PDA

View Full Version : MAYAVADIS AND DEMONS (MY REPLY TO SATAY JI)

Krsna Das
05 February 2010, 10:17 PM
Hare Krsna Prabhu!

Dandavat Pranamas at your feet!

I’ve learnt that you have decided to delete this thread because it breaks the rules of HDF.

You can surely do so, Sir; after all you are the owner of this great forum.

However, I would suggest that instead of deleting the whole thread, you can delete all those portions for which proper pramana from sastra has not been provided.

Also, one favour, please do let me know which portions these are. This is important for me, so that in future I can write some better posts.

Vaisnava-jan Das
Radha Krsna Prana Mor, Yugal Kishor

sambya
06 February 2010, 02:20 AM
aha ! so you mean to say that shastra(smritis , tantras etc) is infalliable ?

devotee
06 February 2010, 06:37 AM
Dear Krsna Das,

By your standard, I am a demon with long teeth and blood dripping tongue. :)

Sastras did you say ?

There is one Allopanishad too. For you, that also must be Sastra. In fact, I am going to manipulate some books to show you the biggest demon born ever ... & shall try to pass on that too as Sastra !

Instead of loving Krishna in the heart of all beings .... you are spreading hatred here ? Shame on you ! This is what you call spirituality ? Calling you a spiritual person is degradation of the word spiritual.

Stop calling yourself a Hindu. So much hatred is alien to Hindus.

Take Care ...

OM

Ganeshprasad
06 February 2010, 06:52 AM
Pranam Devotee ji

Dear Krsna Das,

you forgot the those sharp twisted Horns, did i not see them on you the other day?
you will make your own straw-man and shoot it down and hey presto you have won, you will refuse to consider any reason or other Shastra as valid but only the one you read. Did you say you are a Hindu?

Jai Shree Krishna

sambya
06 February 2010, 07:03 AM
Dear Krsna Das,

Stop calling yourself a Hindu. So much hatred is alien to Hindus.

OM

by the way , this reminds me about the eternal debate in the iskcon world about whether kare krishna's should consider themselves as hindus . and many opt to stay out of the hindu designation or even refuse to believe that they are hindu .

another vague term used by them is 'karmis' which ambiguously includes everything like karma yogis , mayavadis , advaitin sannyasis , material boon seekers within the list !!!:D

devotee
06 February 2010, 07:22 AM
Namaste Ganeshprasad ji,

you forgot the those sharp twisted Horns, did i not see them on you the other day?
you will make your own straw-man and shoot it down and hey presto you have won, you will refuse to consider any reason or other Shastra as valid but only the one you read. Did you say you are a Hindu?

I am a little perplexed. You support Krsna Das ? If that is the case, I quit & accept that I am a demon. No problem at all.

OM

Ganeshprasad
06 February 2010, 07:36 AM
Pranam Devotee ji

Namaste Ganeshprasad ji,

I am a little perplexed. You support Krsna Das ? If that is the case, I quit & accept that I am a demon. No problem at all.

OM

Please don't be. After so much debating against him why would you think for a minute that i support such dogma?
Admittedly i do not use sarcasm but with a friend i thought you understand.
By the way the straw-man was not yours, i thought you understand my point.
Sambya ji has nailed the point on Hindu.
I was one of them who agonized on the subject of Hindu and its definition.

Jai Shree Krishna

devotee
06 February 2010, 07:42 AM
Please don't be. After so much debating against him why would you think for a minute that i support such dogma?
Admittedly i do not use sarcasm but with a friend i thought you understand.
By the way the straw-man was not yours, i thought you understand my point.
Sambya ji has nailed the point on Hindu.
I was one of them who agonized on the subject of Hindu and its definition.

Thank God, my friend is with me ! :)

OM

Eastern Mind
06 February 2010, 07:48 AM
Aum namasivaya

Onkara
06 February 2010, 07:57 AM
Namaste
I would enjoy reading about the beauty of Krishna and the postivie things that Acintya Bheda-abheda has to offer.

amith vikram
06 February 2010, 09:07 AM
the consequences of this kind of 'philosophy' may be akin to that of germany during hitler's reign.
has anyone who has authority thought about how to deal with this?

Ganeshprasad
06 February 2010, 09:14 AM
Pranam EM

Vanakkam Devotee and Ganeshprasad:

Wow. If you guys (stating yourselves as Vaishnavites) have horns and tails, I can't imagine how bad I am. (One who has never read Gita, and sticks to a traditional Siva/Murugan bhakti way) . http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/images/icons/icon9.gif

Aum Namasivayahttp://www.hindudharmaforums.com/images/icons/icon7.gifhttp://www.hindudharmaforums.com/images/icons/icon7.gif

I am working on it i have not seen a demon with a tail!
you are Tamsik at the best go figure what might be the worst.

Jai Shree Krishna

devotee
06 February 2010, 10:28 AM
With EM and GP joining the gang, I think demons are not so bad !

I have already started seeing the protruding teeth, twisted sharp horns & barbed tails as "cute" !

Three cheers for the demons !! :)

OM

sambya
06 February 2010, 10:31 AM
we are all demons out here ........

haha ...........beware all krishna-vadis( read hare krishna) . run and save your @#!%^ !!!!!!

:Roll:

satay
06 February 2010, 11:59 AM
pranam prabhu,

Hare Krsna Prabhu!

Dandavat Pranamas at your feet!

I’ve learnt that you have decided to delete this thread because it breaks the rules of HDF.

You can surely do so, Sir; after all you are the owner of this great forum.

Thank you.

However, I would suggest that instead of deleting the whole thread, you can delete all those portions for which proper pramana from sastra has not been provided.

Also, one favour, please do let me know which portions these are. This is important for me, so that in future I can write some better posts.

Vaisnava-jan Das
Radha Krsna Prana Mor, Yugal Kishor

Sorry, I am not qualified to do such a thing.

Please do not post threads or posts that are against the rules of HDF. A reminder once again that HDF is a 'generic' hindu forum.

Hari Bol!

Krsna Das
07 February 2010, 12:28 PM
Hare Krsna and dandavat pranamas to everybody !

Some persons have emailed me to know what was posted in this thread, the one which was deleted.

Since I cannot post it here, due to the rules of this forum, so if anybody wants to know what the thread was, please PM me with your external email id, I will email it to those who are interested in reading that thread.

Radhe Radhe...

Mohini Shakti Devi
07 February 2010, 01:07 PM
The sign-up sheet of Posters above between the OP and the citation of this statement:

"I’ve learnt that you have decided to delete this thread because it breaks the rules of HDF."

Demonstrate the latent spirit of those who would be deleted.

Mohini Shakti Devi
07 February 2010, 01:33 PM
the consequences of this kind of 'philosophy' may be akin to that of germany during hitler's reign.
has anyone who has authority thought about how to deal with this?

YOU ARE ALL MAD-ABOUT-YOURSELVES!

The Demon is not a beast. A self-obsessed embodied soul who come to view all that they survey as their domain to lord-over. I just read today about a Millionaire Mom killed her 8 year autistic son with drugs ---she was a Millionaire from her Pharmaceutical Empire.

Three times I have posted exactly to this point and here it goes again.

A kin to ... demonic-cum-deserate-mob-mentality [Nazi-germany] ... performing acts that later prove sinful; because they didn't question Authority and "Just followed Orders".

Dictators delegate strong arms to the brutishly skilled to mantain power.

Learn for yourself yourself yourself.

Look at what I said about Jnanis that elect themselves to lord over all they survey. Albeit the majority of jnanis are nevish scholars, but sometimes one becomes a Babar the Great & Company, Inc.

http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38138&postcount=62

http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38272&postcount=70

http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?p=38162

http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38274&postcount=355

amith vikram
08 February 2010, 06:36 AM
hatred,filth,bigotry......is this the attitude of devtas or pious humans...

Ganeshprasad
08 February 2010, 12:07 PM
Pranam Devotee EM Amith,Sambya and all

With EM and GP joining the gang, I think demons are not so bad !

I have already started seeing the protruding teeth, twisted sharp horns & barbed tails as "cute" !

Three cheers for the demons !! :)

OM

don’t get too excited apparently this demon is not a beast that have all this external signs that’s a relief.
But we are ALL MAD well that’s is the implication, reference to ‘our selves’ is just to make you feel better.
worst is the comparison, a mom killing her child, now I wonder why this example, whose benefit?
I am trying to learn for my self but I am having problem looking at this Jnanis, I see Duriodhan and having this great difficulty figuring out, was he a Jnani or Kshtriya?
Am I going mad?
to tarnish any jnanis as demons is stretching this hate a touch too far.
Jai Shree Krishna

Mohini Shakti Devi
08 February 2010, 12:17 PM
The Trademark of Asuras, Demons & the demoniac is CHAOS.

The more Chaos: even better, Blind Chaos; much better, Chaos atop of chaos cloaked as essential barter.

satay
08 February 2010, 02:50 PM
namaste MSD,

Which part of the following forum rule do you not understand?

No Flaming: Please do not post messages that are deliberately hostile and insulting to another member or guest. Please do not post inflammatory, rude, repetitive, or offensive messages designed intentionally to annoy or antagonize other members or disrupt the flow of discussion. This includes messages in profiles and signatures. Controversial topics are welcomed on HDF, however, do not post or create threads only for the sake of creating controversy or hostility. This site is for positive presentation of Sanatana Dharma. Please do not post insulting, hostile or negative comments about Hindus, Hinduism, India or Indians.

Ganeshprasad
08 February 2010, 04:36 PM
Pranam all

What’s the point of insinuating, avoiding directing statement to anyone, one liner that condemns everyone yet claim no responsibilities?

Jai Shree Krishna

saidevo
08 February 2010, 08:22 PM
namaste everyone.

yathA bhAva, tathA bhakta
As the disposition, so the devotee.

shrI KRShNa annihilated asuras--demons, right from his birth. But in this kali yuga, as KAnchi ParamAchArya and Shringeri ParamAchArya have taught, the asuras in the form of their asuric shakti have entered the mind of the common people, so even an avatAra cannot resort to physical annihilation today. But then he gives sound, universal advice to us for sacrificing our asuric tendencies in the fire of dharma and devotion and obtain shreyas--excellence. But then some of his own fanatical devotees, out of stark and naked ingorance, would rather prefer to sacrifice the gods, texts and devotees of other sampradAyas, by pouring the fire of scorn and contempt in the name of exclusive KRShNa-bhakti. What they never know is that by such behaviour in extremes, they violate the sacred dharma that KRShNa has taught, and yet they blindly believe that he would manifest to them! In what way is this different from the behaviour of the proponents of the Abrahamic religions?

devotee
08 February 2010, 08:37 PM
Namaste,

Whether one is ISKCONite, other Vaishnavas, Shaivas, ShAktas, Advaitins, or Millions of common Hindus who don't associate themselves with any sect as stated above or people following any religion on this earth ..... what should spirituality teach us ? What traits I must have to be qualified as a spiritual person ? Should I keep using abusive language against people who have faith different from that of mine ? That makes me a better spiritual person ? If I keep abusing people who don't worship Lord Krishna ... does it make me a better bhakta of Krishna ? Will Krishna be happy to have such a devotee who devotes most of his time reviling others ?

My dear friends .... ISKCONites, Non-ISKCNites and all, if we are not becoming good human beings by following any path of spirituality ... we must stop for a little while & think, "Are we really treading on the correct path ?". It is nothing but Christian mentality or the Muslim mentality to think that if you kill, rape or mutilate, abuse people who don't accept your idea of God then God will be very happy with you ! They (the Christians and Muslims) think they will all get eternal life in heaven even though they killed or raped or mutilated people ... they would get a seat in heaven just because either Jesus was with them or Allah was with them.
Just change the "name" and "form" of the God you worship ... and you get license to do anything on this earth & yet you get a permanent seat in heaven !

Let's drop our Christian/Muslim mentality here and now !

OM

bhaktajan
09 February 2010, 11:18 AM
There is so much variety in the cosmos to be a standard barer for,
versus: in the name of exclusive KRShNa-bhakti.

Krishna says in the Gita, just see, Pasya:

http://www.stackmagazines.com/admin/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/newsstand_web.jpg

http://www.dialbforblog.com/archives/373/newsstand.jpg

http://blog.hubspot.com/Portals/249/images/newsstand.jpg

It is Not all one and the same, but it is all for one and one for all.

Mohini Shakti Devi
09 February 2010, 11:07 PM
such sophmoric yet esoteric humor?
http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showpost.php?p=39140&postcount=14

Mohini Shakti Devi
09 February 2010, 11:10 PM
never mind doubting my love for you all.

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

namaste MSD,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohini Shakti Devi http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?p=39200#post39200)

Which part of the following forum rule do you not understand?

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

"Mad About You" = I love you. What other?

Mad About You
In this American television comedy, Paul and Jamie Buchman share their lives and offer wit and wisdom about relationships. Together, they grow and mature as they learn the art of staying married and loving it. Along for the ride is their ever-tolerant dog, Murray.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mad_About_You

Mohini Shakti Devi
09 February 2010, 11:32 PM
SATAY,

My Mad About MeSelf et al POST was #18
You advise me? MSD? About rules of ettiqutte?

The following post occurred long before my post, it was:

"deliberately hostile and insulting to another member":
http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showpost.php?p=39140&postcount=14

I chastise the flamers and you chastice me as a wrong doer?

I clarify: the Demon is not a science-fiction beast, it is in person.

I beg your pardon.

Explorer
23 March 2010, 10:21 AM
So is this a thread about demons or not ? Cause if it is, I have an on-topic question :D

One of my approaches to Spirituality is the use of hallucinogenic plants, on visionary trips. Of course on these trips some images are metaphorical expressions of what's out there, others are more literal and can be relied upon, and yet others are complete illusions, and have little use except some aesthetic and entertainment value.

One problem is that it's near impossible to tell one type from the other. Here's where I'm thinking the Scriptures might help, since the Hindu texts cover such a rich description of deities and the non-material realms :)

I am curious whether one specific thing I've seen has some corespondent in the Scriptures. It went like this: From some distance above the planet, I saw these red beings, muscular, with bat wings, somewhat resembling the Christian depiction of devils. There were a great number of them, and they all did the same activity: They would fly around the planet, above us, and wherever a sentient being had strong thoughts (intentions, desires, wishes, prayers) these red guys would take the thought, fly it up to the sky and 'plant it' there to grow. Then after a while if the thought was repeated enough to grow, it would bear fruit, the red ones would take it down, back to the original sender of the thought, who would then experience the circumstances they had thought about.

Since they took thoughts and brought back results, I called the red fliers Wish-Granters, but their role was merely of transporters, they cared little for the contents of the thoughts they carried up and down, and also had no interest in what happened once the thought's results were delivered. At the time I found it quite strange of Christians to associate the image of these beings with temptation and corruption, rather than good luck and prosperity.

So then, simple question: do the Hindu texts mention any being like this ? Or is this sort of thought phenomenon described therein ? The details were: Large, muscular, red skin, bat wings, large numbers of them carried thoughts up to grow and bear fruit, and then down again, into physical manifestation. Does this ring any bells or was I just seeing things ? :)

atanu
23 March 2010, 11:11 AM
-----: From some distance above the planet, I saw these red beings, muscular, with bat wings, somewhat resembling the Christian depiction of devils. ----.

Since they took thoughts and brought back results, I called the red fliers Wish-Granters,

So then, simple question: do the Hindu texts mention any being like this ? Or is this sort of thought phenomenon described therein ? The details were: Large, muscular, red skin, bat wings, large numbers of them carried thoughts up to grow and bear fruit, and then down again, into physical manifestation. Does this ring any bells or was I just seeing things ? :)

:D May be these Large, muscular, red skin, bat wings, large numbers, themselves are your thoughts which fulfil your other thoughts?

Explorer
23 March 2010, 05:59 PM
:D May be these Large, muscular, red skin, bat wings, large numbers, themselves are your thoughts which fulfil your other thoughts?

Can very well be, as I said some images are only metaphors for something else. In this case I'm expecting something a bit more real however, since it was not about me or my thoughts, it was happening around the planet, with everyone's thoughts, every human or animal with enough neurons firing to create that thought energy.

I'm thinking that at least some images seen in these experiments are the real deal, and should bear resemblance to what holy men have seen, and also have useful info about how the world works. Let us not forget that there have been at least 2 Nobel prizes won as a result of using psychedelics, so the info is out there ready to be accessed, we just have to get it decoded properly :)

atanu
23 March 2010, 10:42 PM
So is this a thread about demons or not ? Cause if it is, I have an on-topic question :D

One of my approaches to Spirituality is the use of hallucinogenic plants, on visionary trips. ---? :)

I'm thinking that at least some images seen in these experiments are the real deal, and should bear resemblance to what holy men have seen,

Namaste Explorer

How do you say that holy men have seen under hallucinogens?

I am sorry that i, at least, cannot agree. If you are guided by a real teacher, which is extremely unlikely, for a specific purpose then the matter could be different.

Hallucinogens are used in some sadhu sampradaya -s to break the conditioning effect of the normal worldly vision etc., but not to create an alternate vision. That would be another type of conditioning which would leave one useless for anything.

Om Namah Shivaya

kd gupta
23 March 2010, 11:34 PM
Thank God, my friend is with me ! :)

OM
Pl dont forget me , I...NO NO , me is also your friend , but what about your sharp horns....wrt.....gp sir ?

upsydownyupsy mv ss
30 April 2010, 05:08 AM
O.k... Hmmm.... AFTER a thorough reading I have a question....
Whats all this hub bub serious discussion all about you guys???!!!!:eek::headscratch::laugh: All of you are soo funny. Please tell me whats going on, let this child participate in the debate, someone explain it to me completely:rolleyes::p.

NayaSurya
30 April 2010, 07:11 AM
Dear Upsy I can explain this with a universal story.

Once upon a not so long ago time....

There was a religion that had much ritual, it's very core was controlled by the wealthy...and they kept those without money in the dark ...without proper knowledge. They even forbid certain segments of their own population from reading the holy scriptures or coming in to certain areas of their religious structures.

To escape this threat, some move far away...to a distant land to be free.

But, corruption from the former religious dogma was unavoidable and they too became corrupt with the same rigid philosophy.

Others came, they were not of the same beliefs. They believed they could worship at home...that God was found within, around ...EVERYWHERE! They didn't see much need for churches, temples...places of worship....all they had to do was pray and they were in a holy place.

The ones in power saw these simple, humble...earnest seekers of God as a threat. After all, the money collected was their livelyhood.

The establishment can not allow such new ideas to exist.

So they cursed the liberated ones....and they called them demons. The moderates from the establishment stayed quiet...allowed the conservative extremists to have their way. They did not protest against the conservatives...for fear, they too would be added to the list of demons.

Very great discrimination was put upon them. They were sought out in every place they dwelled. Taken from their home in the middle of the night.

They tortured them...killed them and drove them out.

This is the Salem Witch trials....this is the Holocaust....this is the overtaking of the American Indian, England's rule over India, IRELAND ...Africa and America (many more places).

This is the great war between the Sunni and Shia Muslim...this is the great war between the liberal protestant and conservative Catholic in Ireland....this is history....this is humanity.

What causes one group to call humble earnest soul seeking God a demon?

This gross animal vessel...it so often has this urge to discriminate, to subjugate.

We must be more than the animal...never allow it to become triggered with such hatred...and thirst for power.

We must me never allow that conservative group to subjugate the moderate.

It's a fragile balance....too often mankind can not seem to maintain.

This...ultimately is at the core of such things.

devotee
30 April 2010, 09:38 PM
That is an excellent post, Naya Surya ! :)

OM

NayaSurya
01 May 2010, 10:30 AM
Thank you, but I can not take credit for it. It was written in only three or four minutes and came from the higher thing which I often will help translate into writing.

When the words come out and I have no control, and look back on what I wrote and become stunned...sometimes can not believe I typed...then I do realize I am not truly the one who deserves the credit.

rcscwc
19 June 2010, 11:04 PM
Dear Krsna Das,

Sastras did you say ?

There is one Allopanishad too. For you, that also must be Sastra. In fact, I am going to manipulate some books to show you the biggest demon born ever ... & shall try to pass on that too as Sastra !

OM

That a shastra? A forgery of Akbar times!! Haha. So much discredited that no one even bothers to post it online.

upsydownyupsy mv ss
22 June 2010, 08:50 AM
I came across this->
Om twam Indra, Twam RUDRA, Twam VISHNU, Twam Brahma, Twam Prajapatih..... I'm sure you all know what that means....:p
Not clear?
Your parents have given you a name, lets call it original name as "AUM". You are son/daughter of your parents, you are mother/father of your children, you are a husband/wife of your wife/husband, you are a friend of your friend, niece/nephew of your uncle.
You are a different person with respect to different people, that doesn't mean you are many, but you are one.
Also, God is seen differently by different people, as SHIVA, KRISHNA, VISHNU, PARVATHI, LAKSHMI, GANAPATHI, ETC. with different roles, but still one.:grouphug: