu temple here, how can I do? I would also take the name but .. if here is not possible in Italy, where else?

Thank you to all and Gods bless you

Jodha
29 January 2010, 03:08 PM
Anyone want to help me?

ScottMalaysia
07 February 2010, 03:01 PM
Buongiorno Jodha,

Mi dispiace che nessuno ha risposto alla tua richiesta.

Qui c'è un link ad un sito che spiega come fare la puja (per il Signore Ganesha).

https://www.himalayanacademy.com/audio/chants/ganesha_puja_color.pdf

Eastern Mind
07 February 2010, 05:39 PM
Jodha: The first thing you need is some sort of altar or area set aside in your house. Then you need some pictures or statues of Gods for a focal point and eventually a place where energy can be built up.

I have no idea of what you have so it is difficult to say how to start. You need a minimum of a few certain things to duo much at all. There are on - line sites such as the one that Scott mentioned. I can certainly guide you on some basics if you give me more information. Right now we don't know much.
Hinduism is very vast. It is larger than Christianity, Islam, and Judaism combined by far, and the term Hinduism is a misnomer. Are you leaning toward a particular God, or Goddess, or style? There are a couple of Italian Hindu temples as well, that might be worth looking into. I searched the net and found one in Palermo at least, and an ashram somewhere else. You are indeed correct to question authenticity. Please understand that Hinduism with one notable exception does not proselytise, so that may be the reason why no one is jumping to respond to you. But if you PM me I can guide you through the basics. (I don't know if people would be interested in reading all this on here) BTW, I'm a grumpy old man, about 35 years adoptive of Hinduism, Caucasian Canadian, (WASH) and follow the NandinathA Sampradaya of Saivite Hinduism, so when you hear stuff from me, that's where it comes from.

AUM Namasivaya