PDA

View Full Version : Moderator Appreciation

Eastern Mind
10 February 2010, 07:46 AM
Namaste All:

I couldn't find a previous thread about this although I think its been done. I see Satay as an umpire or referee sometimes, and perhaps too often lately. I remember being taught the value of sportsmanship and to never argue with the referee as there would be no game without one. I don't know why, but this has really stuck with me. I also see sportsmanship as an unmentioned yama/niyama.

If Satay would to come along and say, "I quit! Who among you wants to come forward and take over?" I believe that may very well be the end of these forums. I know I personally wouldn't volunteer. I'm far too grumpy, and would ban everyone else within a few days, so would end up talking with myself a lot.

As a coach of junior high kids, (volleyball) I benched the whiners and had them sit beside me, and we would watch the ref for awhile. We'd watch especially the pauses he or she had to make when a decision on a foul was debatable. In PE classes I used the class roster as a basis for a referee rotation system, so each student had to take a turn at it. Of course, even the regular whiners whined the most about that too. In short I would do anything to demonstrate how tough a job being the ref is.

So Satay, three cheers to you! ... from me on your continued hard work and commitment to this website. It serves a valuable need for the rest of us.

Aum Namasivaya

satay
10 February 2010, 12:28 PM
Namaste Eastern,
Thanks for the kind words.

I feel humbled. The forum is running because of members like yourself. I am only here to keep the garbage out as much as possible so the scholars of hinduism can converse without having to worry about pests.

Thanks again. Keep the interesting posts coming...

grames
11 February 2010, 01:07 AM
Oh My dear Satay,

You do not know what kind of great work you are doing! I still remember our initial attempt but i am all talks but you are man of action. I have no words to really appreciate you and also your time and dedication to run this forum successfully.

At any point of time, if you need any sort of help my useless hands are always available for your service dear Prabhu.

Hare Krishna!

Namaste Eastern,
Thanks for the kind words.

I feel humbled. The forum is running because of members like yourself. I am only here to keep the garbage out as much as possible so the scholars of hinduism can converse without having to worry about pests.

Thanks again. Keep the interesting posts coming...

smaranam
16 February 2010, 12:27 PM
Truly, Satayji's initiative and dedication to keep these forums going is the foundation without which none of this would be here.

Thank You Satayji, for Hindu Dharma Forums.

Its like the invisible folks behind all software and internet , today , without whose vision, hard work and initiative , things would be different. We would not have missed the internet then, but can appreciate its value now.

Sometimes I wonder if internet was God's purpose of bringing people closer to Him, while allowing some appearant major world transactions on the side.

Its like Krshna/Vishnu takes avataar - yadaa yadaa.... so devotees can see His lIlA (pastimes) , and to anhiliate adharma on the side.

Did I stray too much from the topic ? Does not matter since its all Brahman.

Eastern Mind
27 February 2011, 08:40 AM
Vannakkam Satay et al:

I just wanted to bump this thread. Its been a little over a year since I started it, and just wanted to repeat the first post.

Aum Namasivaya

Adhvagat
27 February 2011, 10:30 AM
Satay, thank you for the great initiative of starting this forum!

satay
27 February 2011, 02:09 PM
Namaste,
Take it easy guys and stop embarrasing me, please.

c.smith
27 February 2011, 05:06 PM
Hari Om Satay Ji!

Personally I know that I couldn't have advanced as easily or perhaps as far without your efforts here on the forum. I don't know how to thank-you enough so I won't even try. Suffice it to say for those that can't or won't that you are greatly appreciated!

Clayton

Ramakrishna
27 February 2011, 06:49 PM
Yes indeed, thank you very much Satayji for all that you do!

Jai Sri Ram