PDA

View Full Version : Seed mantra of Ganesa

Spiritualseeker
28 January 2010, 04:16 PM
http://journeytozen.wordpress.com/2010/01/28/ganesha-mantra/
Ganesha Mantra

Lord Ganesha is the revered heavenly divine Elephant-headed Deity of the Hindus. He is also revered in some mahayana buddhist circles. He is considered to be the son of Lord Siva and His consort Parvati. He is considered the Lord of Dharma and the Remover of Obstacles. It is said that the entire universe is contained in his belly. From a literal point of view this may all seem so silly. However, from a deeper perspective it demonstrates that Lord Ganesha is the overseer of the physical world. He resides in the innerworlds and is also manifested within the physical creation.

People of western faiths or of scientific understandings may find it laughable that millions of people put their faith in an Elephant Headed Deity. On the contrary the religion of Sanatana Dharma (The Eternal Truth-also refferred to as Hinduism) is very scientific. There have been many findings in quantum physics that have been explained and taught by Hindus for thousands of years. Not only this, but Ganesa has been experienced by countless yogis and lay devotees.
Many of us may remember the milk miracles in which statues of Lord Ganesha around the world were actually absorbing the milk offered to it throughout the whole world. Many others have had many experiences to clarify for their own minds that Ganesha does exist.

Perhaps you may not think of him as a High God being, but you may also think perhaps he is a Highly evolve astral being. Whatever view you take there is nothing really to prove His existence or is there?
The best way to truely prove the existence of Lord Ganesha to yourself is to actually experience him. I can tell you that the mantras associated with Lord Ganesha are very powerful. Chanting them in devotion certainly can cause you to experience this gentle Deity.

The mantra I would love to recommend is a very famous one associated with the Elephant Headed Deity.
It is OM Gam Ganapatye Namaha (if you need pronounciation there are plenty of Youtube videos).

What is very significant is OM is started just like it usually is when it comes to Hindu mantras. OM is also associated with Lord Ganesha himself.

“Aum is the one Eternal Syllable of which all that exists is but the development. The past, present and future are all included in this one sound, and all that exists beyond the forms of time is also implied in the word Aum.-Mandukya Upanishad” (Taken from Loving Ganesa Hinduism’s Endearing Elephant-Faced God by Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami).

OM or Aum is a very significant syllable. It is the vibratory sound of creation. In deep meditation one can actually perceive the sound of AUM.
Gam Ganapatye Namaha
is praise to Ganapati (Ganesha).

This mantra can be used to allow our finite self to dissolve in the Eternal Self that is beyond the illusionary egoic self. It is full union with the Cosmic Being Lord Ganesha.

Recite this mantra 108 times a day. I simply like to recite it throughout the day or if I am waiting in a line I will breathe in conscious that Lord Ganapati is breathing in and feeling his peace as I breath in and breathing out I mentally recite Om Gam Ganapatye Namaha. I feel a sense of peace overcome me and I visualize the peace of Lord Ganesha filling myself and all in the room. It is such a soothing experience.

In conclusion one can truely experience the exotic deities of the Hindu faith, if you work to have direct experience of the Divine. Be patient and ever persistent. Remember Lord Ganesha is not a judgemental father, He is a Loving Cosmic being of the Devic realm. OM GAM GANAPATYE NAMAHA.

sambya
29 January 2010, 02:39 AM
as far as my knowledge goes gam or gAm(as used in eastern states) is the vija or seed while the rest of it makes up a complete invocation or mantra , but not vija mantra.

vija mantra is short and symbolic and primarily one lettered .:)

Spiritualseeker
29 January 2010, 11:10 AM
Namaste,

Thank you very much for the correction. I fixed it.

Pranam

OM
-Juan