PDA

View Full Version : Brahm-Raakshas (The Demon*)

Krsna Das
10 February 2010, 08:41 AM
No.

Pl. dont think that I am obsessed with demons. :)

===========================================

Dandavats to all the Vaisnavas !

When Sarasvati Thakura (Srila Prabhupada) was young he was often taken to visit holy places of Bengal by his father, Bhaktivinoda Thakura.

Bengal abounds in holy places connected to Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associates. Once they set out for Kulina-grama, a village whose inhabitants were very dear to Caitanya Mahaprabhu (cf. Caitanya-caritamrta Adi-lila 10.80-83). Arriving there late one evening, father and son were given a house to stay in. Next morning the villagers asked, “Did you sleep comfortably?”

Bhaktivinoda replied, “Yes! Thank you very much.” Surprised, the villagers asked, “How could you sleep? That house is haunted by a brahma-raksasa (the ghost of a brahmana). We had no other place to give you. But no-one can sleep there peacefully because of disturbances from the ghost.”

Bhaktivinoda Thakura replied, “Yes, that ghost came and tried to disturb us. But I chanted the Hare Krsna maha-mantra very loudly. As a result, not only did the ghost go away, but I can assure you he will not trouble anyone else any more.” Astonished, the villagers asked Bhaktivinoda Thakura, “How could you send him away by chanting Hare Krsna? He was a priest here in this village and he chanted ‘Hare Krsna’ throughout his life. How then, did he become a ghost, and how was it that your chanting has sent him away?”

Bhaktivinoda Thakura explained that the priest’s chanting could not have been actual chanting at all. Sinful people make a show of chanting with the intention of acquiring wealth and reputation. Such so-called chanting is only cheating. It is not actual chanting. Bhaktivinoda Thakura quoted Jagadananda Pandita’s Prema-vivarta:

” ‘asadhu-sange bhai nama kabhu naya, bahire nama-aksara bate, tabe nama nahi haya’ - ‘Those not in the association of bona-fide devotees, cannot actually chant the holy names. Even though they may externally vibrate the sound, “Hare Krsna,” but due to their offenses against the devotees of Lord, Krsna does not manifest himself on the tongue of such persons. They never attain the mercy of naam-prabhu.

The name of Krsna is non-different from Krsna (abhinno naam naminoh). It is completely pure and spiritual. Krsna-nama does not allow Himself to be hijacked by so called devotees.

This man never actually chanted the Hare Krsna mantra even once in his life. On the contrary, he was a sinful person who wanted to use the name for sense gratification. Because of the great offense of taking Krsna’s name to cheat people, he became a ghost. When I chanted, Krsna was pleased to manifest Himself as that sound. A sinful ghost cannot stay in the presence of such chanting.”

This incident was published in a famous daily newspaper of Bengal, the “Amrit Bazar Patrika.”After this, the glories of Bhaktivinoda Thakura became widely known for the first time.

Radhe !

sambya
10 February 2010, 09:42 AM
Pl. dont think that I am obsessed with demons. :)

lol . hahaha i couldnt stop laughing when i read this .

sorry prabhu . no offense meant .seriously .

radhe radhe

Krsna Das
11 February 2010, 12:16 AM
lol . hahaha i couldnt stop laughing when i read this .

sorry prabhu . no offense meant .seriously .

radhe radhe

:) Thanks for your motivation.

With the blessings of all the demons, I will continue to shower my blessings on each of them.

But hey, wait a minute ! How did I manage to forget "Pishachaas" ?

sambya
11 February 2010, 01:03 AM
there another interesting class of spirits in bengal beside the brahmarakshasha who has a hookah in his hand and sits on a bel tree and has a thick upavita around his pot belly !! lol .

these are sankh-chunnis . married women in bengal wears conch bracelts to commemorate their marraige which is called sankha . a ghost of married women is often seen loittering around with lots of sankha on her hands and is called sankh chunnis .

hahahah .

now lets chant the mahamantra to kiss their @#$ out of this world .

hahaha

Krsna Das
11 February 2010, 01:26 AM
now lets chant the mahamantra to kiss their @#$ out of this world .

hahaha

:) :D :Roll: